Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119407 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: News in General
« Reply #480 on: July 16, 2022, 12:53:03 PM »

People will DIE if Republicans win in '22, ESPN3.  (Whatever that means)

Come on, man.

Republicans are pure evil. It is a good thing they are being tracked, monitored, and recorded by their phones and in some cases their cars and homes as well. Stopping republicans and people who cast votes for republicans is a matter of life and death.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: News in - 968 years ago, today.
« Reply #481 on: July 16, 2022, 02:42:59 PM »

On July 16, 1054, a delegation sent by Pope Leo in Rome marched into the Hagia Sophia cathedral in Constantinople and laid a papal bull (an official pronouncement) on the altar, excommunicating Patriarch Michael Cerularius and his followers. Four days later Cerularius excommunicated Leo
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #482 on: July 16, 2022, 03:16:03 PM »

Great Schism!  There was some doubt about the validity of the papal bull, since Leo had died a couple months earlier.  Also doubt about the excommunication  of Leo, due to his being already dead.  Still, it does conjure an amusing imaginary skit...

I'm excommunicated?  Well, you're excommunicated!  You can't excommunicate me, I already excommunicated you! (etc.)

Holly Martins

« Reply #483 on: July 16, 2022, 03:20:01 PM »

Then Fetterman flew a plane over weekend beachgoers on the New Jersey shore trailing a sign that said, HEY DR. OZ, WELCOME HOME TO NJ!  [heart symbol] JOHN.

https://apnews.com/article/john-fetterman-pennsylvania-senate-race-7ee6a7ef1e4a37fc8c6ebeaff79c9450

Heh!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 16, 2022, 09:15:06 PM »

Fair housing?
Everybody equal in the real estate/housing game?
Friend of mine is 73, bad marriage, divorced, wife custody of kids, he stayed in home and worked two jobs.
Home now old and unlivable.
Depression etc saw him put on weight, now very overweight about 340lbs and walks with crutches.
He wants to rent a house or apartment, has the money, ...the properties go to young people with or without children.
He's had to resort to living in an aged care facility room.
He wants out of there so I told him to "flash the cash" at real estate agents, offer to pay all the rent in advance, at higher price than asking, and a bonus for the agent.
Seems to me that not much in life is fair and equal.
Seems to me that everything is a war.. in which only the rich do well.

Sounds like he fucked himself royally

His first mistake was going down the "happy wife, happy life" road.
He, a non-smoking, non-drinking, employed, white Christian male, was turned into a *doormat*.
Doormat idea was a dismal failure...his life was far from happy.
Then divorce, and his life turned into misery.
Kids gone, living alone, working 2 jobs, resentment, etc...eventually screwed with his mind.
"Happy wife, happy life" is all well and good, ...but should always have "within reason" attached.

There are supposed to be anti--discrimination laws re housing real estate, but owners and agents can be cunning.
So for the time being he's still in the aged care village (nursing home section)...a room, aircon, ensuite bathroom, tv with some cable, laundry done, room cleaned, dining room.
He's not poor. He's still in frugal-living mode, having had to fend for himself.
He's applied for a self-care apartment in the same village, kitchen, fridge, microwave, washing machine...he doesn't need nursing, just needs assisted living, cleaner.
As luck would have it, mrs bambu stayed around or I could have easily finished up like, and exactly where my friend is.
Although think I would've moved to the country, things are cheaper, and the women more 'accepting'.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 17, 2022, 12:07:35 AM »

Senior citizen villages are a great idea to help to solve the homelessness crisis here in California.

One area is California City, they could have senior citizen housing for the people 55 and over, and they can have golf, and good restaurants, and a movie theatre, and a bowling alley, etc. And they can have a great book store, etc, etc, etc.

http://www.californiacity-ca.gov

Link for the Golf Course in California City...

https://tierradelsolgolfclub.com/

As for me, I am very grateful for my 1 bedroom apartment here in Anaheim, I have been in this apartment since 2006. And the City of Anaheim is starting some new programs, and we are removing people who were corrupt. Anaheim is nice. Not as nice as Malibu, but still nice. And I have a film school ten miles away. I am lucky to be here until I publish my poetry book and get my movie script made or sold. And someday I hope to find a good woman, I would like to find a beautiful young woman about 30 years old and have a kid. And maybe I will find a woman who wants to write and produce with me, and do other things, and travel and do charity. Etc.

No time for resentment, nor jealousy, etc. Just want to be grateful, and try to make the most out of however much time I have here on Earth, and hopefully make a difference in the world while I am here.

I need to have a good attitude, and I need to be grateful, and I am optimistic about the future.

Here in Anaheim we are going to put a new 2% gate tax on Disneyland, and on the Angel games, etc, and we are going to use the money to help the homeless, and for mental health support, etc, and we can build swimming pools and tennis courts, there are many things we can do with the money. We can make Anaheim nicer. We can start a trajectory towards improvement. Our motto is City of Kindness, and Anaheim can be great. We need love, and kindness, and a good sense of community, and we are lucky to have the Angels, and the Ducks, and Disney, etc, and the Chapman film school, etc. We are blessed.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 12:23:30 AM by FlyingVProd »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 17, 2022, 11:35:49 AM »

Cooler heads.
Certainly does not pertain to Biden.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 17, 2022, 12:46:17 PM »

Cooler heads.
Certainly does not pertain to Biden.

You are both too thick to serve as soup.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 18, 2022, 01:34:30 AM »

Cooler heads.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/17/judge-temporarily-blocks-biden-order-on-transgender-bathroom-use/

In bambuworld 'transgender' is a tricky thing.
One problem is males 'identifying' as females, but still having all the genitalia they were born with intact.
There was some trouble at a 'women only' seaside pool. Apparently some such 'males identifying' were not genuine and were looking too longingly at women who had left their swimsuit tops in the dressing room.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #491 on: July 18, 2022, 01:56:38 AM »

Cooler heads.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/17/judge-temporarily-blocks-biden-order-on-transgender-bathroom-use/

One problem is males 'identifying' as females, but still having all the genitalia they were born with intact.
There was some trouble at a 'women only' seaside pool. Apparently some such 'males identifying' were not genuine and were looking too longingly at women who had left their swimsuit tops in the dressing room.

There is a bambu in every group...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 18, 2022, 06:37:52 AM »

Cooler heads.

There is a bambu in every group...

LOL
Not pretending to be a trans woman in the ladies only swimming group.
That would be called 'abusive' surely.
Trickery...of that kind, would mess with my mind.
My mind doesn't need any more piled onto it.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 18, 2022, 11:04:41 AM »

Great Schism!  There was some doubt about the validity of the papal bull, since Leo had died a couple months earlier.  Also doubt about the excommunication  of Leo, due to his being already dead.  Still, it does conjure an amusing imaginary skit...

I'm excommunicated?  Well, you're excommunicated!  You can't excommunicate me, I already excommunicated you! (etc.)
Extra History used that exact joke in its series on Early Christian Schism.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Holly Martins

« Reply #494 on: July 18, 2022, 03:03:15 PM »

Those the ones with the cartoon figures with detached heads?  Think I saw one of their series about Genghis Khan.  Will look for their Schisms series, thanks.  (my mental picture involved Python actors for Leo and Cerularius and the legates.)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 566