Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119328 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2235 on: December 17, 2022, 09:57:42 PM »

While I am not a fan of the British by any means, I think that Harry and Meghan could benefit from attending Leadership Training.

Right now Harry and Meghan keep complaining and talking about how bad it is to be in the royal family of England, and they are just smearing mud all over the royal family, instead of using their fame and good fortune to help other people.

The first thing they teach you in Leadership Training is to stop complaining and to take responsibility for the things that we do have control over, and to use our adversities to become stronger, and to do service to help others.

Harry and Meghan need to stop complaining about how bad the royal family is, and about how bad it is to be rich and famous, and they need to gain strength from their adversities, and they need to use their position to help other people, and become leaders.

Harry and Meghan have been living here in California, where we have a huge problem with homelessness, and other problems, including illegal drugs and a fentanyl problem, etc, etc, etc. Instead of complaining about how bad it is to be royals, they can use their fame as royals to help other people.

Instead of being victims, Harry and Meghan need to be leaders.

Salute,

Tony V.
They should move to Battle Mountain.

They should.
That 's exactly where they should go, and stay forever.
They'd likely be much happier there. Plenty of room for theirs kids to run around too.

Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: December 18, 2022, 02:06:47 AM »

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/17/1142675809/cleanup-for-keystone-pipeline-oil-spill-kansas

For those who scoffed that the Keystone pipeline could pose any serious risk. 

Walk, bike, ride transit, trade for better mpg...take whatever baby steps you can to help say no to liquid bitumen, the worst form of crude.

Waiting to trade in all my clunkers for 2nd generations of the Aptera and the Canoo.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: December 18, 2022, 11:55:19 AM »

It took a while but the Ohio College known for wokeness finally has  paid for false racist charges.

Oberlin college paid $36 MILLION dollars to a town bakery it defamed.

The case grew out of a theft of wine from the bakery in 2016 by a black student that led to an altercation.

Oberlin College students protested outside the bakery following the shoplifting incident. During a protest, former Oberlin College vice president and dean of students Meredith Raimondo handed out flyers stating that the bakery was a "RACIST establishment with a LONG ACCOUNT of RACIAL PROFILING and DISCRIMINATION," according to court documents

The perpetrators were fined and testified nothing that happened was because of racism.

But the school persisted in charging RACISM! and stopped buying food from the bakery.

So the bakery sued  and won, then won on appeal, and the Ohio Supreme Court refused to review the lower courts.

Hallelujah.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: December 18, 2022, 01:40:47 PM »

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/17/1142675809/cleanup-for-keystone-pipeline-oil-spill-kansas

For those who scoffed that the Keystone pipeline could pose any serious risk. 

Walk, bike, ride transit, trade for better mpg...take whatever baby steps you can to help say no to liquid bitumen, the worst form of crude.

Waiting to trade in all my clunkers for 2nd generations of the Aptera and the Canoo.

The Aptera surprises me - it looks very high-end with its aviation design features, but the starting price for the most basic version is around 26K.  I like the solar option, where it will give you around 40 mile per day from self charging.
People in the Sunbelt would go for that.  The range from a wall socket charge is also eyebrow raising. 

Ward is oddly quiet about the Keystone spill.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: December 18, 2022, 01:54:11 PM »

They should.
They'd likely be much happier there. Plenty of room for theirs kids to run around too.

All ye who are posting, either ironically or in earnest, about Battle Mountain should read the memoir, The Glass Castle.  A big portion of the author's childhood was spent in BM.  (Will skip past the potential problems in promoting a remote mining town in arid country during a western drought decades-long...)
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: December 18, 2022, 03:09:04 PM »

Today Dr Charles Stanley was talking about who Jesus is, and about the wisdom of God to wait until the Romans were in power to send Jesus.

There is a book that I read a long time ago before I went to Rome as I was reading about Rome, the name of the book is "Caesar and Christ" by Will Durant, and the book is about how Caesar and Christ contributed to the birth of modern civilization. It is a big book but it is a fast read if you are hungry for that type of reading.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: December 18, 2022, 03:10:50 PM »

They should.

All ye who are posting, either ironically or in earnest, about Battle Mountain should read the memoir, The Glass Castle.  A big portion of the author's childhood was spent in BM.  (Will skip past the potential problems in promoting a remote mining town in arid country during a western drought decades-long...)

