Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119394 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #1560 on: October 09, 2022, 11:15:19 PM »

1917 in the upper image.

1922 in the lower image.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: October 09, 2022, 11:27:46 PM »

Oh dear...most of the things used to make solar, wind, etc energy come from mining.
Mine away for a happier day!

And, most all things renewable energy are now made in China.
Yes, smart China now rules the world...everyone has to go to it for *everything*.

The West was warned not to embrace cheap labour China, but it wouldn't listen.
Chinese cars are walking out the doors of dealers in bambuworld.
Won't be long before great Ford etc vehicles in America are replaced by Great Wall etc Chinese vehicles...it's the price you see. [if nothing changes].

Much of the crap used to extract, store, transport, process, and distribute fossil fuels comes about the same way. The vast bulk of it can be recycled to support renewable energy systems without being missed in its current role at all, saving us a lot of mining.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: October 09, 2022, 11:31:13 PM »

Test drive a Polestar you fucking xenophobe. You might then understand enough to pause your wingeing about backward ass Oz being to slow to cook nukes.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: October 10, 2022, 02:59:12 AM »

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: October 10, 2022, 07:57:51 AM »

Climate activists glue themselves to Picasso painting in Melb.
No surprise to many.
What they don't understand is that nothing Australia does or doesn't do will make one iota of difference to climate anything.

The painting is fine, someone had the good sense to display it in a glass case.
Go woke, go broke.

Holly Martins

« Reply #1565 on: October 10, 2022, 10:11:53 AM »

Everyone makes a difference.  And Oz selling coal to other nations certainly makes a difference. 

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: October 10, 2022, 11:44:43 AM »

Somebody should ask Red if he felt that the U.S. participation in the Viet Nam was a good idea.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: October 10, 2022, 12:04:00 PM »

He was a big fan of helping cause alQaeda in Iraq and getting all that oil.

I would guess he was dodging Vietnam like his idols, dick and don.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: October 10, 2022, 12:51:31 PM »

Somebody should ask Red if he felt that the U.S. participation in the Viet Nam was a good idea.
Already answered that weeks ago.

Holly Martins

« Reply #1569 on: October 10, 2022, 01:16:46 PM »

Sorry, I didn't take notes for the quiz.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: October 10, 2022, 01:21:36 PM »

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: October 10, 2022, 01:26:42 PM »

Sorry, I didn't take notes for the quiz.

The answer to that one is Jim, the chicken hawk chicken shit chicken head, cannot come clean.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1572 on: October 10, 2022, 01:54:29 PM »

Maybe there is some hope for bambutistan after all.

The country has long sustained its economy on natural resources. Its number one commodity is iron ore, representing nearly a third of all exports, but its coal and gas sales into Asia and India make up a further quarter of the countrys export profile. These dirty fossil fuel dollars have an expiry date on them, but the countrys huge expanses of hot desert represent an opportunity both to power Australia itself, and to replace coal and gas exports with renewably generated clean fuels.

https://newatlas.com/energy/net-zero-australia/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: October 10, 2022, 02:10:48 PM »

I was a Cub Scout as a child, and guys like Columbus were heroes for me. Columbus, and Amerigo Vespucci, they were heroes, and so were guys like Louis and Clark. The explorers were my heroes.

So, today on Columbus Day is a day to remember what a brave man Columbus was. To get on a ship and take off to where no one he knew had ever gone. Some people thought the world was flat and that he would sail off of the edge of the Earth, but he had the knowledge from Euclid and he knew the world was round, and not only did they know it was round but they knew approximately how big the Earth is, the Greeks were amazing and Euclid knew almost exactly how big the Earth is. Columbus mostly used what they call "Dead Reckoning" to travel, but they used sextons and the stars at night and they used clocks, etc. It is amazing that Columbus could set sail to places he had never been, and then find his way back to the same port that he had left, without getting permanently lost. A lot of people get lost just going for a walk in the woods, just imagine setting sail in a ship and taking off across the ocean.

Then, after my family got to New York hundreds of years ago they kept traveling and they came all the way to the West Coast. I had ancestors who lived in New York, Kentucky, Indiana, Arkansas, Colorado, Oregon, and here in California, that I know of. And I have Native American Indians in my family tree, my ancestors fell in love with the Indians and married Indians, I need to do my DNA test and all of that still, but I am sure that I have Cowboys and Indians in my family tree.

I have the same love of travel that the explorers had, and I was a Cub Scout as a child, I love to explore.

Columbus was a very brave man, with the spark of curiosity and skill to make the unknown known. I love the Native Americans Indians, and I have Indian blood in my veins, and I also respect the bravery and skill of Columbus.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: October 10, 2022, 02:37:01 PM »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-63070475

Another one bites the dust.

With nothing to replace it.
It, the base load power that powers industry, businesses, homes, computers, tv's and now electric cars.
The leftist and greenist politicians are rushing to close it and have admitted they have no plan B for if the wind doesn't blow and the sun doesn't shine.
Talk about madness.
Britain was no1 green dreamer...now look what's happened as a result.
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 566