Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119319 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #1111 on: September 09, 2022, 08:55:42 PM »

Northern Ireland can be part of Ireland when the people of Northern Ireland wish it to be..so said the Queen.

Northern Ireland...the Orange and the Green.
The Protestants and the Catholics.

Ireland...Catholic..aligned with Rome.
Britain...Protestant...Protestant Monarch.

Back in the day, 1688, there was the Battle of The Boyne...when William Prince of Orange came over from Holland and kicked the Catholic-aligned King James out.

There is a song on You Tube.."The Battle of the Boyne, Ulster Loyalist song."

Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: September 09, 2022, 08:57:50 PM »

Y'all should love King Charles 111, he's an avid "climate change emergency" guy.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: September 09, 2022, 11:58:58 PM »

From the market to monarchies, everyone but fossils is onboard. People get the feels about the livability of the planet.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: September 10, 2022, 12:20:49 AM »

Y'all should love King Charles 111, he's an avid "climate change emergency" guy.
Not any more

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: September 10, 2022, 02:56:06 AM »

Not any more

Maybe he's seen the light, that 'gradual transition' to renewables/electric vehicles is the way to go.
Lots of people in Britain. Not all are rich.
Lots of chimneys, methinks the People won't be too impressed with the new King if they're sitting up in the dark and freezing.

Britain, not quite sure who exactly, criticised bambuworld for its lack of progress on renewables/electric vehicles etc.
Those critics do not understand...bambuworld is not Britain-world. bambuworld is nearly the size of mainland America.
Australia is about 32 times bigger than the UK..and has about 1/3 of the population of the UK.

One of the favourite hobbies of bambulanders, ...'grey nomads', young families, couples is to hitch up the caravan/travel trailer to the tow vehicle and go 'Waltzing Matilda' in comfort...weekends, vacations, and permanently...many now on YouTube showing how and telling all.

Tow vehicle:

Caravans/travel trailers...now luxurious, and weigh 3ton, 3.5 ton, 4 ton.
Tow vehicles...mostly 2.8L, 3.0L, turbo diesel 4cyl 'dual cab utes/pick ups' with 'tradie' canopies on the back.

Say AUS$60,000 for the ute to pull the caravan.
No such vehicles are made in Australia.
The only towing capable electric ones are in America. US$60,000 +. That's about AUS$90,000. But they're left hand drive. By the time they're brought here and changed to right hand drive, the price then jumps to about AUS$170,000...and the batteries weigh one ton! The US pick ups are about 3'3" [one metre] longer wheel base. Only travel about 100 miles before they need recharging.

Should be interesting watching new bambuland PM "Albo" and local and foreign "electric vehicles now" folk telling the 'grey nomads/van lifers' they can't go Waltzing Matilda in their rigs out to "dingo p.ss creek" and beyond...living the dream.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: September 10, 2022, 03:25:58 AM »

The Chinese will make something perfect for your market. It should be available over the next couple of years.

They are currently focused on gaining shares in the American and European markets as well as in Asia itself.

They are cutting the balls of the Koreans, Germans, Japanese, and Americans who each have more lineage and prestige in the field.

Moores Law is effecting both batteries and motors to the consumers advantage.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Holly Martins

« Reply #1117 on: September 10, 2022, 11:48:44 AM »

Towing heavy trailers likely will be more workable with fuel cell vehicles or hydrogen based IC engines.  And Oz might need, due to its huge land area and relatively sparse population, mass transit options. Each country will have its own optimal mix.  And yes, getting to camp at Dingo Piss Creek might be more expensive in a world where carbon costs are passed directly to consumer.  Maybe big backpacks and walkabouts will be more the trend.  Or biking or e-biking out to small cabins set up for everything from primitive to glamping. People need to be positive in their attitudes about how to recreate without pumping out lots of CO2. 