Woody Harrelson is in the movie, I want to see it, maybe I will watch it with my Mother over the Christmas holiday.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: December 18, 2022, 06:26:55 PM »

And now in bambuworld, what else but a "fat santa" ban.
"Fat santas will make children eat too much, and get fat".
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 09:35:08 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: December 19, 2022, 08:52:07 AM »

And now in bambuworld, what else but a "fat santa" ban.
"Fat santas will make children eat too much, and get fat".
Santa Claus is a right wing elitist construct and should be banned everywhere.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: December 19, 2022, 10:44:18 AM »

Pity there aren't more Santas in the world...spreading peace, love, and happiness around.
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: December 19, 2022, 10:50:08 AM »

Maybe you should apply for the job.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: December 19, 2022, 11:55:46 AM »

Pity there aren't more Santas in the world...spreading peace, love, and happiness around.
To rich people. Biggest asshole kids in the world get PlayStation and drones and shit regardless of how much they are pricks to their fellow man. You can be the best behaved, most genial and kind poor kid, and what do you get? Mittens. Because for Santa "good" = rich. "Bad" = poor. Fuck his fat money worshipping ass.

Also, the historical Santa Claus was (allegedly) briefly jailed by Constantine the Great during the Council of Nicea in 325 for punching Arias in the face during a debate over whether Christ was made or begotten. My current favorite Christmas trivia question.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 11:58:43 AM by Hairy Lime »
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: December 19, 2022, 12:48:48 PM »

It is important for people to make sure that the poor orphans, and refugee children, etc, receive gifts.

I tried to start a program to take the orphans to Disneyland for Christmas, I sent the idea to the then Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich, and he wrote me back and he wanted me to be in charge of the program, he said it was a great idea and he told me to do it. It is easier to send ideas than it is to actually go out and make it happen. Maybe someday I will create the program, if someone else does not already do it.

Out in the desert my Mother used to cut the hair for the orphans, they had ranches out in the desert for the foster boys who did not have anywhere else to go, they had like 20 boys at each ranch, and my Mother used to cut the hair for the boys, and she used to take me with her while she cut the hair for the boys. I watched the movie "Rocky" with the foster boys one time, the boys all had nick-names like "Spider" and "Shadow" and names like that. They all smoked cigarettes even though none of them were old enough to smoke, they let the boys smoke. And I went to school with the foster boys, I used to see them at school.

There is a program in the OC called CASA and I can work with them to make sure that all of the foster youth get to go to Disneyland. I will work on it in the future.

I am going to see my Nephew at Christmas, and I am going to take my Apple and my movie script, and my poetry book, and tell my Nephew what I am trying to do, I need to be able to share the movie script, and I need to be able to publish my poetry book with Barnes and Noble. They say that the young people know the most about computers, I hope my Nephew can help me. If I can make my movie, and publish my poetry book, then hopefully that will be enough to open a night club in Rome, and buy a house in Malibu, and maybe buy a winery in Tuscany. Then, I will have money to help to make my ideas a reality, I can start a 501 c charitable company to help the orphans, and the homeless, etc. And maybe I will open some hostels where people can take a shower and sleep in a bed for $15 per night. We will see what happens. And I need to find a smart wife who can be my team-mate.

Anyhow, I support toy drives to give toys to the orphans and to the poor children. And the businesses need to be altruistic and they need to make sure that the poor children get toys at Christmas.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: December 19, 2022, 03:36:48 PM »

Machiavelli wrote that leaders whom are loved are the best leaders.

The way to get the love of the desperate refugees and immigrants who come to us is by making them legal, and creating jobs for them and putting them to honest work.

We need to make our immigrants legal, like Reagan did, and we need to re-write our immigration law to include a Good Neighbor policy. And we need to bring the poor immigrants and refugees out of the shadows and we need to make them legal so that they are protected by our laws, and so that they can call the police in the case of an emergency, and so that they can join labor unions and so that they are protected by OSHA, etc.

If we make the immigrants legal, and if we put them to work at good union jobs, then we will gain the love of the immigrants.

I had a maid from El Salvador, and she loved us for giving her an honest job. And we had gardeners from Brazil. We need to make the people legal and we need to give the people jobs.

Salute,

Tony V.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: December 19, 2022, 04:07:09 PM »

MainStreet media Call For Some Sort Of Constitutional Amendment
That Would Protect Free Speech
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 566