Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119462 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2010 on: November 20, 2022, 04:50:24 PM »

On the issue of the Native American Indians, I worked on a movie once with a bunch of Native American Indians from South Dakota, they were wealthy from oil, they had oil on their reservation, and they spent their time working on movie sets because they loved show business. They worked because they chose to, they were already rich from the oil so they worked because they loved movie making.

On the movie I worked with the Indians on, the film was a German independent film, the film was sponsored by a German beer company and so they had all the free German beer that they wanted while they were filming, and the beer had product placement in the movie, it was a dark comedy named "Short Cut to Hollywood" and we worked in Agua Dulce, California, we showed up and they served us Starbucks coffee while they told us what the plan was for the day, then we shot for one hour, then they served us awesome lasagna and while we were eating they made up our paychecks and they paid us $300 for one hour worth of work. It was the best job I ever had. Everyone was just having fun, and a wealthy German beer company was paying for everything.

I also met wealthy Native American Indians in Beverly Hills, they were wealthy from the seafood industry.

And the San Manuel Tribe is successful, and so is the Seminole Tribe, and other tribes as rising.

Also Robert Redford helped to build the new movie studio in Santa Fe, New Mexico, the Camel Rock Studio, which is the first studio owned by the Native American Indians. Maybe other tribes will join studios too, a lot of people love to make movies and they have a message that they want to get out to the world, they have stories to tell. I tried to get the San Manuel Tribe to open a new studio in Anaheim, but they were not interested then, but maybe in the future they will be interested in the movie industry. As Camel Rock is successful then it will inspire other tribes.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 04:52:29 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: November 20, 2022, 07:32:51 PM »

Foie gras...

https://www.peta.org.au/news/foie-gras-delicacy-despair/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAveebBhD_ARIsAFaAvrG2oEvAbF5B1U26_-d2Lzouly-UF4ziyWLIubVhEAqqtq7DkJJ-aSgaAhJMEALw_wcB

Because male ducks' livers grow larger than those of females, only males are used for the foie gras industry. Female hatchlings are commonly thrown alive into electric mincers.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 07:52:59 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: November 21, 2022, 11:00:08 AM »

Because male ducks' livers grow larger than those of females, only males are used...

I found giving up foie gras effortless.  I don't eat veal or pork, either, due to the cruelty of the confinement.  Five days of the week are vegetarian in the Can household, the other two days fish or chicken.

When I was a teen, I tried my hand at writing, and one story featured a rich heiress I named Patti DeFoygrass.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: November 21, 2022, 12:42:57 PM »

I have never eaten foie gras.

Our family had a ranch when I was a kid and we raised our own food, and we used to hunt rabbits to eat, etc, so I have always been a meat eater, but I have always been poor for the most part and cannot afford to eat the more expensive types of meat on a regular basis. Hamburger here is very expensive right now, so I buy the chicken which is far cheaper, the chicken is only ninety nine cents per pound. On the issue of fish, swordfish is pretty cheap here because we are right by the ocean, and I can make fish tacos for pretty cheap with the swordfish. But, mostly I have been eating pasta lately, I have been having pasta 3 or 4 times a week now. And I like the canned food sometimes like Chef Boyardee, and Campbell Soup. And I eat cheese everyday, I love cheese. My doctor told me to avoid pork, so I never eat pork, except for bacon occasionally.

On the issue of world leaders, I like Giorgia Meloni, she is the new leader of Italy, and she has the support of Berlusconi. She strongly disapproves of people smuggling and illegal immigration, so she seeks to stop the inflow of immigrants into Italy. The USA is huge and the USA can handle the immigrants, but Italy is small, and Italy is already full of Italians. The USA has the Statue of Liberty, and immigrants are welcome, but in Italy it is a small nation which is already full of people. Send the immigrants to Battle Mountain, Nevada, and they can do trade with San Francisco.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: November 21, 2022, 12:48:06 PM »

Stop rooting for the fascists, Tony. The poverty they cause is both mental and physical.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: November 21, 2022, 02:56:33 PM »

Americans have always been good people who helped each other, and in my hometown of Lancaster, California, the people used to get together and they would have a big rabbit hunt and they would have a party and a dance, and then they would send all of the rabbit meat to the orphanages in Los Angeles to feed to the orphans. The people of the Antelope Valley made sure that the orphans in Los Angeles had food to eat.

https://www.lancastermoah.org/single-post/rabbit-drives

When I was a kid in Battle Mountain, Nevada, we used to hunt the rabbits and eat them, rabbit meat is good. And you can roast the rabbit over an open camp fire like the Cowboys, that was how my people did it. But, also the French have great recipes for rabbits, etc, and the orphans in Los Angeles were lucky to have rabbit meat.

Americans are good people who have always helped the orphans and the needy, and the orphans were lucky to get the rabbit meat.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: November 21, 2022, 03:03:07 PM »

Because male ducks' livers grow larger than those of females, only males are used...

I found giving up foie gras effortless.  I don't eat veal or pork, either, due to the cruelty of the confinement.  Five days of the week are vegetarian in the Can household, the other two days fish or chicken.

When I was a teen, I tried my hand at writing, and one story featured a rich heiress I named Patti DeFoygrass.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 06:25:28 PM by LarryB! »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: November 21, 2022, 05:59:31 PM »

Gay niteclub mass shooting, guy just walked in...then started shooting patrons.
Where was the absolute security?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 06:30:56 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: November 21, 2022, 06:25:54 PM »

So.
The Railroad strike Biden says he averted( convenient election ploy) is still very much in play.
What a shock!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: November 21, 2022, 07:42:33 PM »

It is said by many that leftist govts love mass legal, and illegal, and people smuggling immigration because said immigrants mostly vote for the left.

Italy finally woke up that open borders is a failed policy.
Other European countries have already closed their borders to the waves of asylum-seeking immigrants.It was failed policy in them too.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: November 21, 2022, 07:47:24 PM »

So.
The Railroad strike Biden says he averted( convenient election ploy) is still very much in play.
What a shock!

Why do you hate America?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: November 21, 2022, 07:54:37 PM »

So.
What a shock!

Why do you hate America?

It is where ward failed at everything all through his life. It is easy for sad old losers to hate the things that moved past them and left them in the dust.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: November 21, 2022, 07:57:15 PM »

Bambu, you sad leach, if it were up to you you still would not have indoor plumbing.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 567