Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119359 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #630 on: July 28, 2022, 04:31:46 PM »

They told the story of Vera from the Channel 5 News in Los Angeles this morning, she was my Uncle Dennis' favorite weather woman, and she lived an inspirational life.

Her Mother was an immigrant, and she had 6 kids, and they lived in Garden Grove, California. Vera's Dad died when she was 3 years old, and Vera was raised by a poor immigrant Mother who was a widow with 6 kids. They were poor and Vera's Mom made her dresses to wear, her Mom made her own clothes. Vera learned English from playing with her neighbors. Vera attended Santa Ana Community College and that was what led her to her current job as a weather woman for the Channel 5 News. Her Mother still lives in Garden Grove. The Santa Ana Community College is giving her an award, and she is so proud. She has had quite a life, and she is living the American Dream.

I lived in Garden Grove right by where Vera grew up, and Garden Grove is nice, it is a good area. And we have some great community colleges, I attended the community college in the Antelope Valley before I went to acting school, and the community college was fantastic. Vera said that an award from the community college was like an Oscar for Vera, Santa Ana Community College helped her on the path to a good life.

Vera has done great. A lot of people have hard lives and go on to do great things, the secret is not to sit around and dwell on how poor you are or how bad your life is, instead of feeling sorry for herself, Vera went to community college and is doing great things.

Salute,

Tony V.

P.S. - Of note on community colleges, Fullerton Community College is training people for jobs at Disney now, people can go get their AA degree and then they can go right to work for Disney. Our community colleges are great places. ( Cal State Fullerton is also working together with Disney if people want to get a 4 year degree and then go to work for Disney. )

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 28, 2022, 08:06:43 PM »

I have had some great roommates in my life, God has blessed me to have lived with some cool people.

When I lived in Garden Grove, before I went to Italy, I had a roommate who had an uncle who was the Mayor of a city in Thailand. She was very generous and she was always buying everyone food. She wanted me to move to Thailand, she said that I could buy a house cheap in Thailand, and she said that I could have cheap helpers for my household, she said workers are very cheap in Thailand and she said that I could have a housekeeper, and a cook, and a gardener, etc, very cheap, household workers are very cheap in Thailand. She was a cool roommate, and she can live anywhere in the world and she picked California. She loves California.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 28, 2022, 08:47:16 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Holly Martins

« Reply #633 on: July 29, 2022, 11:32:49 AM »

Seems out of touch with the real life situations many women find themselves in when pregnant.  Somewhere over 90% of abortions happen before 12 weeks, do not harm a sentient being, and spare a woman who is not ready to birth a child and handle all that goes with in missed work, potential health threats, medical bills, postpartum issues, etc.
Why does the far Right keep deferring to men as somehow authoritative on women's bodies and medical decisions?

Jim says he's also willing to take on any post-partum depression or complications.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 29, 2022, 02:34:59 PM »

Now This

1 hour

Prosecutors in Spain said Friday they would ask a court to sentence Colombian pop star Shakira to eight years and two months in prison, if she is convicted in her expected trial for alleged tax fraud.

------------------

Shakira has been giving her money to charity since the beginning, Shakira has donated schools for the poor children in Colombia, and she has her charity The Bare Feet Children's Foundation, Shakira is a saint. Shame on Spain for threatening Shakira with punishment over taxes, Shakira is very generous and she has done so much to help the children.

Shakira is one of the good people in the world, she is not a criminal and she has done so much for charity, Spain needs to drop the charges and they need to work things out quietly with Shakira.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 29, 2022, 02:47:28 PM »

Mikal Dixon was known to Burlington police as a loose cannon up to no good - and now a young woman is DEAD, her friend fighting for her life.

Welcome to America 2022

https://www.foxnews.com/us/university-vermont-student-killed-friend-critically-injured-murder-suicide-blocks-campus-cops
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 29, 2022, 02:55:58 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 29, 2022, 03:21:30 PM »

Mikal Dixon was known to Burlington police as a loose cannon up to no good - and now a young woman is DEAD, her friend fighting for her life.

Welcome to America 2022

https://www.foxnews.com/us/university-vermont-student-killed-friend-critically-injured-murder-suicide-blocks-campus-cops

Fictitious right leads to ever growing body count.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 29, 2022, 04:13:35 PM »

Now it is time to lock up his flunkies in the GOP.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #641 on: July 29, 2022, 06:13:59 PM »

« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 11:03:35 PM by josh »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 29, 2022, 10:22:08 PM »

« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 11:03:56 PM by josh »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 566