Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119424 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2550 on: January 22, 2023, 08:11:23 PM »

If only the Romans had the Mighty Ducks. Their empire could have extended to the very poles of this earth.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: January 22, 2023, 10:22:31 PM »

In the future the people in America are going to be like the French, they will live with their parents until they are 40 years old, when they live on their own then they live in a tiny apartment, no one owns a car and they walk everywhere and ride bicycles, etc, and public transportation, etc. They are all thin because they cannot afford to eat enough to be fat. Plus there is the benefit of the Mediterranean Diet. And they grow grapes and they make their own wine so they always have cheap and abundant wine. And the French eat healthy and they grow their own food.  The French just need to quit smoking cigarettes.

And Americans will be like the Greeks, who are happy with good food, and good wine, and a good book, and with community theatre, and with a telescope the see the sky at night, etc.

We are also like the Romans, and our battles here are at Angel Stadium during the baseball games. And we have the Ducks hockey team.

Right now not very many Americans are out walking to the store, and to the post office, etc, but soon we will see a lot more people out walking, like the French, and like the Romans, and like the Greeks. Soon many Americans will be out walking.

Salute,

Tony V.

Is it safe to walk to the store?   safe to walk to the post office?  in daylight...I wouldn't be doing it anywhere after dark.
America is "Guns and God", whereas France and Italy are just "God".

A 17-year-old girl, Lisa McVey, was kidnapped at night as she rode her bicycle home after her shift at the diner.
Serial killer Bobby Joe Long [raped and murdered ten women in Tampa Bay in 1984]...got her [she lived, cunning girl].
"The bad people lurk in the shadows waiting to pounce, the moment you get security careless" - bambu

It's safer driving 'door to door'.
Go woke, go broke.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: January 22, 2023, 11:42:21 PM »

Davos Highlight

Al Gore warns, again, the Earth will not survive past 2012.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: January 23, 2023, 12:17:40 AM »

One third of Australians aged 15-24 identify as LGBTQIA+.
More males than females in the age group say they want to marry.

---Latest national survey says.

#####

And in America, is the trend the same?
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: January 23, 2023, 05:13:29 PM »

Yes bambu, it is safe to walk in Anaheim, and we have a great bus system, and we have trains that go to Los Angeles, etc. And it is safe to walk in Hollywood. Just be careful when riding the trains and the subways, and you may have to get up and walk to a different car to get away from bad people. For instance, there may be a bunch of bad guys sitting there on the train talking about prison experiences, and for me in an experience like that I will get up and change cars and go sit with nicer people. The trains and subways and buses need to have security guards.

But yes, it is safe to walk in Anaheim. And City planners need to make cities walkable, cities need to be planned with everything that the people need right there within walking distance in their community. I can walk to the pharmacy, and to the grocery store, and to anywhere I need to go, and then for longer trips I have the buses and trains, and the trains also take me to the Los Angeles International Airport so I can go anywhere in the world from here without a car.

And Fac, the Mighty Ducks are expanding and they are investing, two billion dollars is going to be spent in the neighborhood around the area where the Ducks play. It is going to be nice. And they are building a bunch of retirement housing in that area, it is going to be a great area for retired people. And the area is also close to UCI medical school, and Chapman film school. And right now the Angels baseball team is up for sale, and we need for good new owners to buy the Angels, we need for someone cool like Gwen Stefani to buy the Angels, Gwen can get her buddies in Las Vegas to team up with her to buy the Angels baseball team. And Anaheim needs to keep investing, and we need to make this place nice like Saint Augustine, Florida, and like Rome, Italy. And we need to bring in the best master craftsmen as we build, and the best designers, and the best architects, and the best landscapers, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: January 24, 2023, 02:05:08 PM »

Four billion dollars is going to be invested in Anaheim by where the Mighty Ducks play...

https://ktla.com/news/4-billion-anaheim-entertainment-district-to-transform-honda-center-area/

We need to bring in the best master craftsmen, and the best architects, and the best designers, and the best landscapers, etc, etc, etc, and we need to make Anaheim nice like Saint Augustine, Florida, and like Rome, Italy.

