Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119434 times)

Holly Martins

Re: News in General
« Reply #1470 on: October 04, 2022, 05:43:33 PM »

Straw man.  California can flex during heat and drouth because investment in wind and solar provides more power when hydro is dropping.  And it still has extensive NG plants because it's understood that 100% renewables is still a ways off.  Same with nukes, like Diablo Canyon, which still is in good repair and can also be a bridge. 

The way RW fossil fuel boosters attack renewables is by distorting the opposing perspective into a caricature.  (Added in case some readers don't know what a straw man argument is). If they'd stop using their heads as ass corks, they would strive for more investment in storage tech and renewables and work WITH green energy.  Most renewables supporters are like me, amd recognize that the transition will require some years of NG, and nuclear.  France is a good example -- excellent stewardship of their nuke plants.  And fossil fuel fans always forget the third leg of that stool: better insulated homes, more efficient appliances, zone heating etc.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: October 04, 2022, 06:57:44 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: October 04, 2022, 08:09:45 PM »

One doesn't have to be Einstein to understand that closing down existing coal-fired, gas-fired, and nuke-fired power stations before alternative renewables are 100% up and running successfully and covering all weather events with ease...is "mad monk" stuff...sheer folly.
Like when the sun doesn't shine and the wind doesn't blow, for example.
Like when the renewables are so expensive that average Joe, and less than average Joe (ME!) can't afford them.
Looks like it's back to horse, horse and coach, and camel for team bambu.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 12:35:47 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1473 on: October 04, 2022, 08:13:12 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: October 04, 2022, 11:20:25 PM »

I have never thought of it like that.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: October 05, 2022, 12:42:45 AM »

One doesn't have to be Einstein to understand that closing down existing coal-fired, gas-fired, and nuke-fired power stations before alternative renewables are 100% up and running successfully and covering all weather events with ease...is "mad monk" stuff...sheer folly.

One just has to be an irredeemable fucking idiot.

I am sure that is why it makes sense in that rats nest you wear as a head.

Relatively complete humans do not understand or believe anything of the sort, but they all have better sources of information so it only stands to reason that they are far better informed than you are on this and most every matter.

Stick to posting about life in your retirement gulag in Malaproria or wherever the fuck you live.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: October 05, 2022, 12:56:34 AM »

BIG rape trial in bambuworld...jury of 16, 10 women and 6 men.
Charming...the world we live in today.
Nothing like equality!
BIG trial, alleged rape in the parliament building, in the former Defence Minister's Office early am, two staffers went there after a night of drinking.
She didn't report the alleged rape, didn't visit a doctor/hospital, didn't take morning after
pill.
...according to the media.
You'd hope the alleged rapist gets a fair trial, and doesn't get nailed to the cross of injustice to satisfy those wanting change in the parliamentary workplace as regards sexual harassment etc.
Lord only knows how the alleged rapist gets a fair trial seeing as how the woman has been *paraded* very publically around society as "rape victim xxxxxxx".

ScoMo and former govt Ministers likely called as witnesses.
Mike Pence's "Never be alone in the company of a woman (who is not your wife)" policy is the best ever."
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 01:03:30 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: October 05, 2022, 02:03:23 AM »

The whole Aussie conservative hierarchy should get locked up as accessories. A little time in a hinterland work camp should help them develop the good Christian values Scummo flunkies pretend to have but never follow.

Of course Scummo led a rapey government. It is exactly what you get from every right wing government the whole world over.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: October 05, 2022, 04:05:07 AM »

The whole Aussie conservative hierarchy should get locked up as accessories. A little time in a hinterland work camp should help them develop the good Christian values Scummo flunkies pretend to have but never follow.

Of course Scummo led a rapey government. It is exactly what you get from every right wing government the whole world over.

ScoMo was 'johnny come lately'...been there for '5 minutes in history'...but of course everything was his fault...the drought, the fires, the floods, the culture in Parliament House, Covid, everything that was wrong with the nation, basically. LOL

Of course no blame whatsoever was attributed to Leftist govts led by Mr Rudd, Ms Gillard [she's the one who addressed the US Congress], then Mr Rudd again [he was elected PM in 2007 "Keven 07" T shirts, he opened the asylum-seeker floodgates saying the Right's policies were "racist and too harsh"...his popularity tanked and the leftist Labor Party replaced him with her before the 2010 election.
She promised "there will be no carbon tax under the govt I lead"...then after elected she tried to introduce a carbon tax in coalition with the Greens.
She didn't like the heat that came to her, started going on 'misogynist' rants, and 'men in blue suits' rants...then a 'handbag hit squad' of like minded female leftist politicians joined her.
She tanked in the polls, and the leftist Labor Party replaced her with Mr Rudd. He verbally abused an RAAF female who brought his meal on a plane, meal not hot or satisfactory he said...uproar!
He threw a tantrum in Iraq [war] because there was no hairdryer for him.
It was revealed that he often used 'robust language' to staff, limo drivers etc.
He lost the 2013 election to right wing "The Monk" Tony Abbott..."tow back the boats Tony".

