Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119322 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2310 on: December 30, 2022, 01:07:35 PM »

News Item
Indianapolis

Adults and children filled the Indianapolis Public Library main branch on Thursday to hear actor, writer, and film producer Kirk Cameron read his recently published children s book, As You Grow.

The library organization initially denied Cameron the opportunity to read the book for its story hour but later allowed the event to happen

A video recording shows a long line of people walking into the building, and photos capture families sitting on the floor and standing against the wall.

This was the largest event held at the library in its 137 years of existence, Zac Bell with BRAVE Books, who is with the book publisher, commented. The turnout was phenomenal! We were blown away.

The Cameron book centers around a tree s growth and teaches children about family, faith, and biblical wisdom.
Cameron and his publisher recently criticized libraries that will not allow a public reading of his book but offer drag queen story hours for children.

However, No more will the family of faith be shut out from the public square!

God bless you and Happy New Year,  he said.
The author is scheduled to read his book at Scarsdale New York Library today.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 01:11:31 PM by Espnthree »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: December 30, 2022, 01:56:33 PM »

AWESOME.  Thanks for the report.  Cameron doing great work.
SUPPORT BRAVE BOOKS! 
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: December 30, 2022, 04:44:28 PM »

You seem impressed.  That sort of thing has always had a loud, loyal and limited audience. There is a reason Kirk Cameron movies get made. And a reason they have limited boutique releases. Almost the literal definition of preaching to the choir.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: December 30, 2022, 05:17:51 PM »

You seem impressed.  That sort of thing has always had a loud, loyal and limited audience. There is a reason Kirk Cameron movies get made. And a reason they have limited boutique releases. Almost the literal definition of preaching to the choir.
Then why would a public supported Library refuse to let him have a public reading?

Judging from the overflow  packed house that resulted when the Library changed its mind I would say the Choir just got a lot of bigger. 2500 people showed up at the Indianapolis Library.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 05:24:37 PM by Espnthree »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: December 30, 2022, 06:25:15 PM »

What I wonder about the Left Behind series, in which Cameron starred, is when do they get to the other cheek?  Surely the right behind also deserves our consideration.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: December 30, 2022, 06:53:54 PM »

What I wonder about the Left Behind series, in which Cameron starred, is when do they get to the other cheek?  Surely the right behind also deserves our consideration.
On the other hand no PR is ever more powerful than banning a book or performance.

The know it all Christians of my high school days tried it with Winesburg, Ohio.
The school library ordered 25 more copies of the Sherwood Anderson classic.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: December 30, 2022, 08:29:55 PM »

Then why would a public supported Library refuse to let him have a public reading?

Judging from the overflow  packed house that resulted when the Library changed its mind I would say the Choir just got a lot of bigger. 2500 people showed up at the Indianapolis Library.

Shit, those people elected Mike Pence

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: December 30, 2022, 09:14:37 PM »

Happy 76th birthday to Ester Cordet!

https://youtu.be/rIjRDKUw6sU

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: December 30, 2022, 11:09:29 PM »

On the other hand no PR is ever more powerful than banning a book or performance.
A tremendous lesson for the right to learn everytime they and you get incensed over trans reading performances or books the discuss sexuality and gender identity.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: December 31, 2022, 12:01:37 AM »

A tremendous lesson for the right to learn everytime they and you get incensed over trans reading performances or books the discuss sexuality and gender identity.
2500 hundred people show up to listen to a banned Christian author and you want to lecture them?

Medice, cura te ipsum,

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: December 31, 2022, 01:38:42 AM »

Mike Pence...very wise man...makes sure he's never alone in the company of a woman who is not his wife.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: December 31, 2022, 07:39:31 AM »

2500 hundred people show up to listen to a banned Christian author and you want to lecture them?

Medice, cura te ipsum,
No. And you should learn English before trying Latin. Also, math.

According to the Indianapolis library the number of people attending Camerons homophobic pity party was not.2500 hundred, or.even 2500, but 750. Big enough a crowd you wonder at his need to lie about it. But then, it is the era of Trump.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: December 31, 2022, 07:41:04 AM »

Mike Pence...very wise man...makes sure he's never alone in the company of a woman who is not his wife.
But he will meet alone with similarly situated men. I am going to guess you do not comprehend why this is a serious equality issue.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: December 31, 2022, 11:18:32 AM »

Hold on thar, Tex! Not so fast!

https://nypost.com/2022/12/30/kirk-cameron-exaggerated-record-turnout-at-book-reading-library/

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: December 31, 2022, 01:29:35 PM »

But he will meet alone with similarly situated men. I am going to guess you do not comprehend why this is a serious equality issue.

Me, I wouldn't be allowing myself to be alone in the company of a man either.
Not a man, not a woman (they seem to be the ones making the most false allegations), and not children of any age.
100% protection.
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 566