Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119410 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #960 on: August 25, 2022, 12:06:04 AM »

So he shot a fleeing suspect in the back, from 18 feet away", when the suspect had what the police officer knew to be an empty, fully discharged taser. Even if a taser was a lethal weapon it no longer was except in a Chinese Lolipop Man sort of weapon.
Ergo, charges dropped after two years of detailed investigation and a special prosecutor.Everything you posted is your speculation with no evidence or testimony to support whatever point you are trying to make.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 25, 2022, 12:27:28 AM »

Having failed in his attack on debt relief, ward is back to defending needlessly violent cops.

Lead poisoning has crippled everything important about the boy. A damn shame.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 25, 2022, 12:29:11 AM »

"Brooks tried to break free..."

Isn't this how it usually happens?

Why not just give him a ticket and let him walk home? They had his car. They had his personal info. They verified a relative lived up the block where he could crash.

Nah.

You would need to bring this up with the board in charge of policy.  Are you asking that they go against the "book"?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: August 25, 2022, 08:13:54 AM »

So he shot a fleeing suspect in the back, from 18 feet away", when the suspect had what the police officer knew to be an empty, fully discharged taser. Even if a taser was a lethal weapon it no longer was except in a Chinese Lolipop Man sort of weapon.
Ergo, charges dropped after two years of detailed investigation and a special prosecutor.Everything you posted is your speculation with no evidence or testimony to support whatever point you are trying to make.
Your response to my detailed point by point linking of each comment from my post to the facts you posted is to delete it and pretend it does not exist. Typical.

And is it that hard to learn formatting?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 25, 2022, 09:02:11 AM »

Your response to my detailed point by point linking of each comment from my post to the facts you posted is to delete it and pretend it does not exist. Typical.

It does not have any bearing on the two year investigation since the facts uncovered do not warrant charges.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 09:04:25 AM by Espnthree »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #965 on: August 25, 2022, 09:35:40 AM »

Why not just give him a ticket and let him walk home? They had his car. They had his personal info. They verified a relative lived up the block where he could crash.

Nah.

You would need to bring this up with the board in charge of policy.  Are you asking that they go against the "book"?

Yeah.

I rode with NYPD for 11 months as a contract videographer.

Police have discretion.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #966 on: August 25, 2022, 09:37:41 AM »

It does not have any bearing on the two year investigation since the facts uncovered do not warrant charges.

Charges were
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 25, 2022, 10:15:33 AM »

Nah.

Yeah.

I rode with NYPD for 11 months as a contract videographer.

Police have discretion.

Soft on crime LB...

Your current Dem heroes applaud you.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #968 on: August 25, 2022, 10:25:10 AM »

Thanks, Kid!!!!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #969 on: August 25, 2022, 11:32:58 AM »

BTW, is a taser a lethal weapon?  The police keep telling me it's not.

A 2012 study published in the American Heart Association journal Circulation found that Tasers can cause ventricular arrhythmias, sudden cardiac arrest and even death. In 2014, NAACP State Conference President Scot X. Esdaile and the Connecticut NAACP argued that Tasers cause lethal results.[13] Reuters reported that more than 1,000 people shocked with a Taser by police died through the end of 2018 with 153 of those deaths being attributed to or related to the use of Tasers.[14] At least 500 people died in 2018 in the US after being shocked by police with a Taser.[3][4] Fulton County, Georgia District Attorney Paul Howard Jr. said in 2020 that under Georgia law, a taser is considered as a deadly weapon.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: August 25, 2022, 12:34:32 PM »

A 2012 study published in the American Heart Association journal Circulation found that Tasers can cause ventricular arrhythmias, sudden cardiac arrest and even death. In 2014, NAACP State Conference President Scot X. Esdaile and the Connecticut NAACP argued that Tasers cause lethal results.[13] Reuters reported that more than 1,000 people shocked with a Taser by police died through the end of 2018 with 153 of those deaths being attributed to or related to the use of Tasers.[14] At least 500 people died in 2018 in the US after being shocked by police with a Taser.[3][4] Fulton County, Georgia District Attorney Paul Howard Jr. said in 2020 that under Georgia law, a taser is considered as a deadly weapon.
An empty, uncnarged taser.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 25, 2022, 12:54:47 PM »

An empty, uncnarged taser.
Not necessary to the policeman giving chase, even if he could have known for sure.
His partner had already been knocked down by a taser charge and could have been fatally injured.
Might want to study up on the law in Fulton County.  And the evidence. In this case.

Holly Martins

« Reply #972 on: August 25, 2022, 01:05:55 PM »

Imagine my delight that Ward just researched and then argued for the lethal danger of tasers. 

The cops should probably shoot any fleeing drunk, given that he might know karate and his hands and feet could be quite  deadly.  Or he could be part of an Argentine college debt conspiracy - a dangerous desperado!  Or debt-sperado! 

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #973 on: August 25, 2022, 01:12:31 PM »

Education is the great equalizer, giving all Americans 2 free years of college is a great idea, and we need to make a full education available to those who are capable.

I do not understand the people who are opposed to an education for all Americans. They say that an education is not for everyone, and that the poor people should spend the money on tools for the trades instead of spending the money on an education, etc, etc, etc. Now, the rich people are complaining that the poor people get a free education, it is all bullshit, we need to just give a free education to all Americans.

And here in Anaheim, our children are becoming very educated, they are teaching the children how to do coding for computers, then when they reach college age we have Fullerton Community College, Cal State Fullerton, Chapman University and the Dodge film school, and we also have UCI medical school. The OC has a very educated population. We have a lot of Spanish speakers, but the children are becoming very educated.

Biden is right to help the students with debt reduction, and we need to do more to help to better educate the people of the United States, and we need to value an education.

Salute,

Tony V.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #974 on: August 25, 2022, 01:14:20 PM »

Imagine my delight that Ward just researched and then argued for the lethal danger of tasers. 
LOL!
I repeat part of the evidence in the case and the status of tasers and the  law in Atlanta.
These are facts, not my opinions

Not necessary to the policeman giving chase, even if he could have known for sure.
His partner had already been knocked down by a taser charge and could have been fatally injured.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 01:19:42 PM by Espnthree »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 566