Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119337 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #885 on: August 16, 2022, 05:55:56 PM »

It has been so long since someone has called me.a.racist! Please someone call me racist!
Translated for general use.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Holly Martins

« Reply #886 on: August 16, 2022, 06:20:11 PM »

Yes.  Funny his lack of outrage over white rednecks beating Asian Americans.  Who are three quarters of attackers.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/viral-images-show-people-color-anti-asian-perpetrators-misses-big-n1270821

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 16, 2022, 06:26:06 PM »

As we fund Wellness Centers, and Mental Health Associations, around the USA to help the homeless, and the mentally ill, then we can create local jobs by building schools locally and by training local people to be Psychiatrists and Councilors, etc. And a lot of times the mentally ill people will get help and they will get treatment, and some respond well to treatment and can go on to become doctors, etc, and certainly many people go on to manage homeless shelters, and to help to cook for the homeless, etc. Homeless people also go on to work at the MHA Thrift Store. In Orange County we are funding the Wellness Center and there is the MHA, but we have a huge shortage of Psychiatrists, and also there is a shortage of Primary Care Physicians.

We need to start building schools instead of prisons, and we need to help the homeless and the mentally ill.

Biden's new next big deal can be helping our homeless people and our mentally ill people, and building schools to train scientists, doctors, and psychiatrists, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 06:37:19 PM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: August 16, 2022, 06:27:46 PM »

Greedy people attempt to use their descendants to shake down a religious order: https://time.com/6206585/jesuits-reparations-descendants-slavery/

Someone has set out to get the jesuits back to poverty, chastity, and obedience. It is not only about time, it is long overdue.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #889 on: August 16, 2022, 10:24:14 PM »

Liz Cheney just entered the 2024 race
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: August 16, 2022, 10:50:06 PM »

I don't think she did well enough among the GOP to have a ghost of a chance nationally.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #891 on: August 16, 2022, 10:55:22 PM »

I don't think she did well enough among the GOP to have a ghost of a chance nationally.

Me neither but only because she crossed The Orange Od on Earth. She is dead to MAGA base But she can help blow the GOP to bits in order to rebuild/rebrand.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: August 16, 2022, 11:09:01 PM »

Me neither but only because she crossed The Orange Od on Earth. She is dead to MAGA base But she can help blow the GOP to bits in order to rebuild/rebrand.

we can only hope.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #893 on: August 16, 2022, 11:57:42 PM »

Nahh

Biden Administration will hire her.   
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: August 17, 2022, 12:07:21 AM »

Nahh

Depends on the 2022 elections. More likely, if there is still a Jan 6 committee, they would hire her.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #895 on: August 17, 2022, 09:28:03 AM »

Nahh

For what?

She would not take the job Biden will not offer. It would destroy her credibility with Republicans. I think she is thinking the party will need people like her when it emerges from the black hole of Trumpiness, blinks its eyes in the sun and says, Hey, we need to be a political party again with ideals and policies. It has become a cult of personality and the best thing for it would be to get its MAGAist members trounced at the hustings.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #896 on: August 17, 2022, 11:50:05 AM »

You actually think Liz Cheney can be a future "leader" of the Republican Party?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: August 17, 2022, 12:18:59 PM »

You actually think Liz Cheney can be a future "leader" of the Republican Party?

If there is a future for the GOP at all, then she is as good a bet as any.

But it is unclear that there is.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #898 on: August 17, 2022, 12:21:13 PM »

Depends on your definition of leader. I doubt she is a candidate for elective office for a few years at least.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: August 17, 2022, 12:22:58 PM »

It has been so long since someone has called me.a.racist! Please someone call me racist!
Translated for general use.

Nice obfuscation. Attack the messenger instead of the message. It's what the weak-minded like you always do. Bottom line, there is a long history of race based violence by blacks towards Asians in America.

Sorry that bothers you so much that you feel the need to attack those willing to point to a fact.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 566