What did Mr Rudd and Ms Gillard actually DO about the culture in Parliament House from 2007 to 2013?
Yes exactly.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 04:07:31 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: October 05, 2022, 04:11:22 AM »

Andrew Thorburn resigns as Essendon CEO after one day over links to controversial church. Andrew Thorburn has resigned as Essendon chief executive 24 hours after being appointed because his links to a church condemning homosexuality and abortion were in "direct contradiction" to the values of the AFL club.

#####

Leave out the "homosexuality", and I wonder if you get moved on, basically,... for the 'abortion' bit.

Yes, Christians everywhere are under attack and hate today, whether or not they belong to a controversial church, or any church.
People assume things.

Wouldn't surprise me that if you condemn abortion, the only job you'll get is no job...such is the woke world today.

Christians gotta build more barns to meet in at midnight...by invitation only.
Disguises, so members of the Christian club can't be recognised going to the secret club meetings.
Heavily armed security.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 04:31:23 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: October 05, 2022, 06:02:11 AM »

DT
JM
Oct 5 2022

Thorburn's Church, like pretty much every other church that claims to follow the Bible, says that marriage is between a man and a woman and that sex outside marriage - whether gay or straight - is a sin.

This has been the position, incidentally, of the three monotheistic religions - Christianity, Judaism, and Islam - since time immemorial.
But Christianity is, to the so- called progressive left, a uniquely dangerous doctrine that also underpins Western civilisation and so must be driven from the public square at every opportunity.

#####

Seems to be.
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: October 05, 2022, 08:01:08 AM »

How does one reconcile being a Christian with the unbridled fear, hate and paranoia you seem possessed of?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 08:04:28 AM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: October 05, 2022, 11:33:54 AM »

DT
JM
Oct 5 2022

Thorburn's Church, like pretty much every other church that claims to follow the Bible, says that marriage is between a man and a woman and that sex outside marriage - whether gay or straight - is a sin.

This has been the position, incidentally, of the three monotheistic religions - Christianity, Judaism, and Islam - since time immemorial.
But Christianity is, to the so- called progressive left, a uniquely dangerous doctrine that also underpins Western civilisation and so must be driven from the public square at every opportunity.

#####

Seems to be.
Only if you ignore the tens of millions of professing liberal Christians, like me. Who do not confuse people taking issue with the political implications of my beliefs with oppression.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: October 05, 2022, 12:12:27 PM »

How does one reconcile being a Christian with the unbridled fear, hate and paranoia you seem possessed of?

Being a Christian doesn't save you from living hell on earth at the hands of others, including professed-Christians.

Fear/paranoia
We have been informed by those who know in the former ScoMo govt that we will be at war with China within 5 years, invaded.
China's military might is very great.
Chinese warships are already cruising around our coastline within sight of land, obviously scoping for the best landing points for the invasion. 2 million troops, very fearsome looking, probably all martial arts experts. They are shown on my tv news every other night.
Only a COUSAN style alliance ready and willing to defend its members will have any chance of saving me/us from being enslaved by China.
I didn't make this up, the govt, with access to all the security information, told us, when AUKUS was formed several years ago.

Hate.
You bet.
My list is long:
*Everything* from Reversing to Islamic terrorists.
Islamic terrorists, you know...like the ones who blew up NYC 911...and hacked to death Aussie girls and others on London bridges.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 12:21:40 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1484 on: October 05, 2022, 02:18:50 PM »

DT
JM
Oct 5 2022

#####

Seems to be.
Only if you ignore the tens of millions of professing liberal Christians, like me. Who do not confuse people taking issue with the political implications of my beliefs with oppression.

Or those like me.

Christian principles drive my politics.

Damn near everything practiced and preached by Republican Christian Nationals is antithetical to the teachings of Christ.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 567