And as we get going with the improvement of Anaheim, then we need to keep going, and we need to make Anaheim as nice as we can. And there is also the work being done on Beach Blvd, etc. And we need to bring in a Barnes and Noble Bookstore, etc, I want for the Barnes and Noble to be Downtown by City Hall. There is a lot we can do here to make it nicer, and to make more money from tourism.

We also need to find a good new owner for the Angels, such as Gwen Stefani.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: January 24, 2023, 02:47:12 PM »

With the Angels baseball team, I wish they would show the games on Channel 5, KTLA, like in the old days when Gene Autry owned the team, Gene owned the Angels and he owned Channel 5, so Gene showed all of the Angel games on Channel 5.

And with Arte, he just needs to be honest with the people of the City of Anaheim instead of trying to pull a scam on the people. He needs to have some honor. After what he did I would like for him to sell the team, and I would like to see someone like Gwen Stefani buy the Angels, and she can get her friends in Las Vegas to invest in the Angels with her, and they can make money from sports betting in Vegas, etc. There are some very wealthy people in Vegas who could team up with Gwen Stefani to buy the Angels.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: January 24, 2023, 03:06:17 PM »

With the Angels baseball team, I wish they would show the games on Channel 5, KTLA, like in the old days when Gene Autry owned the team, Gene owned the Angels and he owned Channel 5, so Gene showed all of the Angel games on Channel 5.

And with Arte, he just needs to be honest with the people of the City of Anaheim instead of trying to pull a scam on the people. He needs to have some honor. After what he did I would like for him to sell the team, and I would like to see someone like Gwen Stefani buy the Angels, and she can get her friends in Las Vegas to invest in the Angels with her, and they can make money from sports betting in Vegas, etc. There are some very wealthy people in Vegas who could team up with Gwen Stefani to buy the Angels.

Salute,

Tony V.
Maybe she should move the team to Battle Mountain.

Though "Gwen Stefani should purchase the LA Angels" is the single most random thing I have seen all day. Good job.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: January 24, 2023, 06:19:28 PM »

As Mayor Bass helps the homeless people in Los Angeles then as the people are helped then some of the people can be trained so that they can help other homeless people, some of the homeless people can become managers of homeless shelters, and they can become councilors, etc. The homeless people can be trained so that they can help other homeless people.

And the homeless people all need to be helped the same, regardless of race, or sex, etc, everyone needs to helped equally, and the homeless, and the refugees, and the immigrants, can all live in the same housing and they can go to the same doctors and they can shop at the same grocery stores, etc, everyone needs to be helped equally, and then as they are helped they can be taught how to help other people.

We can build high density apartments like in Santorini, Greece, for the homeless, and they can have swimming pools and tennis courts, and they can work growing food, and making cheese, etc. Some good areas to put the homeless would be Battle Mountain, Nevada, and Napa, California, and Merced, California.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: January 24, 2023, 06:44:56 PM »

As Mayor Bass helps the homeless people in Los Angeles then as the people are helped then some of the people can be trained so that they can help other homeless people, some of the homeless people can become managers of homeless shelters, and they can become councilors, etc. The homeless people can be trained so that they can help other homeless people.

And the homeless people all need to be helped the same, regardless of race, or sex, etc, everyone needs to helped equally, and the homeless, and the refugees, and the immigrants, can all live in the same housing and they can go to the same doctors and they can shop at the same grocery stores, etc, everyone needs to be helped equally, and then as they are helped they can be taught how to help other people.

We can build high density apartments like in Santorini, Greece, for the homeless, and they can have swimming pools and tennis courts, and they can work growing food, and making cheese, etc. Some good areas to put the homeless would be Battle Mountain, Nevada, and Napa, California, and Merced, California.

Salute,

Tony V.

The homeless, really should be moved to somewhere outside the major cities, ecause what there are now, 'sewer' streets where homeless camps have taken over the landscape, even at city hall, and *thousands* of people on the streets dying from hunger/disease etc....if allowed to continue will eventually bury the city.
The streets of the cities should be taken back, and made pristeen again.
Why is it not done?...maybe it's a race/racism thing.
Maybe the sight of People of Color etc [who wouldn't relocate voluntarily, to the govt's army tent cities with food, heating/cooling, showers, doctors etc] being "tossed into the backs of trucks" is too much for the politicians to bear.
Time for every American person out of work to get $700per FN cash paid into their bank account..."unemployment benefit".

« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 06:50:25 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: January 24, 2023, 07:02:23 PM »

The problem in America is much greater;

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/they-should-be-gone-police-government-plan-to-dismantle-martin-place-camp-20170803-gxow4l.html

The state government is planning to dismantle a homeless camp at Martin Place for a second time, and police threaten to throw anyone who resists "in the back of a truck".

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/sydneys-tent-city-one-year-on-where-are-they-now/iscyxbr0v

Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: January 24, 2023, 07:09:06 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

The homeless, really should be moved to somewhere outside the major cities, ecause what there are now, 'sewer' streets where homeless camps have taken over the landscape, even at city hall, and *thousands* of people on the streets dying from hunger/disease etc....if allowed to continue will eventually bury the city.
The streets of the cities should be taken back, and made pristeen again.
Why is it not done?...maybe it's a race/racism thing.
Maybe the sight of People of Color etc [who wouldn't relocate voluntarily, to the govt's army tent cities with food, heating/cooling, showers, doctors etc] being "tossed into the backs of trucks" is too much for the politicians to bear.
Time for every American person out of work to get $700per FN cash paid into their bank account..."unemployment benefit".

We have some areas where we can have drug treatment camps, such as in Acton, and in Santa Clarita, and in Lake Hughes.

We also have some really nice old hotels such as the Park Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles that are sitting empty and we can put the homeless people in the great old hotels.

And can build housing in other areas such as Battle Mountain, Nevada, and such as Napa, and Merced, in California.

Maybe racism plays into the situation Bambu, the rich people in Beverly Hills are the Jews and Persians, and some of them help each other in their community but they do not help people outside of their community. For instance, maybe the Jews do not feel any obligation to feed the Mexicans, etc. We need to start viewing all Americans as being equal, and helping all Americans equal. Maybe racism is to blame in part for the problem of some people being outcast from society and left homeless on the streets alone and hungry.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 07:12:42 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: January 24, 2023, 07:15:37 PM »

And a simple little thing like a cheap shower and bed for the night would solve most of the problem, if people could go to a hostel and shower and sleep in a bed for $15 per night then that would solve a huge part of the problem of homelessness. If you can make enough money working at McDonald's to be able to afford a bed and a shower then people would be sleeping in a bed instead of being homeless.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: January 24, 2023, 07:24:23 PM »

Yes Bambu, after people are given help then they must not rebuild the tent cities.

We need to keep the streets clean once the people are removed.

But, it is important that the people have help available, and opportunities available. 

The mentally ill can get help, and the elderly, and the disabled, and then the able bodied people need to be able to grow food and to make cheese, etc, they need honest opportunities such as planting orange trees and picking oranges and making orange juice.

We can help the orphans when they are young to make sure that they go to college and to make sure that the orphans do not end up homeless.

And we can train the homeless to help other homeless people, we can get them trained to manage homeless shelters, and to be councilors, and they can run cheap hostels, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 07:26:31 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: January 24, 2023, 07:54:13 PM »

Some people here in America think that we should have equity in America from the work that our ancestors did building this nation. I agree that there is equity, but some of us just view the rewards of the equity differently.

Some people want welfare and free housing.

But not me, I want for the rewards of the hard work of my ancestors to create opportunities and blessings for all men, for instance our ancestors built 1,500 dams in California to help to support our agriculture and our population with water. I want for all Californians to benefit and to have plentiful water to grow food and to water our lawns and to have swimming pools in the desert, etc. That is equity right there, being able to grow food thanks to the water our ancestors provided is equity, and I support that. And working hard for generations to increase tourism is equity when the people can sell stuff to the tourists in order to survive. When we receive 50,000 tourists per day in Anaheim then that is equity as we sell stuff to the tourists and as we entertain and feed the tourists. And now that Las Vegas is one of the fastest growing cities in the world, with a great economy, which it went to from just being wide open desert, that is equity, they turned the desert out in the middle of nowhere into a great successful city, that is equity. 

The new generation of Americans can build high speed trains to build equity in America for future generations. Etc.

And may God bless all of the people who choose to help the homeless people. Having a community like the Mental Health Association in Santa Ana is equity, they built that up to help all of the people here. Having a safety net to catch you when you need help is equity.

There are many ways we have equity here from our ancestors.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 07:57:56 PM by FlyingVProd »
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 566