Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119331 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2400 on: January 06, 2023, 08:07:14 PM »

Bambu, when you come to California then you will be on the border with Mexico, so I recommend eating tacos and burritos and drinking margaritas at the local Bodegas.

And our local Guadalajara Restaurant is wonderful.

And when you teach your poor people how to cook, then be sure to teach them Mexican Food.

In the heat of the summer, with Frank Sinatra music playing at night, with a margarita, and tacos, you are living California style. And then we have women who come to Hollywood from all over the world to be stars.

In my neighborhood Bambu, you can eat tacos and drink margaritas with the neighborhood.

My Grandfather did not know how to cook, my Grandmother cooked for my Grandfather and he never learned how to cook. A lot of Cowboys never learn how to cook.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: January 06, 2023, 08:08:22 PM »

"Funerals are nature's greatest aphrodisiac."

I see single Bambu buying precooked pasta spooning sauce onto it then puzzling why the parmesan cheese won't come out of the canister.

lol
Don't like pasta, parmesan cheese, or any other Italian food except pizza.
Don't like noodles, spicy food of any type, coffee, tea...there's a long list of foods I don't like.

How did I just know this?

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: January 06, 2023, 09:45:08 PM »

Hahaha!

Pasta, al dente, EV olive oil, mushrooms, grated parmesan, Newman's Own, a few chickpeas and a shot of wine and a thimble of clarified butter = heaven.

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: January 06, 2023, 10:18:49 PM »

Frozen crumbed chicken breast pieces, ...by the best chicken co, in packet from supermarket, ...cooked in air fryer, gravy or ketchup, plus can of 'Coke No Sugar'...heaven.

Frozen battered or crumbed fish fillets...ditto....lemon instead of gravy.
Frozen beef meat pies, defrosted in microwave, then 'cooked' in air fryer...tomato sauce (ketchup), can of coke, yum.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 02:57:10 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: January 07, 2023, 12:16:23 PM »

What I learnt from YouTube today:

Brazil is a massive country.
It's population is 6th largest in the world, larger than Russia and Nigeria.....at 215 million.
It's land area is comparable to the size of mainland USA.
It takes up almost half of the entire South American continent.
It's northern most point is closer to Canada than it is to Brazil's southern most point.
It's Eastern most point is closer to the African continent than it is to its western most point.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: January 07, 2023, 02:21:52 PM »

I have a friend on Facebook who I met way back on the New York Times forums who is a doctor in Brazil, when I met her she was a student, and we hung out on the South America forum on the New York Times. Now she has been a doctor for 20 years in Brazil. Covid scared her bad, she was an emergency room doctor during Covid, she was right on the front lines, she was so scared, she thought she was going to die. The whole Corona crisis scared her bad. She has had a hard life, they made her a doctor who has to deal with people with Cancer, and AIDS, and then she had to deal with the Corona crisis. Fortunately she has seen improvements in medicine and more Cancer patients are surviving, and we have come a long way on the treatment of AIDS and the AIDS patients can survive now. And thanks to Dolly Parton and others we have made progress in the battle against the Corona crisis. And my friend in Brazil goes into the ghettos and she treats the poor people in Brazil.

On the New York Times forums I spent a lot of time trying to improve relations between Latin America and the USA. And President George W. Bush wanted to expand trade from the top of Alaska to the bottom of Chile. W. noted that we have some of the poorest people in the world right here in our own back yard in Latin America. W. traveled all over Latin America and tried to expand trade between the USA and Latin America.

We need to make our immigrants legal, we need to create a new immigration law which includes a Good Neighbor policy, and we need to expand trade between the USA and Latin America. We can also invest in the ports in Mexico, and we can send cheap goods from Mexico to the poor people of Kentucky, etc, using Mexican truck drivers, etc. And while we build schools in Kentucky, and while we educate and train the people of Kentucky for the jobs of the future, we can send the poor people of Kentucky cheap food and cheap goods from Mexico with Mexican truck drivers. We also need to build more trains, etc, to transport goods, etc.

I also support the United Farm Workers, and workers from Latin America are welcome to work in California with the United Farm Workers to help to grow and raise food, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 02:25:08 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: January 07, 2023, 03:34:55 PM »

Rio de Janeiro in Brazil is a good safe place for refugees to go live...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rio_de_Janeiro

And also Acapulco, in Mexico, is a good safe place for the refugees.

Rio, and Acapulco, are both Christian cities, with charitable services to help the refugees.

We have a record number of world-wide refugees right now, from Ukraine, Russia, Syria, Iran, and from other areas, and Rio and Acapulco can be on the list of good safe cities for the refugees to go live. We also have the people such as the people from the Philippines and from China who come to the West to do business and to work and for honest opportunities. One third of our population here in California are immigrants who were born in other nations. The people cannot all come to California, New York, Nevada, and to Florida, there has to be other places for the people to go, such as to Rio, and to Acapulco.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: January 07, 2023, 03:49:14 PM »

What I learnt ... todau.
Thaat your taste in food is worse than your politics. If such a thing is possible.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: January 07, 2023, 06:49:23 PM »

Rio, and Acapulco, are both Christian cities, with charitable services to help the refugees.