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: September 10, 2022, 02:59:50 PM »

Wendy Carrillo in Los Angeles is working together with Homeboy Industries to introduce at risk youth to the opportunities created in the Entertainment Industry, and to entry level openings as Production Assistants.

https://deadline.com/2022/09/nbcuniversal-to-offer-production-assistant-workshop-with-assemblywoman-wendy-carrillo-homeboy-industries-1235113618/

Universal is owned by a company in Pennsylvania now, it is American owned again, when I worked at Universal it was owned by the Japanese and it was not so good, they wanted hard work for low pay when I worked there, but it is better now that Americans own the company. The Entertainment Industry is a good industry with good high paying jobs that people can use to buy a home and raise a family, and thanks to Unions people are paid well and are treated well, and there is health care, and also retirement benefits. ( I was told that the Soap Opera "The Young and the Restless" pays new young actors $30,000 per week, and it goes up from there. )

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: September 10, 2022, 03:08:03 PM »

I guess Universal is owned by Comcast and their headquarters are in New York City...

https://www.nbcuniversal.com/about

I worked at Universal in 1995 and it was owned by the Japanese, I worked hard for low pay, minimum wage. The Japanese work themselves to death for low pay. It is much better to work for an American company.

I am happy that Universal is American owned now.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: September 10, 2022, 03:45:20 PM »

It is important for us to have a community and good jobs here that we can all be a part of.

We need to teach the Youth that if they are honest, and if they work hard, then they can have a great job, and a nice car, and a nice house, and a beautiful wife, and they can travel, etc, the Youth can have great lives if they remain honest.

My family has successful people, and some of my family members were criminals who did prison time. So, I was able to see how they lived, and I could compare and contrast. And I liked the lives that the honest people lived better than the lives that the criminals lived. The criminals had horrible lives. I saw the rewards of staying honest, and going to college, and working hard.

So, we need for the Youth to see what I saw. They need to see how the prison life is, compared to having a good honest life and a good job. I saw all of that when I was young. My record is clean, and I never committed any crimes, I went to school, and I tried to work hard until I could no longer work. The economy went to shit, and all of the jobs left, and we have 60,000 homeless people on the streets of Los Angeles, I became one of the homeless people. I was homeless for 2 years. Then I had a nervous breakdown. Finally I got help and they put me in a group home ran by my dearly departed friend Lisa. But, my record is still clean, I was never a criminal.

The Youth need to see what I saw. We need to show the Youth how the criminals live, and then show them how the successful people live, and the Youth are going to choose to stay honest. And we need for there to be a good honest community of good citizens for the Youth to join together with.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 04:12:08 PM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: September 10, 2022, 03:53:35 PM »

Towing heavy trailers likely will be more workable with fuel cell vehicles or hydrogen based IC engines.  And Oz might need, due to its huge land area and relatively sparse population, mass transit options. Each country will have its own optimal mix.  And yes, getting to camp at Dingo Piss Creek might be more expensive in a world where carbon costs are passed directly to consumer.  Maybe big backpacks and walkabouts will be more the trend.  Or biking or e-biking out to small cabins set up for everything from primitive to glamping. People need to be positive in their attitudes about how to recreate without pumping out lots of CO2.

People are already starting to tackle this challenge from another angle.

http://youtu.be/4vHuldVlpFA

That is with the currently available crap batteries.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: September 10, 2022, 04:17:38 PM »

Electric motors have a lot of torque, and they use electric motors to power our current trains, the diesel engines power generators which power electric motors to run the trains. And we have electric trash trucks, and electric buses, I think they will be able to invent good electric trucks for Australia, and vehicles to pull trailers.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1123 on: September 10, 2022, 04:39:43 PM »

Should be interesting watching new bambuland PM "Albo" and local and foreign "electric vehicles now" folk telling the 'grey nomads/van lifers' they can't go Waltzing Matilda in their rigs out to "dingo p.ss creek" and beyond...living the dream.

Hey get yourself a couple of equines and Glamorous away!

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: September 10, 2022, 05:13:19 PM »

Also as we give the Youth incentives to lead honest lives....

We can also teach the Youth about opportunities at China Lake, and at NASA, etc, and about jobs building top secret aircraft in the desert. If the Youth remain honest then they can work at some great jobs. The Youth need to keep their records clean so that they can get their Security Clearances. They are not going to give you a Security Clearance if you have a criminal record.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 566