Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119361 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2280 on: December 21, 2022, 07:42:57 PM »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/12/january-6-committee-criminal-referral-donald-trump/672514/
Thankfully a paywall prevents reading another Frum clickbait.

But, to set the record straight:

Congress has no authority to refer specific individuals for prosecution. It is beyond the scope of its constitutional authority.( which is to legislate)
And, A congressional committee officially voting to refer a named individual for prosecution violates the spirit of the explicit prohibition against congressional bills of attainder.
Yes they do no it is not and no it does not.

Thanks.  In spite of a pragmatic parsimony of punctuation, your points were perfectly pellucid.

Also somewhat a conundrum how something can be paywall blocked and clickbait ATST.  Here is a screenshot:

https://archive.ph/vFwBE
If you failed to understand the lack of constitutional  authority Congress has been given in this matter then you simply underscore your ignorance.
There is no Constitutional bar to congress referring possible crimes to the Department of Justice for further investigation. Just ask Steve Bannon. Your insistence to the contrary simply underscores your ignorance.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: December 21, 2022, 08:18:26 PM »

If you failed to understand the lack of constitutional  authority Congress has been given in this matter then you simply underscore your ignorance.
]There is no Constitutional bar to congress referring possible crimes to the Department of Justice for further investigation. Just ask Steve Bannon. Your insistence to the contrary simply underscores your ignorance.
Bannon was convicted of contempt of Congress(interfering with its legislative duties)
Apples and oranges.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 08:54:41 PM by Espnthree »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: December 21, 2022, 09:10:34 PM »

]There is no Constitutional bar to congress referring possible crimes to the Department of Justice for further investigation. Just ask Steve Bannon. Your insistence to the contrary simply underscores your ignorance.
Bannon was convicted of contempt of Congress(interfering with its legislative duties)
Apples and oranges.
LOL. Never change.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: December 21, 2022, 09:13:30 PM »

I have a friend in Texas who is a retired jet plane mechanic from the Navy, he worked on an aircraft carrier, and now he owns a big beautiful house in Texas. But, today he had a problem, he went to the grocery store and the shelves were empty at his local market.

We need to make sure that Americans have food on the shelves of our stores.

And we can ship stuff up from the ports in Mexico to Americans in Texas and all over the USA.

I just went shopping at my local Vons, they have good prices, but you need to have a Vons Club card, the card will save you a lot of money, if you ever go to Vons be sure to get a Vons Club card. They had corn dogs on sale for half price, and cheese is on sale, and I bought a frozen pizza, and a box of wine, all good prices. The store has a lot of food, and good prices. Of note too, Vons has had Yuban coffee for half price.

The Mexican Market also has good prices on lots of good food, that is the best place to buy chicken. We can send Mexican imports to Texas, and to Kentucky, and to whomever needs food for the shelves of their stores. Here the Mexican  Market is the Northgate Gonzalez Market. It is a great Mexican Market with lots of good food at good low prices.

We need to make sure that all of the stores have goods on their shelves.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: December 21, 2022, 09:13:39 PM »

As for a Frum  paywall it is a blessing to not have to read his partisan prattling.
Your insistence  in republishing his stupidness reaffirms my initial reaction.

What you cannot rebut, you can refuse to read.  But please, continue your fascinating argument with a URL!
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: December 21, 2022, 09:56:01 PM »

I have a friend in Texas who is a retired jet plane mechanic from the Navy, he worked on an aircraft carrier, and now he owns a big beautiful house in Texas. But, today he had a problem, he went to the grocery store and the shelves were empty at his local market.

We need to make sure that Americans have food on the shelves of our stores.

And we can ship stuff up from the ports in Mexico to Americans in Texas and all over the USA.

I just went shopping at my local Vons, they have good prices, but you need to have a Vons Club card, the card will save you a lot of money, if you ever go to Vons be sure to get a Vons Club card. They had corn dogs on sale for half price, and cheese is on sale, and I bought a frozen pizza, and a box of wine, all good prices. The store has a lot of food, and good prices. Of note too, Vons has had Yuban coffee for half price.

The Mexican Market also has good prices on lots of good food, that is the best place to buy chicken. We can send Mexican imports to Texas, and to Kentucky, and to whomever needs food for the shelves of their stores. Here the Mexican  Market is the Northgate Gonzalez Market. It is a great Mexican Market with lots of good food at good low prices.

