Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119469 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #990 on: August 27, 2022, 01:11:21 PM »

There is a story about the King of Morocco during World War II, he was asked to assign the Star of David to the Jews and to separate the Jews from the rest of society, but instead of doing so he reportedly said that Morocco did not have Muslim citizens or Jewish citizens but instead only had Moroccan citizens, and the Jews from Morocco were saved and did not perish in the Holocaust.

Here in the USA we are built on the idea that ALL people are created equal. We are entitled to brotherhood from sea to shining sea with ALL Americans. It is wrong to start breaking the USA up into ethnic groups and it is wrong to give benefits to one race and not to all races equally.

We have the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which is the Fair Employment Act, which guarantees that ALL people have an equal chance for a job. And we have the Civil Rights Act of 1968, which is the Fair Housing Act, which guarantees that ALL people have an equal chance for housing. That is all that we need. We need an equal chance at a job, and we need an equal chance at housing.

Here in Anaheim the City recently designated an area "Little Arabia" and I feel like it was the wrong thing to do because Anaheim belongs to all people equally. I feel like Anaheim needs to belong to all citizens of Anaheim equally, and I do not approve of designating an area for the Arabs. I sent them my point of view, and that is all I can do. They designated the area "Little Arabia" in spite of my objection.

The USA has to be built on the idea that ALL people are created equal, otherwise it is all bullshit. And the Jews would never have died in the Holocaust if they had not first been separated from the rest of society and marked with the Star of David. All citizens of Anaheim need to be equal, and the City of Anaheim needs to belong to everyone.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 27, 2022, 02:46:21 PM »

There is a story about the King of Morocco during World War II, he was asked to assign the Star of David to the Jews and to separate the Jews from the rest of society, but instead of doing so he reportedly said that Morocco did not have Muslim citizens or Jewish citizens but instead only had Moroccan citizens, and the Jews from Morocco were saved and did not perish in the Holocaust.

Here in the USA we are built on the idea that ALL people are created equal. We are entitled to brotherhood from sea to shining sea with ALL Americans. It is wrong to start breaking the USA up into ethnic groups and it is wrong to give benefits to one race and not to all races equally.

We have the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which is the Fair Employment Act, which guarantees that ALL people have an equal chance for a job. And we have the Civil Rights Act of 1968, which is the Fair Housing Act, which guarantees that ALL people have an equal chance for housing. That is all that we need. We need an equal chance at a job, and we need an equal chance at housing.

Here in Anaheim the City recently designated an area "Little Arabia" and I feel like it was the wrong thing to do because Anaheim belongs to all people equally. I feel like Anaheim needs to belong to all citizens of Anaheim equally, and I do not approve of designating an area for the Arabs. I sent them my point of view, and that is all I can do. They designated the area "Little Arabia" in spite of my objection.

The USA has to be built on the idea that ALL people are created equal, otherwise it is all bullshit. And the Jews would never have died in the Holocaust if they had not first been separated from the rest of society and marked with the Star of David. All citizens of Anaheim need to be equal, and the City of Anaheim needs to belong to everyone.

Salute,

Tony V.

Ah yes, "immigrant ethnic enclaves", "ethnic enclaves"...call them whatever...bambu-ilk lost that one too.
They're everywhere, many waving their own national/racial flags, sometimes against the national flag of the country in which they live.
They take over whole districts of cities etc..." no-go" zones for anyone else in many places.
"Little Arabia" is but one.

Then there are whole states...with allegations being made for example that "California is returning to the jurisdiction of Mexico without firing a shot".

One woman in the old NYT forums said that her sister in California was told "learn Spanish or be sacked".
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 27, 2022, 03:01:25 PM »

COULD MODERATOR PLEASE ASK SITE OWNER TO FIX THE CLIENT-SERVER ISSUE WITH SSL AUTHENTICATION??  IT IS STILL HARD TO LOG ON HERE, AND HAS BEEN FOR THE PAST WEEK FOR ANDROID USERS. 

PERHAPS ELBA NEEDS TO UPDATE ITS CERTIFICATES AND SOFTWARE VERSION?

IS JOSH SHUT OUT THIS WEEK? IS THAT WHY NO ACTION CAN HAPPEN ON THIS?
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 27, 2022, 03:24:59 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Ah yes, "immigrant ethnic enclaves", "ethnic enclaves"...call them whatever...bambu-ilk lost that one too.
They're everywhere, many waving their own national/racial flags, sometimes against the national flag of the country in which they live.
They take over whole districts of cities etc..." no-go" zones for anyone else in many places.

