Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119334 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #1215 on: September 16, 2022, 10:23:42 AM »

So where do these 50 immigrants end up? Streets of Boston? 
Or next to Charlie on the MTA, The Gang Who Wouldn t Return!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1216 on: September 16, 2022, 10:54:02 AM »

« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 12:29:38 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: September 16, 2022, 11:08:45 AM »

911 call from Chappaquiddick

Help!  there is brown skinned man in my gated community and he is not carrying a leaf blower!
I am scared!

LOL!
The reality:

https://vineyardgazette.com/news/2022/09/15/vineyard-community-rallies-relief-efforts-assist-stranded-migrants
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: September 16, 2022, 11:09:38 AM »

So where do these 50 immigrants end up? Streets of Boston?  If providedd housing, how many will work steady and immediately?  Curious in this and  similar cases.  For if even 10 per cent are not, arent we just contributing to the welfare state (nation)?
The do not get welfare.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: September 16, 2022, 11:21:41 AM »

Help!  there is brown skinned man in my gated community and he is not carrying a leaf blower!
I am scared!

LOL!
The reality:

https://vineyardgazette.com/news/2022/09/15/vineyard-community-rallies-relief-efforts-assist-stranded-migrants
Reality? From the official propaganda sheet of the rich elitist neighbors of Obama?
Or the words of Jean Pierre and Kamala Harris
The BorderIs Closed!

LOL!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: September 16, 2022, 11:35:24 AM »

I am scared!

LOL!
The reality:

Reality? From the official propaganda sheet of the rich elitist neighbors of Obama?
The BorderIs Closed!

LOL!
Of course you cannot post any contrary facts because you have none.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: September 16, 2022, 11:47:19 AM »

Quote from: bambu. link=topic=223.msg218076#msg218076

The best thing to do is allow "good people" immigrants in, and keep "bad people" immigrants out.
This can easily be done by having "closed borders" and an orderly and thorough immigration system.
Some prospective immigrants are lovely people who will be an asset to America.
Other prospective immigrants are horrible people who will be nothing but a serious menace to America.

You have convinced me. I am starting a petition for a total ban on Australians, very clearly bad people immigrants to a man.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: September 16, 2022, 11:49:36 AM »

I am scared!

LOL!
The reality:

The BorderIs Closed!

LOL!
Of course you cannot post any contrary facts because you have none.
Just 1.5 million or so documented at the (closed) Border.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: September 16, 2022, 12:18:23 PM »

Would make more sense to move migrants to states/regions where agriculture predominates and there are usually abundant unskilled labor jobs which are hard to fill with native citizens.  (yes, obviously the Martha dump is a political stunt by DeSatan, who doesn't mind using human beings as pawns in his Far Right Frat Boy pranks)  But no one dare does that, because it would validate the value of all those immigrants with strong work ethics and willingness to grab the bottom rung.  As always, chaos is the point. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1224 on: September 16, 2022, 12:32:28 PM »

I am scared!

LOL!
The reality:

The BorderIs Closed!

LOL!

Have you ever been to MV?

https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/22627047/marthas-vineyard-black-tourism-oak-bluffs-inkwell
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: September 16, 2022, 12:49:47 PM »

Would make more sense to move migrants to states/regions where agriculture predominates and there are usually abundant unskilled labor jobs which are hard to fill with native citizens.  (yes, obviously the Martha dump is a political stunt by DeSatan, who doesn't mind using human beings as pawns in his Far Right Frat Boy pranks)  But no one dare does that, because it would validate the value of all those immigrants with strong work ethics and willingness to grab the bottom rung.  As always, chaos is the point.
Martha s Vineyard has styled itself as a sanctuary destinationthat welcomes migrants  a position it took early in former President Donald Trump s administration.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 12:51:40 PM by Espnthree »

Holly Martins

« Reply #1226 on: September 16, 2022, 01:07:16 PM »

Still a frat boy prank.  An island with a population that peaks at 15,000 and mostly needs counter help and waiters with fluent English is not going to be able to achieve placement for a lot of migrants.  Boston would have been the more logical destination, if this were simply about humanitarian help on DeSatan's part and getting them to a spot where a larger social service team could find placements.  Omaha or Des Moines or Kansas City would have made even more sense, in terms of matching skills with jobs, but this isn't about making sense or efficiently providing help.

Holly Martins

« Reply #1227 on: September 16, 2022, 01:08:52 PM »

https://archive.ph/Rz1Q2

David Brooks is sometimes an alert voice of reason.

The net effect of these strategies has been to sell a lot of books and subscriptions and to make anti-Trumpists feel good. But this entire barrage of invective has not discredited Trump among the people who will very likely play the most determinant role....

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: September 16, 2022, 01:19:51 PM »

Martha s Vineyard has styled itself as a sanctuary destinationthat welcomes migrants  a position it took early in former President Donald Trump s administration.
And they are living up to it with their welcoming hearts. Which you cannot stand.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1229 on: September 16, 2022, 01:21:11 PM »

And they took these folks in without reservation.

The folks were relocated to a Cape Cod military facility with $50 cash cards.

The stunt backfired. The nation saw the migrants received with support and empathy and they saw DeSantis and Abbott looking like a bunch of dicks at a frat part.

Would have been a different story if they sent the migrants before Labor Day when the summer industry shuts down.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 566