We have a record number of world-wide refugees right now, from Ukraine, Russia, Syria, Iran, and from other areas, and Rio and Acapulco can be on the list of good safe cities for the refugees to go live. We also have the people such as the people from the Philippines and from China who come to the West to do business and to work and for honest opportunities. One third of our population here in California are immigrants who were born in other nations. The people cannot all come to California, New York, Nevada, and to Florida, there has to be other places for the people to go, such as to Rio, and to Acapulco.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yes, everyone in the Middle East, Europe, Asia, Africa, Mexico, Central America, South America etc can't just up and move to America as refugees, immigrants.
Only people who would make America greater should be allowed in.
Things to be wary of with "refugees/immigrants" these days are that you don't allow your country to be turned into some of the basket case countries said "refugees/immigrants" originate from...you don't import "culture change", you don't import terrorists or their sympathisers, and you don't import people who would be a long term drain on the welfare system.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 07:15:29 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: January 07, 2023, 06:51:22 PM »

Bambu, the best British style Fish and Chips that I ever had was at Long John Silver's in Cocoa Beach, Florida.

https://www.ljsilvers.com/

They use locally caught seafood at all of their restaurants, and they serve their Fish and Chips with vinegar and tarter sauce and with ketchup for the fries ( Chips ).

Long John Silver's would be a huge success in Australia, just copy the Long John Silver's restaurant in Cocoa Beach, Florida, the same way that they copied the McDonald's from San Bernardino, California, McDonald's is all around the world now, I ate at a McDonald's in Rome, Italy. Australia could have Long John Silver's restaurants. My Grandmother worked at the original McDonald's in San Bernardino, and other successful restaurants can be copied the same way that they copied McDonald's.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: January 07, 2023, 06:59:07 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Yes, everyone in the Middle East, Europe, Asia, Africa, Mexico, Central America, South America etc can't just up and move to America as refugees, immigrants.
Things to be wary of with "refugees/immigrants" these days are that you don't allow your country to be turned into some of the basket case countries said "refugees/immigrants" originate from...you don't import "culture change", you don't import terrorists or their sympathisers, and you don't import people who would be a long term drain on the welfare system.

What we need to teach the immigrants in the USA is that ALL men are created with equal rights, everyone is equal and the same when it comes to human rights. And no one single group of immigrants is any more American than any other group, everyone is equal. And we need to feed and house everyone equally, and we need to educate the children equally, and we all need jobs, etc. We need to teach our new immigrants about the Civil Rights movement in the USA, and about the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and about the Civil Rights Act of 1968. We all have rights. Everyone is equal, and we all need food, and housing, and we all need access to a good job, etc.

And the churches help the homeless, like it says in Matthew 25; 31-46.

In Santa Clarita the 7th Day Adventists will help the homeless people.

In Rome the Catholics help the people.

In Utah the Mormons help you.

In Rio, and in Acapulco, the churches help the people.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: January 07, 2023, 07:06:36 PM »

The United Nations and the World Bank also help the refugees, along with the International Monetary Fund, etc. The refugees from Ukraine can get Business Loans, and Home Loans, etc, to get started in a new life in the place they choose.

I am sure they can get loans where they choose to live, such as in the USA, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, or wherever. And there are programs to help the refugees.

Plus the churches help the refugees, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 07:09:38 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: January 07, 2023, 07:31:42 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

What we need to teach the immigrants in the USA is that ALL men are created with equal rights, everyone is equal and the same when it comes to human rights. And no one single group of immigrants is any more American than any other group, everyone is equal. And we need to feed and house everyone equally, and we need to educate the children equally, and we all need jobs, etc. We need to teach our new immigrants about the Civil Rights movement in the USA, and about the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and about the Civil Rights Act of 1968. We all have rights. Everyone is equal, and we all need food, and housing, and we all need access to a good job, etc.

And the churches help the homeless, like it says in Matthew 25; 31-46.

In Santa Clarita the 7th Day Adventists will help the homeless people.

In Rome the Catholics help the people.

In Utah the Mormons help you.

In Rio, and in Acapulco, the churches help the people.

Salute,

Tony V.

Britain tried all that "Peace, love, harmony, tolerance, everyone in the world is a lovely person, ...come in come in, all welcome" multicultural nonsense.
The result, terror attacks in London...women and men hacked to death/run down on London bridges and hacked to death in the streets by one particular kind of terrorists.
There are so many people on the terror watch list in Britain now that there's no way they can all be watched.
Enter Brexit, taking the place back from the control of others.
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: January 07, 2023, 08:50:02 PM »

What I learnt from YouTube today:

Brazil is a massive country.
It's population is 6th largest in the world, larger than Russia and Nigeria.....at 215 million.
It's land area is comparable to the size of mainland USA.
It takes up almost half of the entire South American continent.
It's northern most point is closer to Canada than it is to Brazil's southern most point.
It's Eastern most point is closer to the African continent than it is to its western most point.

That fourth fact is just barely true, if you count Middle Island, in Lake Erie just north of Sandusky, Ohio, as part of Canada.  It still feels wrong, but the math doesn't lie. 

The sixth fact, omitted by you, is that Brazil nuts are not called Brazil nuts in Brazil.  Castanhas do para.

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: January 07, 2023, 09:17:41 PM »

Someone needs to make a movie about Eugene V. Debs, from back when you worked another day to get older and deeper in debt to the Pullman railroad car company, and for the coal miners, and for other jobs. For here locally then Cesar Chavez was a hero. Guys like Eugene V. Debs, and Cesar Chavez, and Jimmy Hoffa, and the Kennedy family, helped to make America what it is today. Even Bugsy contributed and Vegas is a major world city. Anyhow, the story of America would not be complete without telling about Eugene V. Debs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_V._Debs

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 566