Then there are whole states...with allegations being made for example that "California is returning to the jurisdiction of Mexico without firing a shot".

One woman in the old NYT forums said that her sister in California was told "learn Spanish or be sacked".

Here in California one third of our people were born in other nations, and we need to teach them that we are all equal, and we need to teach them about the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and about the Civil Rights Act of 1968, people marched, and fought, and died, for our Fair Rights Acts.

The USA has to all be equal. And I do not have an ethnic team to join, I am just an old White guy, they are making me feel alone and isolated in my own country. I was homeless for 2 years and no one helped me. I finally ended up in the hospital before they put me in housing and helped me. It is hard being poor and alone in the USA and they think that the White men have it so easy. And I am friends with the Mexicans here, and I want for us all to be equal, and I love the Italians, and the Jews, I just want for everyone in the USA to be equal. My family has been in the USA for hundreds of years and I want to feel like this is my home and like the people here are my people. If the people here in the USA are not my people then I do not have anyone, I am just an old White American. ( Meanwhile, I love the Europeans, and I may end up moving to live in Italy. )

It is sad that I have to go do a DNA test to find out who my people are. My people should be all Americans, with brotherhood from sea to shining sea.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 03:27:51 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 27, 2022, 03:28:19 PM »

Sometimes I feel like I am insignificant, and like my ideas do not matter, but at the same time I have eaten dinner with Mayors here in Orange County on several occasions, and I was able to help on the issues of homelessness and mental illness, and I had friends who were the best people may they rest in peace ( I hate that we get old and die, I miss my friends. ) Anyhow, I have dined with the leaders and I was able to share my ideas with them, and to them my ideas mattered. I get depressed if I focus on my own life, depression is the deepest form of self centeredness. When we get depressed we need to get outside of ourselves and we need to go help other people. We need to find those who are suffering and we need to bring them aid. As we help the people in need then it heals us as we get outside of ourselves and help others.

( Of note, I enjoy helping the poor, and I love helping the poor people in Mexico, and instead of building walls I want for us to work together as a team with the Mexicans and to help Mexico. And Elvis made a film in Acapulco. We need to work together with Mexico as a team. ) ( Jeb Bush met his wife while helping to build an orphanage in Mexico, Jeb is a cool guy. )

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 27, 2022, 04:38:26 PM »

As the refugees come to our Southern Border for help, then we need to help the people. We can help the people by putting them all to work, we can create jobs for the people building high speed trains, and water systems including aqueducts and new dams, etc. The refugees can also help by planting orange trees here in California and we can send orange juice to the UNICEF refugee camps. Refugees can also pick strawberries, etc, and they can work on farms helping to make cheese, etc. Instead of building walls then we instead need to bring the people in and give them good honest jobs. And the refugees can safely ride on Greyhound buses and they do not need to travel in a dangerous fashion, the Greyhound buses are nice and safe. We also need to build housing for the homeless, so we can put the refugees to work with Habitat for Humanity, and the refugees can also join the United Farm Workers, etc.

We need to help our refugees on our Southern Border.

Also, the Mexicans can drive trucks, and they can bring goods up to the USA from ports in Mexico. People in Kentucky can get goods from Mexican ports delivered by Mexican truck drivers, the Mexicans can help to make sure that the good people of Kentucky have food and supplies on the shelves of their stores.

We have lots of jobs that the refugees can be doing instead of being stuck in refugee camps. We need to free the refugees and we need to help them to go to work. Food Insecurity and Global Warming are two big issues that the refugees can help us to solve, the refugees can help to grow food, and the refugees can help to build high speed trains and subways, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 27, 2022, 08:03:37 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Here in California one third of our people were born in other nations, and we need to teach them that we are all equal, and we need to teach them about the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and about the Civil Rights Act of 1968, people marched, and fought, and died, for our Fair Rights Acts.