We need to make sure that all of the stores have goods on their shelves.

Salute,

Tony V.

Forecast calls for a bomb cyclone this weekend including Texas and Florida,
Shelves are empty because folks are getting prepped

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: December 21, 2022, 10:10:43 PM »

Apples and oranges.
LOL. Never change.
I deal in facts.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: December 21, 2022, 10:27:57 PM »

It is important to keep goods on the shelves of American stores.

And in Nashville, Tennessee, they have a store for charity where the poor people can shop.

The Store, Love at the Core

https://www.thestore.org

We need to make sure that the Americans have goods on the shelves of American stores, and we can send goods up from the ports in Mexico to the poor people in the USA.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: December 21, 2022, 11:41:41 PM »

Apples and oranges.
LOL. Never change.
I deal in facts.
Except you are a PROVEN LIAR and when not deliberately lying too stupid to recognize you were wrong.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: December 22, 2022, 02:26:36 AM »

Taliban to female uni students in Afghanistan:

"Go home...your university education is over.
Women are now banned from universities."

just shown on my tv.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: December 22, 2022, 02:40:51 AM »

Great news:

Just saw on my tv a new rocket launching system in Qld state..."fits on the back of a ute (pick up truck)... good for wars like in Ukraine".
Good for use on invading troops and tanks etc.
Cool.
Go woke, go broke.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: December 22, 2022, 09:07:10 AM »

Apples and oranges.
LOL. Never change.
I deal in facts.
Except you are a PROVEN LIAR and when not deliberately lying too stupid to recognize you were wrong.
Except I am not wrong. The Constitution is clear.
And you know it.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: December 22, 2022, 10:16:33 AM »

Apples and oranges.
LOL. Never change.
I deal in facts.
Except I am not wrong. The Constitution is clear.
And you know it.
Yes you are yes it is yes I do and you do not.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 12:02:38 PM by Hairy Lime »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: December 22, 2022, 12:19:52 PM »

Mahlagha Jaberi 

4 hours

Tonight is the night of Yalda. Yalda night is the longest night of the year that has been celebrated by Persians around the world for many centuries. A night of love, light and poetry.

To this day Yalda remains as one of the most ancient festive ceremonies that has been celebrated in Iran for centuries since the time of the Persian Empire.

Yalda means rebirth (of the sun), and it is celebrated for the triumph of light over darkness.

For centuries (502 BC the time of Darius), during this night everyone gathered with family and friends, ate delicious food, drank, and sang happy songs all night and listened to stories about old times.

Sadly, Shabe Yalda looks very different this year. We lost so many Iranian people including children who were killed by the Islamic regime in the ongoing revolution in Iran. With freedom fighters being arrested, killed, raped and executed, we take this moment to recognize the lives lost in Iran, the people fighting for freedom and how they need us to be their voice. This is a photo of some of our beloved brothers and sisters ..We will never forget the heroes of our country....

On this special night, let us remember that light ALWAYS overcomes darkness and be hopeful that Iran will soon go back to the amazing country it always was.

May the darkest night of the year lead the way to a bright day, remove oppression and injustice and may all those sacrificed souls blossom again in a new Iran.

#MahsaAmini #YaldaNight
#IranRevolution #WomenLifeFreedom

----------------

We need to support the good people from Iran such as Mahlagha Jaberi in their struggle to improve human rights for the people of Iran, and we need for Mahlagha's voice to be heard.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: December 22, 2022, 02:56:02 PM »

World Bank

1 hour

The Health Enhancement and Life-saving (HEAL) #Ukraine Project, with an initial $100 million in new financing guaranteed by Ministerio de Asuntos Economicos y Transformacion Digital & $10 million from the Global Financing Facility (GFF), will to help the country restore access to essential health services, including mental health care.

Learn more: http://wrld.bg/kiv450M8Lrv

-------------

The world has a huge shortage of psychiatrists right now, we need to train new psychiatrists to the best of our ability. San Diego State University is the best when it comes to teaching new psychiatrists, and we need to expand from there. Graduates from San Diego State University can go teach new psychiatrists in Las Vegas, and in Denver, etc, etc, etc, and in Ukraine, etc. We need to train new psychiatrists.

Department of Psychology - San Diego State University

https://psychology.sdsu.edu

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 03:04:49 PM by FlyingVProd »
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 566