Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119454 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2340 on: January 01, 2023, 05:13:59 PM »

The Park Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles by MacArthur Park would be a great place to house the homeless. I took a tour of the Hotel, and it is a cool place. And they have a swimming pool, and a bowling alley, and a dining hall, etc, it is a fantastic old hotel. The hotel has 169 rooms, and you can put 2 beds in each room for the homeless people.

https://tinyurl.com/mvs8wshv

Salute,

Tony V.

I spent some time in that part of Los Angeles, I volunteered to help to pick up trash at MacArthur Park, and I took a tour of the Park Plaza Hotel, it is a good place for the homeless people. They can have concerts with food trucks at MacArthur Park, and the Park Plaza Hotel is fantastic. Right now the Park Plaza Hotel is just sitting empty, they might as well clean the hotel up and make it available for the homeless people.

Salute,

Tony V.

Sounds like a great idea.
Losing 100million of the nation's population, by natural attrition would also be a good idea, by natural attrition, would also be a good idea.

Canada is also flooding itself with immigrants 'for a better life'...in one case a  disabled man who's homeless...his 2 children arriving soon, from Poland.
Canadian officials are not good at maths...5 immigrants let in, only 3 houses, 2 more added to the homeless population.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: January 01, 2023, 05:38:55 PM »

People are gathered in Mexico waiting to enter the USA, and many new immigrants will follow. We need to create honest jobs for the immigrants, and we need to build housing. We have the United Farm Workers and other unions for the workers, which can tell the workers where the jobs are, so the workers can just ride a Greyhound bus to where the job is.

The USA has our Statue of Liberty, and we will always have new immigrants arriving, the best that we can do is try to create good new jobs and housing for our new immigrants.

When Hollywood was growing during the Golden years of Hollywood, the people brought the best architects from around the world to build housing in Hollywood. Even the public housing for welfare was designed by a world renowned architect, Hollywood had the best of everything.

Some of the old hotels in Hollywood are fantastic old hotels, and the Park Plaza Hotel is a beautiful old hotel which will be perfect for the homeless people, and they have MacArthur Park, it is a great spot to help the homeless.

Canada needs to remember the movie "Field of Dreams" when it is said "If You Build It Then They Will Come" the immigrants will come, but you need to bring in the great architects and designers and builders to build it, like we did in Hollywood.

We still need to do a lot of building here in the USA and in California, and we need to keep it fun, with the best architects, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 05:47:33 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: January 01, 2023, 11:23:05 PM »

Tony, You need to get that utopian head of yours out of your ass and get real.

Your advise is stupid, childish and not of any help to anyone, anywhere!

Given what most Americans seem to want today, massive immigration both legal, and illegal (sorry "refugees" and "asylum seekers"/"huddled masses" as per the Statue of Liberty), open borders...Tony's advice and solutions are
quite reasonable...gotta house all the immigrants somewhere, they have to work somewhere or be a burden on taxpayers.

Got any better ideas? because what there are now are not working.
Advice at this site is that anyone who arrives at the border seeking asylum must be let in and their claim assessed, according to the Constitution.
IMO that needs amending.
The majority of Americans voted against Trump's wall, any wall.
So now people are crossing the Mexican border in record numbers.
Tony is putting forward his ideas of practical solutions to deal with homelessness and massive immigration.
IMO his ideas are not childish, not stupid, and would help many people if adopted.

Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: January 02, 2023, 02:12:30 AM »

The Park Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles by MacArthur Park would be a great place to house the homeless. I took a tour of the Hotel, and it is a cool place. And they have a swimming pool, and a bowling alley, and a dining hall, etc, it is a fantastic old hotel. The hotel has 169 rooms, and you can put 2 beds in each room for the homeless people.

https://tinyurl.com/mvs8wshv

Salute,

Tony V.

I spent some time in that part of Los Angeles, I volunteered to help to pick up trash at MacArthur Park, and I took a tour of the Park Plaza Hotel, it is a good place for the homeless people. They can have concerts with food trucks at MacArthur Park, and the Park Plaza Hotel is fantastic. Right now the Park Plaza Hotel is just sitting empty, they might as well clean the hotel up and make it available for the homeless people.

Salute,

Tony V.