The USA has to all be equal. And I do not have an ethnic team to join, I am just an old White guy, they are making me feel alone and isolated in my own country. I was homeless for 2 years and no one helped me. I finally ended up in the hospital before they put me in housing and helped me. It is hard being poor and alone in the USA and they think that the White men have it so easy. And I am friends with the Mexicans here, and I want for us all to be equal, and I love the Italians, and the Jews, I just want for everyone in the USA to be equal. My family has been in the USA for hundreds of years and I want to feel like this is my home and like the people here are my people. If the people here in the USA are not my people then I do not have anyone, I am just an old White American. ( Meanwhile, I love the Europeans, and I may end up moving to live in Italy. )

It is sad that I have to go do a DNA test to find out who my people are. My people should be all Americans, with brotherhood from sea to shining sea.

Salute,

Tony V.

Not to worry, everyone in America is equal...under the law.
Equal justice though seems to depend on how rich you are.
No money for the best lawyers...a person is wise to obey all laws, all the time, everywhere.

Equality in everything else seems to be a bit of a lottery.
Mrs bambu is of the absolute opinion that blondes/tall, leggy, busty, blondes are at the top of the equality tree...and short brunettes, busty or not, are at the bottom of it.

Men in particular seem to be judged/desired as lovers, friends, etc by the cars they drive, jobs and amount of money they have. Tall, dark and handsome preferred.

Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 27, 2022, 08:18:42 PM »

As the refugees come to our Southern Border for help, then we need to help the people. We can help the people by putting them all to work, we can create jobs for the people building high speed trains, and water systems including aqueducts and new dams, etc. The refugees can also help by planting orange trees here in California and we can send orange juice to the UNICEF refugee camps. Refugees can also pick strawberries, etc, and they can work on farms helping to make cheese, etc. Instead of building walls then we instead need to bring the people in and give them good honest jobs. And the refugees can safely ride on Greyhound buses and they do not need to travel in a dangerous fashion, the Greyhound buses are nice and safe. We also need to build housing for the homeless, so we can put the refugees to work with Habitat for Humanity, and the refugees can also join the United Farm Workers, etc.

We need to help our refugees on our Southern Border.

Also, the Mexicans can drive trucks, and they can bring goods up to the USA from ports in Mexico. People in Kentucky can get goods from Mexican ports delivered by Mexican truck drivers, the Mexicans can help to make sure that the good people of Kentucky have food and supplies on the shelves of their stores.

We have lots of jobs that the refugees can be doing instead of being stuck in refugee camps. We need to free the refugees and we need to help them to go to work. Food Insecurity and Global Warming are two big issues that the refugees can help us to solve, the refugees can help to grow food, and the refugees can help to build high speed trains and subways, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Indeed.
However, there is a limit to new jobs that can be created, and there's only so much land (which China is being allowed to buy up at express pace) ... "ownership is not 'investment', ownership is 'ownership' - no 1 radio host.

The pie in America is only so big.  An uncapped flood of refugees and immigrants pouring in, just for the sake of the govt's appearing to be generous, means there are less slices of the pie for existing Americans.
You, Tony, are an "existing American".
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 27, 2022, 09:21:08 PM »

It must come from living in a shit country where all you mud huggers have to cling to the coasts. You have a stupidly skewed and paranoid concept about resources, abundance, scarcity, and carrying capacity.

Here in the US we can absorb a lot more folks and manage our land and resources so they all have an opportunity to live abundant free lives.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 27, 2022, 09:31:47 PM »

Sometimes I feel like I am insignificant, and like my ideas do not matter, but at the same time I have eaten dinner with Mayors here in Orange County on several occasions, and I was able to help on the issues of homelessness and mental illness, and I had friends who were the best people may they rest in peace ( I hate that we get old and die, I miss my friends. ) Anyhow, I have dined with the leaders and I was able to share my ideas with them, and to them my ideas mattered. I get depressed if I focus on my own life, depression is the deepest form of self centeredness. When we get depressed we need to get outside of ourselves and we need to go help other people. We need to find those who are suffering and we need to bring them aid. As we help the people in need then it heals us as we get outside of ourselves and help others.

( Of note, I enjoy helping the poor, and I love helping the poor people in Mexico, and instead of building walls I want for us to work together as a team with the Mexicans and to help Mexico. And Elvis made a film in Acapulco. We need to work together with Mexico as a team. ) ( Jeb Bush met his wife while helping to build an orphanage in Mexico, Jeb is a cool guy. )

Salute,

Tony V.

Ah yes, 'insignificant'.
Worry not, Tony...'significant' is way overrated.

I love being 'insignificant'...'invisible'. I love being 'comfortable'. 'Comfortable' should never be underestimated.
I am quiet, softly spoken. Walk slowly, talk slowly, drive slowly, think slowly and carefully.
No way would I have been walking around in the crater of that supposedly kind of extinct volcano in NZ that erupted all over the tourists recently.

