Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119426 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #720 on: August 04, 2022, 05:36:56 PM »

Dems in Florida gotta toe the line

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/04/politics/desantis-suspends-prosecutor/index.html

How does that authoritarian boot taste?
Like most right wingers kiid loves cancel culture. Provided they get to do the canceling.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 04, 2022, 07:17:10 PM »

Dems in Florida gotta toe the line

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/04/politics/desantis-suspends-prosecutor/index.html

How does that authoritarian boot taste?
Like most right wingers kiid loves cancel culture. Provided they get to do the canceling.
What culture is DeSantis canceling.?
The suspended prosecutor openly stated  he would not follow the laws duly enacted by the Florida Legislature
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/04/us/desantis-tampa-prosecutor-abortion.html

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 04, 2022, 08:03:25 PM »

Wait... aren't you the one who keeps harping on the consent of the governed?

DeSantis is seeking to remove a Democrat twice elected by Hillsborough voters, by a clear majority.  Isn't DeSantis cancelling their vote?  This is usually where you admonish us that the voters can always vote someone out if they don't feel he's doing his job properly.  Why not let the people of Hillsborough decide? 

Heh.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 04, 2022, 08:55:00 PM »

DeSantis is seeking to remove a Democrat twice elected by Hillsborough voters, by a clear majority.
Nixon was elected twice by large majorities.
I could go on.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 04, 2022, 09:16:58 PM »

DeSantis is seeking to remove a Democrat twice elected by Hillsborough voters, by a clear majority.
I could go on.

Do not bother. I will go on for you.

Nixon started the modern republican tradition of getting caught cheating in every presidential bid with his key aids serving every kleptocrat adversarial to the United States up to and including donald trump.

Now that his mythical silent majority is mostly fertilizer, his lasting legacy is a republican party full of hateful cheating lying scum.

And yes, he was a crook.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 04, 2022, 09:26:10 PM »

Ohhhhhh that Holder - what a kidder

https://share.newsbreak.com/1jgy70ns

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 04, 2022, 09:36:28 PM »

Some foods that we can serve to the poor in the poorest nations are fish and bread, like in the Bible, people can live on fish and bread.

Also, people can eat fish tacos, and fish burritos, with whatever ingredients that are plentiful at the time. The type of fish can depend on the area and the time of year, etc.

Of note for a healthy planet, is people can eat oranges, and people can drink orange juice, and also to celebrate life people can drink mimosas, the poor people can make mimosas with Cold Duck.

California can also sell avocados to the world.

The Mexicans also eat scrambled eggs with cactus, prickly pear cactus. They also make candy out of the prickly pear cactus. 

And China can help to get food and products onto the store shelves in the poorest of poor nations.

I am blessed to have 3 great grocery stores in my neighborhood, Vons, Stater Brothers, and Northgate, they are all 3 great stores.

And we have a Carl's Jr in the location where the original Carl's Jr was built, it is right next to a beautiful park.

Close by we have a Guadalajara restaurant that sells authentic Mexican food 24 hours per day. We are blessed to be able to get tacos 24 hours per day. It is a great restaurant.

So, we will get through this crisis, and the fishermen can help to provide fish, and people can have canneries where they can the fish, etc, and the farmers can grow wheat and they can make flour and people can make bread, and people can make tortillas, etc. Then, to make everyone healthier we can all have orange juice, and avocados, and tomato sauce, etc.

And Pasta is cheap, and beans, and rice, etc. Salsa and sauces can spice things up.

Of the nations who are doing well one is Colombia, Colombians are making a lot of money from coffee, as people have spent more time at home then more people are drinking coffee, and the growth in the industry in Colombia is way above all of the other nations in their area. It is great to see Colombia getting wealthy while they enjoy peace, peace and prosperity is what it is all about. I drink my Colombian coffee every morning, it is a treat, and it is a great way to start my day.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 09:55:10 PM by FlyingVProd »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #727 on: August 04, 2022, 09:54:53 PM »

As Joe Biden would say, Not a joke! Not a joke!

Trump is like a punch drunk fighter getting banged from all sides.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 04, 2022, 09:55:43 PM »

Your whole nest of vipers is about to get weed whacked.

What a day for you!
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 04, 2022, 11:28:47 PM »

Texas is now making great wine, I will have to try some.

https://texasfinewine.com/wine-facts/

The poor people of Kentucky can get good wine from Texas for a good price. And the people of Nevada would drink the Texan wine. It is good that Texas is making wine now. And the people in Florida will drink the Texan wine, I am sure a lot of people are willing to try the Texan wine.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 05, 2022, 12:36:47 AM »

Governor Andy Beshear

3 hours

Very good news this morning - President Joe Biden has approved Individual Assistance for Floyd and Pike counties. This support is critical for our Eastern Kentucky families as we work together to recover and rebuild. The devastation is enormous and every level of support will help. - AB

-------

Little things like good Colombian coffee can be sent to Kentucky, and Top Ramen with canned sardines and canned salmon, and good cheap wine from Texas, and Louisiana can send corn and crawfish to Kentucky, etc. Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli is also great for the hungry people, and Campbell Soup. And California can send orange juice to Kentucky, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #731 on: August 05, 2022, 01:15:44 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 05, 2022, 09:23:55 AM »

Jobs growth and wage growth soared in July. Republicans will deny it!

Unemployment rate matches pre-pandemic level, at 3.5%. (50 year low).

Shut up and keep working.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/08/05/business/jobs-report-july-economy
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Holly Martins

« Reply #733 on: August 05, 2022, 09:52:24 AM »

I could go on.

This is usually where you admonish us that the voters can always vote someone out if they don't feel he's doing his job properly.  Why not let the people of Hillsborough decide?   

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 05, 2022, 11:02:07 AM »

https://apnews.com/article/oddities-seoul-south-korea-51cedde41e667df73fe996cf707899ab

One of South Korea s root problems.  Ad leaves a bad taste in some viewers mouths.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 566