Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119470 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #1275 on: September 18, 2022, 09:49:28 PM »

Speaking of detainees, the WH made a bit of a SHOUT of it when they were getting involved in talks to get Ms Griner released.

Havent heaard BOO since.
Met with the family this weekend. Not Boden's fault you do not pay attention.

With the families..... yep     
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: September 18, 2022, 10:08:48 PM »

Mel broke the rule.
The "Never discuss sex, religion, or politics in public" rule, and paid the price.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 10:22:11 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: September 18, 2022, 10:49:02 PM »

Too late today, my phone shows the time in US mainland to be anywhere from 7.38pm to 10.38pm.

So, tomorrow when y'all get home from work, pretend you are living in no electricity and no gas Britain, because your income is not enough to pay the energy bills.

NO switching on the lights in your homes, no using anything that plugs into a power point...including phone chargers, ...no having a hot shower.
Call into Wal-Mart on the way home and buy some battery operated candles.
NO using the stove.

That's what It's like for old people, single people living alone who can't pay the astronomical power and gas bills driven by the cost of renewables.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: September 18, 2022, 10:54:05 PM »

Speaking of detainees, the WH made a bit of a SHOUT of it when they were getting involved in talks to get Ms Griner released.

Havent heaard BOO since.

You have the attention span, higher order thinking, and world knowledge of a typical five year old.

You should never be picking anyones leader.

You can barely be trusted to pick your own nose.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1279 on: September 18, 2022, 11:36:48 PM »

Havent heaard BOO since.
Met with the family this weekend. Not Boden's fault you do not pay attention.

With the families..... yep   

Too bad you are so uninformed

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/13/politics/bill-richardson-new-mexico-governor-moscow/index.html
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: September 18, 2022, 11:43:17 PM »

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vendetta

If anyone kills me, then they will be killed by La Fabrica, there will be a Vendetta, La Fabrica will not let anyone kill me while I am living on their turf. I am protected while I live on La Fabrica turf in the City of Anaheim.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: September 19, 2022, 12:32:56 AM »

Sunscreen, Tony. Do not forget to use sunscreen.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: September 19, 2022, 01:55:13 PM »

Pay site
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Espnthree

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: September 19, 2022, 02:23:07 PM »

That will be your best choice in all races this cycle. Make sure your friends abstain as well if you have any.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1286 on: September 19, 2022, 03:14:14 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: September 19, 2022, 04:11:19 PM »

(Good) News Item

A federal appeals court upheld a Texas law on Friday that seeks to curb censorship by social media platforms. The ruling, a major victory for Republicans who charge companies like Twitter and Facebook are limiting free speech, is a step in a major legal battle that could end up at the Supreme Court.

In his opinion, Federal Judge Andrew S. Oldham of the Fifth Circuit said the platforms argued for a rather odd inversion of the First Amendment that  buried somewhere in the enumerated right to free speech lies a corporation s unenumerated right to muzzle free speech. Today we reject the idea that corporations have a freewheeling First Amendment right to censor what people say.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: September 19, 2022, 04:13:31 PM »

Sunscreen, Tony. Do not forget to use sunscreen.

This place is a total dichotomy, we have had murders on the streets, and yet we are a resort where we are reminded to wear sunscreen.

We have had corruption, and murders on the streets, times have been crazy.

I have a friend from New York, and she said they had their own gang for protection, and their community all pitched in money to send local people to Medical School so that they could have community doctors, etc. Instead of going without doctors, they worked together to send people to Medical School so that they could have doctors. Certainly the Government helped with whatever they could, but the people were able to come to their own aid by working together as a community.

Here in Anaheim we need to clean up the corruption, and we need to buy the Angels. And there are many ways that we can help the homeless, as we also help the refugees and immigrants. And we can have Wellness Centers. And we have UCI Medical School.

The Local gang is La Fabrica, and they have been here for hundreds of years. They have been here working growing strawberries, and growing oranges, etc. If you need workers, I can send you however many workers you need, I just tell my Buddy, and he calls a town in Mexico, and they will send you however many workers you need. If you need people to pick your avocados, or oranges, or strawberries. They are The Factory. And the women know how to make their own dresses, etc. Anyhow, the local gang is La Fabrica, and they are well known.

I met a guy in Hollywood, he was dating the niece of Federico Fellini, and he was in a famous New York protection gang named "The Gentlemen" and he had a cane and a top hat tattooed on his arm to represent The Gentlemen gang that he was in. That is sort of like La Fabrica, but La Fabrica helps immigrants, and they help the neighborhood, and they help each other in prison, and they help each other to get jobs, etc.

In Santa Ana the gang is " F Troop " and they own some of the local businesses, and they are involved in a lot of stuff. As Hillary Clinton rightfully stated that we can work together with the Youth to have good Youth instead of neglecting the Youth and having bad Youth. If you teach the Youth how to run honest businesses and if you hook them up with the SBA and Business Loans, etc, then you will have healthier Youth. Also, they are teaching the youth Boxing, and Soccer, etc. Teach the Youth, and keep them away from the illegal drugs and keep them away from the crime.

And I would love if we could organize and start busing the homeless people and refugees and immigrants to Merced, and to Napa, here in California, and also to Battle Mountain in Nevada. It would be great if people could organize it and get it done. And if the Governors want to send buses of people to someplace, then they need to send the people to Merced, and to Napa, and to Battle Mountain, etc. And we need to send the people building materials so that they can build housing, etc.

Anyhow, this is a resort, but we also have the whole world fighting for dominance and control here. And I just want for the people to have good safe lives and opportunities.

And my Mother sent me a ton of sunscreen, people are dying on the street, but I have sunscreen. If only we can reach our potential here instead of having the idiots killing people.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1289 on: September 19, 2022, 05:03:31 PM »

(Good) News Item

A federal appeals court upheld a Texas law on Friday that seeks to curb censorship by social media platforms. The ruling, a major victory for Republicans who charge companies like Twitter and Facebook are limiting free speech, is a step in a major legal battle that could end up at the Supreme Court.

In his opinion, Federal Judge Andrew S. Oldham of the Fifth Circuit said the platforms argued for a rather odd inversion of the First Amendment that  buried somewhere in the enumerated right to free speech lies a corporation s unenumerated right to muzzle free speech. Today we reject the idea that corporations have a freewheeling First Amendment right to censor what people say.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 567