Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119331 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #1995 on: November 18, 2022, 01:26:47 PM »

Would you please stop posting the same thing over and over, like some strobing giant billboard for Battle Mountain, NV?

WE GET IT.   BATTLE MOUNTAIN.
Battle Mountain is to Tony what Charles I's head was to Mr. Dick.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: November 18, 2022, 01:27:48 PM »

Would you please stop posting the same thing over and over, like some strobing giant billboard for Battle Mountain, NV?

If only the people at the top and developers like Rick Caruso would discover Battle Mountain, Nevada, as people work to create housing for the homeless and for the refugees, etc. You get it, but we need for the people at the top to get it. The homeless can have housing like in Santorini, Greece, for cheap. Bambu thought the housing in Greece was for the rich people, the homeless can live in beautiful housing like the rich people. The housing can be great for a low price. As people choose to care about the homeless, and as people look for solutions to help the homeless, then they need to look at options such as cheap land in Battle Mountain.

You get it, we need for the people at the top to understand.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: November 18, 2022, 01:31:31 PM »

If only the people at the top and developers like Rick Caruso would discover Battle Mountain, Nevada, as people work to create housing for the homeless and for the refugees, etc. You get it, but we need for the people at the top to get it. The homeless can have housing like in Santorini, Greece, for cheap. Bambu thought the housing in Greece was for the rich people, the homeless can live in beautiful housing like the rich people. The housing can be great for a low price. As people choose to care about the homeless, and as people look for solutions to help the homeless, then they need to look at options such as cheap land in Battle Mountain.

You get it, we need for the people at the top to understand.

Salute,

Tony V.

Caruso made a bonfire of cash to buy a job,

Sucker

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: November 18, 2022, 07:45:42 PM »

Battle Mountain is to Tony what Charles I's head was to Mr. Dick.

Perhaps we can provide him with a kite? 

Hugh Laurie has now displaced any previous mental images of Mr Dick I may have held. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: November 19, 2022, 02:52:37 AM »

My electricity is off...blackout...my evening meal half cooked.
Don't have to have too many guesses whose fault it is.
Luckily it's not dark yet and I have devices charged.
Hope those who voted a certain way at the last election are totally inconvenienced, and are very unhappy.
Hope their evening meals are spoilt, they can't get their groceries, can't get beer, and their Sat nights are ruined.
Serves them right.

That is the callous side of my nature.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 02:55:36 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: November 19, 2022, 08:52:10 AM »

One third of the homeless people are over the age of 55, so by building retirement housing then we can get one third of the homeless people off of the street and into housing.

Then, half of the homeless people were Foster Youth as children, so by helping the Foster Youth we can reduce the number of homeless people by half. My advice is to send the Foster Youth to college for free. And then give them Business Loans with zero interest, with free Business Consulting if they need it.

Then we can get a huge percentage of the young and healthy homeless people working with Habitat for Humanity to build housing, etc. The young healthy people can build the housing. There are also unions for the construction trades that the people can join.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: November 19, 2022, 11:19:31 AM »

My electricity is off...blackout...my evening meal half cooked.
Don't have to have too many guesses whose fault it is.
Luckily it's not dark yet and I have devices charged.
Hope those who voted a certain way at the last election are totally inconvenienced, and are very unhappy.
Hope their evening meals are spoilt, they can't get their groceries, can't get beer, and their Sat nights are ruined.
Serves them right.

That is the callous side of my nature.

Last time my neighborhood had a black out it was because a drunk drive crashed into a utility pole and murdered a electric transformer

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: November 19, 2022, 11:22:06 AM »

Speaking of electricity I just signed up for Solar panels on my roof.

The cool thing is i am getting a new roof in the deal.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: November 19, 2022, 11:31:51 AM »

Prices on 55+ communities in Florida now through the roof. Jump made in past three years. Tampa from 450 to 750 a mo. and climbing. Hurricanes and open immigration the cause.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: November 19, 2022, 12:33:25 PM »

Corporate vampires and their republican cronies are the cause. Hurricanes and immigration are the excuses they used to keep vacant idiots like you docile and in chains. Enjoy it as they suck the very last drop from you and remember that you chose them for your leaders.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: November 19, 2022, 06:51:17 PM »

Is battery storage part of that deal?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: November 20, 2022, 09:41:45 AM »

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: November 20, 2022, 09:45:44 AM »

Handy feature if grid power goes out. 

Way to go, LB.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: November 20, 2022, 10:44:46 AM »

Nope!

Battery is expensive, panels are basically free and I get the difference in generation and usage at the end of the year.

Blackouts in my area are very rare even in storms. Last major outage was in 2012 as result of a Derecho
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 10:49:09 AM by LarryB! »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: November 20, 2022, 01:57:54 PM »

King Charles bans foie gras in all royal residences.

Go King Charles!
Ever the activist.

Foie gras is banned in New York City and California but remains legal all over the US.
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 566