Sounds like a great idea.
Losing 100million of the nation's population, by natural attrition would also be a good idea, by natural attrition, would also be a good idea.

That is why we give old white men guns and fentanyl. They are always the least missed.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: January 02, 2023, 01:36:52 PM »

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: January 02, 2023, 02:53:14 PM »

Thanks Bambu, you are a good man.

And I am trying my best to give ideas from the perspective of an American who has been here from the beginning, my ancestors were Cowboys and Indians. And I lived at the top here in California in Malibu for one year, it was great, I lived with all of the rich and famous people, and I even had Sammy Hagar in my living room one night, Sammy was friends with the lady who owned the beach house where I rented a room.

Right now my favorite acting teacher is in New York City, and she just watched a former student of hers perform on Broadway in "Some Like it Hot." It is awesome that students who trained here in Southern California get to perform on Broadway, And it is so nice for my teacher that everywhere she goes she sees plays and movies with her former students. She taught at The American Academy of Dramatic Arts and at California State University Fullerton.

Thanks for your good words Bambu, and I will keep sharing my ideas, and I will keep trying to help people however I can.

And I still plan to get my movie script made, and my poetry book published, and I will write more.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: January 02, 2023, 03:53:22 PM »

I had ancestors in Kentucky over 200 years ago, those people are my people. My ancestors lived in Carrollton, Kentucky. So when we talk about the poor people in Kentucky, those are my people, just my family kept moving West to California.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 04:00:21 PM by FlyingVProd »

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: January 02, 2023, 04:17:03 PM »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/01/kyrsten-sinema-senate-independent-party-switch/672583/

More independents needed?  Makes a case for it.

Tutu optional.

Sure. Just buy more Senators with the same money from the billionaire donor class. Independents goes to the highest bidders.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: January 02, 2023, 09:19:50 PM »

DK what would happen.  But weakening the present partisan system could weaken or diffuse the power of the megadonors.  What if more Independents meant more Bernies?  (We'd need campaign finance reform, for starters)

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: January 02, 2023, 09:23:16 PM »

And I am trying my best to give ideas from the perspective of an American who has been here from the beginning, my ancestors were Cowboys and Indians....

Now you're saying you have Native American ancestry?  Which ancestors and how did they inform your perspective?  What was their tribal affiliation? 

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: January 02, 2023, 10:13:28 PM »

And I am trying my best to give ideas from the perspective of an American who has been here from the beginning, my ancestors were Cowboys and Indians. And I lived at the top here in California in Malibu for one year, it was great, I lived with all of the rich and famous people, and I even had Sammy Hagar in my living room one night, Sammy was friends with the lady who owned the beach house where I rented a room.

Right now my favorite acting teacher is in New York City, and she just watched a former student of hers perform on Broadway in "Some Like it Hot." It is awesome that students who trained here in Southern California get to perform on Broadway, And it is so nice for my teacher that everywhere she goes she sees plays and movies with her former students. She taught at The American Academy of Dramatic Arts and at California State University Fullerton.

Thanks for your good words Bambu, and I will keep sharing my ideas, and I will keep trying to help people however I can.

And I still plan to get my movie script made, and my poetry book published, and I will write more.

Salute,

Tony V.

I don't always agree with all of your ideas, but you are working for good, not evil.
Trying to help the poor, homeless, disabled, disadvantaged, discriminated against is a noble pursuit.
You deserve a medal, not abuse.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: January 02, 2023, 10:32:14 PM »

Hitler wore a neck tie.
Who wants to be like Hitler.

Putin wears a neck tie.
Who wants to be like Putin.

Ban neck ties!

At least men [and women] should stop wearing them.

Neck ties are the most useless pieces of *clothing* every invented.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: January 02, 2023, 11:18:17 PM »

Hitler wore a neck tie.

Putin wears a neck tie.

Ban neck ties!

The Power Tie as phallic enhancement symbol

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: January 03, 2023, 06:49:41 AM »

Hitler wore a neck tie.

Putin wears a neck tie.

Ban neck ties!

The Power Tie as phallic enhancement symbol

Take a look at the three of them, and how ridiculous the three pieces of material tied around their necks and hanging down look.
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 567