Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119394 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #1965 on: November 15, 2022, 03:46:42 AM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: November 15, 2022, 04:21:16 AM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: November 15, 2022, 09:40:51 AM »

Katie Hobbs to the state house; solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short Kari Lake to her own OAN show.

Hobbs/Hobbes joke in there, nice.  I think the Arizona GOP could enter that Hobbesian phase of bellum omnia contra omnes.  They will start eating their own young, at the very least.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: November 15, 2022, 09:45:49 AM »

Tangled up in blue?

Tangled up in blooper.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: November 15, 2022, 09:54:22 AM »

http://www.vice.com/en/article/jgpndg/a-tidal-wave-of-rising-flood-water-has-forced-evacuations-in-central-nsw

Totally random event.

Bad luck and stuff.

That is all.

Much the same as in the 1950s.
The rivers are the life blood of rural towns and farms.
Some say the dam/river flow wasn't managed well...but so much rain in so little time...always spells disaster somewhere.

This time La Nina weather pattern, and some "negative Indian Ocean Dipole".
"A negative IOD results in cooler water near Africa and warmer water collecting near Australia, and clouds follow. This often occurs during La Nina, and pushes rain to Australia.
If both the IOD and La Nina are strong, Australia can experience heavy rainfall and consequently widespread flooding.

Go woke, go broke.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: November 15, 2022, 10:02:15 AM »

CNN Town Hall with Mike Pence.

Network begins the "anyone but Trump" work.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: November 15, 2022, 10:27:21 AM »

http://www.vice.com/en/article/jgpndg/a-tidal-wave-of-rising-flood-water-has-forced-evacuations-in-central-nsw

Totally random event.

Bad luck and stuff.

That is all.

Build homes and businesses in low--lying areas, one day in the course of history, they will get flooded..."as sure as duck eggs".
This time they were also washed away, or badly smashed up/destroyed.
Sad for the victims, most people in my rural towns are 'battlers".
'Katrina', and floods in Texas, hurricanes in Florida, towns destroyed in 'twister alley'...natural disasters and loss of life.
All nothing new.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: November 15, 2022, 12:30:25 PM »

That is a great thing about Battle Mountain, Nevada, is that there are no natural disasters there, no tornadoes, no hurricanes, no earthquakes, and the land is only $1,000 per acre. The only thing, Battle Mountain is cold in the winter and it snows in the winter. And gambling is legal in Nevada, so they can have fun and gamble, etc, Nevada is a fun state.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: November 15, 2022, 02:37:31 PM »

The Native American Indian Tribe in Battle Mountain, Nevada, is the Te-Moak Tribe of Western Shoshone...

https://www.temoaktribe.com

As people decide to do Business in Battle Mountain then they can do trade with the Shoshone Tribe, and they can have the Shoshone Tribe as a connection in Battle Mountain.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: November 15, 2022, 02:44:53 PM »

That is a great thing about Battle Mountain, Nevada, is that there are no natural disasters there, no tornadoes, no hurricanes, no earthquakes, and the land is only $1,000 per acre. The only thing, Battle Mountain is cold in the winter and it snows in the winter. And gambling is legal in Nevada, so they can have fun and gamble, etc, Nevada is a fun state.

Salute,

Tony V.

I only like looking at snow...'winter wonderlands' in movies, in Youtube videos.
Beautiful to look at. Also wonderful in America are the beautiful autumn leaves as the trees turn a rainbow of colours.
There sure are some pretty towns.

Living in snow is not for me. You shovel all the snow off your driveway, go to bed, wake in the morning and there's 3ft of snow back on the driveway.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: November 15, 2022, 02:50:56 PM »

CNN Town Hall with Mike Pence.

Network begins the "anyone but Trump" work.

He didn't miss Trump.
It should be very clear now to the Republican Party that they need a new Presidential candidate for 2024...and new policies.
I'd be going with "Free healthcare for all American citizens".
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: November 15, 2022, 03:29:36 PM »

Then you would be a Democrat. And have zero, no, less than zero chance of being nominated for anything as a Republican.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: November 15, 2022, 04:10:00 PM »

Then you would be a Democrat. And have zero, no, less than zero chance of being nominated for anything as a Republican.
[
You could not get elected proposing such a thing. No matter what party you belonged to.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: November 15, 2022, 04:56:12 PM »

We will have universal healthcare within five years. It will be our reward for forcing the fascists out of their nests within the republican party into the ocean to be chummed by the rocks and waves.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: November 15, 2022, 09:51:41 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

I only like looking at snow...'winter wonderlands' in movies, in Youtube videos.
Beautiful to look at. Also wonderful in America are the beautiful autumn leaves as the trees turn a rainbow of colours.
There sure are some pretty towns.

Living in snow is not for me. You shovel all the snow off your driveway, go to bed, wake in the morning and there's 3ft of snow back on the driveway.

The USA is nice if you have good schools and trade.

We need to make our people wise, and then give them trade.

Like the Business School at Pepperdine.

And the coal miners in Kentucky need great schools.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 566