Tony, you had dinner with the mayors and contributed. An achievement.
I have never dined with a mayor.

Nothing more insignificant today than 'Old people'.
Seems to be that most 'Young people' today think that 'Old people' today are 'worthless', a nuisance, that the sooner they die and leave their money/assets behind the better.

Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: August 27, 2022, 09:56:45 PM »

It must come from living in a shit country where all you mud huggers have to cling to the coasts. You have a stupidly skewed and paranoid concept about resources, abundance, scarcity, and carrying capacity.

Here in the US we can absorb a lot more folks and manage our land and resources so they all have an opportunity to live abundant free lives.

Really?
Because looking in, watching YouTube videos, reading, it appears that the US is full.
The streets of LA, Seattle, etc are sewers, with 'existing Americans' there living and dying in putrid squalor.
People are starving in Kansas and no doubt elsewhere, and the leftist ideal is to flood the country with an "open borders" unbridled number of refugees and immigrants.
It won't be your land much longer, once China owns it.

61% of the land in bambuland, including some of the coastline is now owned by Indigenous communities...in some/many they're reportedly issuIng passports and visas.
The woke darlings will get a shock one day when they awake from their slumber.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 09:58:18 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 27, 2022, 10:14:01 PM »

Bambu, I read that you are getting nukes, we are sending Australia nuke armed subs, and new stealth bombers armed with nukes. So, Australia has nukes now.

And one thing that I always loved about the Native American Indians is that they respect their elders, and the elders lead all of the councils, the elders are their leaders.

You and I, Bambu, are elders. We are the wise men who need to guide the youth.

That is one thing about acting and filmmaking and producing, we get to help to guide the youth. You Bambu would make a great Studio Executive, they have to think like Bankers.

Meanwhile, we need to remember that the USA was built on the foundation provided by Athens, and Rome, and we need to progress in that direction. And we need to build more colleges, including building new schools in the South Side of Chicago, and in Detroit.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 10:20:20 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 27, 2022, 10:25:09 PM »

Bambu, we have lots of wide open land in Nevada. Battle Mountain, Nevada, has wide open land for $1,000 per acre.

Reno, and Lake Tahoe, also have wide open land at good prices.

There is also Merced, California, which has good land at cheap prices, and also Bakersfield, California. California City is a good spot with a golf course for old people of retirement age.

Vegas is also cheap and fast growing, the new refugees love Vegas.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 27, 2022, 11:13:48 PM »

Bambu, we have lots of wide open land in Nevada. Battle Mountain, Nevada, has wide open land for $1,000 per acre.

Reno, and Lake Tahoe, also have wide open land at good prices.

There is also Merced, California, which has good land at cheap prices, and also Bakersfield, California. California City is a good spot with a golf course for old people of retirement age.

Vegas is also cheap and fast growing, the new refugees love Vegas.

Salute,

Tony V.

Trouble is, most immigrants and refugees want to live in the already-crowded cities, where the jobs and apartments are.

Some in bambuland suggested special deals for immigrants, where they would be let in if they agreed to live and work in rural areas for a specified number of years.
Sounded good, but how do you ensure they stay there...microchip them?

The youth don't seem to want to listen to "old people"...so they'll just have to work it out themselves.

Don't think I'd be suited to running a movie studio...I've run up 'too much' debt on my credit card...oops. :)

Nukes for bambuland...Yippee!
Now we'll have something to fight with when China invades.
Aussie might not win the invasion war, but we'll sure make a mess of China in the process.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 11:20:53 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: August 28, 2022, 08:43:45 AM »

Really?
Because looking in, watching YouTube videos, reading, it appears that the US is full.
The streets of LA, Seattle, etc are sewers, with 'existing Americans' there living and dying in putrid squalor.
People are starving in Kansas and no doubt elsewhere, and the leftist ideal is to flood the country with an "open borders" unbridled number of refugees and immigrants.
It won't be your land much longer, once China owns it.

61% of the land in bambuland, including some of the coastline is now owned by Indigenous communities...in some/many they're reportedly issuIng passports and visas.
The woke darlings will get a shock one day when they awake from their slumber.
You know literally nothing about the US, Kansas or liberal immigration policies. Go fuck a wallaby you fool.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 567