Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119328 times)

Holly Martins

Re: News in General
« Reply #1590 on: October 11, 2022, 12:56:50 PM »

C'mon, he knows he's trolling.  Literally dozens of posts here have been linking to basic scientific information on how intermittent power sources will rely on storage systems to store peak output and even out supply.  Also watch for the red herring that only coal can handle baseloads where gravity or battery storage is not online yet - there's modular nukes, thorium reactors, geothermal, tidal, etc.  You're just engaging with someone who is entrenched in their ignorance and misinformation, stacking their square blocks of partisan poo.   

There's also IR panels - a new line of research that can absorb heat radiated from the ground at night, which helps balance out solar PV systems especially in desert regions.  I'll put a link up here some time, as that progresses.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: October 11, 2022, 01:22:54 PM »

C'mon, he knows he's trolling.  Literally dozens of posts here have been linking to basic scientific information on how intermittent power sources will rely on storage systems to store peak output and even out supply. 

LOL A technology we do not have nor will we ever have in total since wind and solar only work in certain parts of the country.
The only limitless renewable at this point is Nuclear but has been ignored by alarmists for so long we would need over a hundred years of constructing new plants and even then will not be able to totally replace fossil fuels.
Get real. We are one hundred per cent reliable on fossil fuels for generations to come.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1592 on: October 11, 2022, 01:33:14 PM »

C'mon, he knows he's trolling.  Literally dozens of posts here have been linking to basic scientific information on how intermittent power sources will rely on storage systems to store peak output and even out supply.  Also watch for the red herring that only coal can handle baseloads where gravity or battery storage is not online yet - there's modular nukes, thorium reactors, geothermal, tidal, etc.  You're just engaging with someone who is entrenched in their ignorance and misinformation, stacking their square blocks of partisan poo.   

There's also IR panels - a new line of research that can absorb heat radiated from the ground at night, which helps balance out solar PV systems especially in desert regions.  I'll put a link up here some time, as that progresses.

Come on!

Trolling is not half of his schtick.

He is a shill for everything stupid.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: October 11, 2022, 01:44:49 PM »

C'mon, he knows he's trolling.  Literally dozens of posts here have been linking to basic scientific information on how intermittent power sources will rely on storage systems to store peak output and even out supply. 

LOL A technology we do not have nor will we ever have in total since wind and solar only work in certain parts of the country.
The only limitless renewable at this point is Nuclear but has been ignored by alarmists for so long we would need over a hundred years of constructing new plants and even then will not be able to totally replace fossil fuels.
Get real. We are one hundred per cent reliable on fossil fuels for generations to come.

You are dead in a ditch. We are already moving on without you.

We will not forget you entirely. Every so often we will look back and tell stories of the incredible assholes who drowned in fossil fuels out of fear of a better future. You may live on as a sort of ridiculous cautionary tale of rank fug and foolishness.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: October 11, 2022, 01:46:00 PM »

"one hundred per cent reliable (sic) on fossil fuels for generations to come"

The facts about our using renewables now have already disproven what you meant to have said.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: October 11, 2022, 01:54:07 PM »

The facts about our using renewables now have already disproven what you meant to have said.
You cannot be serious.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 02:53:45 PM by Espnthree »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1596 on: October 11, 2022, 04:40:06 PM »

You cannot be serious.

Cone on guys. No fish for this fuck.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: October 11, 2022, 04:49:34 PM »

Today...20th anniversary of the Bali bombings.
Horror as Muslim terrorists blew up the Sari Club, turning innocent tourists and locals into flaming corpses...burnt beyond recognition were many of them.

Service today in Sydney's east, at the memorial.
Service also in Bali, at the memorial.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: October 11, 2022, 10:06:14 PM »

Let's go!!!!!
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: October 11, 2022, 11:09:19 PM »

Yes. He should have been put down decades ago, before he had a regular spot on television.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1601 on: October 12, 2022, 11:01:12 AM »

What's interesting about this tape is that the "he's like a monkey" comment is directed at a child who is climbing with agility over a float.  IOW I have no way to tell if the woman even meant to be racist, given how often agile small children are compared to monkeys.  It is the fact that she knows it will be recorded and is too clueless to understand how it could be taken as racist, given the snide things she has already said.  I think she should resign simply on the basis of stupidity and lack of self awareness.

https://apnews.com/article/los-angeles-city-council-uncertainty-e87533fd143b4526e208909129443c93

She called the adopted black child of a gay white man a monkey and said they were raising him like a white kid and that he needed a beat down.

Stupid my ass.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #1602 on: October 12, 2022, 02:57:02 PM »

What's interesting about this tape is that the "he's like a monkey" comment is directed at a child who is climbing with agility over a float.  IOW I have no way to tell if the woman even meant to be racist, given how often agile small children are compared to monkeys.  It is the fact that she knows it will be recorded and is too clueless to understand how it could be taken as racist, given the snide things she has already said.  I think she should resign simply on the basis of stupidity and lack of self awareness.

https://apnews.com/article/los-angeles-city-council-uncertainty-e87533fd143b4526e208909129443c93

She called the adopted black child of a gay white man a monkey and said they were raising him like a white kid and that he needed a beat down.

Stupid my ass.

Fair point, LB.  I hadn't read about the "raising like...beat down" part.  So, yes, I would say both stupid and racist.  Unequivocally racist. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #1603 on: October 12, 2022, 03:01:30 PM »

Since my skimming the story led to missing some key information I'm deleting the original post.  I'm to that point where, if I can't read the whole story, then I just don't read it. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1604 on: October 12, 2022, 03:36:02 PM »

Since my skimming the story led to missing some key information I'm deleting the original post.  I'm to that point where, if I can't read the whole story, then I just don't read it.

Well, she is an equal opportunity bigot.

This is what happens when Latinos believe they have been assimilated into whiteness.

This is why so many Latinos are supporting the GOP.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-10-11/nury-martinez-leak-reveals-crude-comments-about-jews-armenians#

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 566