Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119321 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: News in General
« Reply #1335 on: September 23, 2022, 05:37:18 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: September 23, 2022, 07:27:12 PM »

PETA calls for meat-eating men to be banned from sex.

German division claims eating sausages and schnitzel is a symptom of "toxic masculinity" and has urged women to go on a sex strike to "save the world".
Well there you go.
There would be benefits:
. Need for abortions would decrease.
. World population would decrease.
. Would help solve the shortage of nurses.
. Fewer baby formula wars in supermarkets etc.
. Reality show "One Born Every Minute" would become "One Born Every Now And Again".
. More room on freeways.

Barns would be busier at midnight, with meat-eating men joining the Christian men in secret.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 07:38:35 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: September 23, 2022, 08:34:24 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: September 23, 2022, 09:00:57 PM »

Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: September 23, 2022, 09:44:50 PM »

I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: September 23, 2022, 10:13:31 PM »

Heh

Is there no end with white people descriminating against these minorities?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/23/business/mcdonalds-byron-allen-lawsuit/index.html
The basis of the frivolous lawsuit boils down to Byron Allen and his assertion
McDonalds  takes billions from African American consumers and gives almost nothing back.

LOL

What he means is McDonalds gives consumers what they ask for but does not cut him in.
Because it does not need him to sell hamburgers to anyone.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: September 24, 2022, 10:25:41 AM »

Mickey D's attorney was Obama's AG.  And briefly famous for the Phoenix tarmac Nothing Burger.  Ha.

Don't fully understand the lawsuit, or how one determines discrimination in a company choice of where to advertise. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: September 24, 2022, 03:36:31 PM »

Father Greg Boyle of Homeboy Industries was on television this morning, he did a half hour interview with Frank Buckley. Father Greg is so good, and he knows that we cannot solve the gang problems with Police and Prisons, just as we cannot solve the crime problem with Police and Prisons. We have to deal with the issues that are causing the problems.

One issue is that these boys are being raised without fathers, we need for good honest men to get involved with the lives of the youth, such as with the Big Brother program, etc. And with sports the coaches are father figures. And we need to make our youth feel safe, and we need to stop people from coming in from outside areas and killing our people. One reason for the gangs is protection, and people know that there will be retaliation if they kill someone. Cops can help with law enforcement, and with capturing criminals who commit murders, and in that way the police help, we need justice for all, and then the gang does not have to administrate justice, justice can come from the cops and the prisons, etc, instead of from gangs.

But we must not neglect the youth. And I support after school programs, and libraries, and parks. And the Cub Scouts, and other programs.

For the Youth who want to go from gangs to a good honest life then Father Greg Boyle and Homeboy Industries will help the Youth. And the Youth can help to build housing for the homeless people.

Father Boyle is a great man.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 03:42:38 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: September 24, 2022, 04:13:47 PM »

Also of note, is that if you teach the youth how to make money honestly, then they will not have to commit crimes in order to make money.

I had a professor in community college who went to Compton and he helped the poor young Black men in Compton to create a business plan and to get a small business loan from the SBA, and then he guided and acted as a consultant for the youth as they became successful, and then they all took a trip to Africa together to celebrate their success. Honest business is fun, and you can travel around the world with the money that you make, when you go out and earn honest money then you can spend your money however you want to. For them going to Africa to enjoy the fruit of their wealth was part of the lesson.

And in Santa Ana there are programs to help the Youth to learn how to run an honest business, and one gang, F Troop, owns honest businesses and creates honest jobs for the guys. The guys need to learn how to make honest money and they need honest opportunities.

And we need to build schools, and libraries, in our ghettos, and nice parks, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 04:19:29 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: September 25, 2022, 02:54:29 PM »

As we choose leaders, let us choose the ones who studied, and trained, and who prepared, instead of just people who are famous and rich.

One example of a great leader who studied and prepared was my dearly departed friend Rose's cousin Gloria Arroyo who was President of the Philippines, Gloria trained and prepared and studied before she became President of the Philippines. Gloria studied economics, etc, and attended Georgetown University here in the USA. Gloria studied, and trained, and prepared.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloria_Macapagal_Arroyo

But with Manny the Pac Man, he is a great Boxer, but he is just famous from being a Boxer, and he did not study and train and prepare to be President of the Philippines. Manny did not prepare to be President like Gloria did.

We need to be careful electing people who are just rich and famous, instead of electing people who actually studied to be leaders and who studied economics and sociology, etc.

The President of Colombia attended Harvard, and he is doing a great job, he trained and prepared.

Here in California we have Sabrina Cervantes who is a rising star in California politics, and she studied and trained, and prepared, and she is working her way up in politics.

We need to elect people who are prepared and who trained and studied, instead of just electing people who are rich and famous.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: September 25, 2022, 05:20:33 PM »

...But, while unattractive, that is not even close to the legislation s most consequential element; the fact that the bill would ease construction of power lines is. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/09/25/joe-manchin-big-oil-side-spending-deal-democrats/

A Green grid will need more/better power lines.  That's the important part of Joe M's side deal. 

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: September 25, 2022, 05:26:33 PM »

Just saw new MARINES ad featuring skinny female sort.

What a joke!
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1347 on: September 25, 2022, 06:31:47 PM »

Just saw new MARINES ad featuring skinny female sort.

What a joke!

A joke? Tell that to the women of the IDF

My next door neighbor is a grandmother and a Marine.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: September 25, 2022, 07:34:23 PM »

I had neighbors who were the wives and families of Marines in service, the women trusted me and they felt safe to party with me, we had barbecues and we made margaritas, etc. While the men were in Iraq and in Afghanistan their wives were partying with me in the desert. But I was cool, I never laid a hand on any of the wives, I watched over them like a free body guard, and I cooked for them, and made them margaritas. Etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: September 25, 2022, 07:40:42 PM »

My friend Tom was a Combat Medic, he served in war, but mostly he served as a doctor in Pennsylvania for the Military. He retired, and then he managed homeless shelters in Orange County. He also ran work crews selling hot dogs and beer at sporting events and at concerts, etc, for charity, they raised over one million dollars for charity to feed people. Tom spent his whole life doing charity work. He was a brave doctor who served in war.

The Combat Medics make the best guys to run the homeless shelters.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 07:44:45 PM by FlyingVProd »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 566