Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119328 times)

LarryB!

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2670 on: February 09, 2023, 11:56:07 AM »

So last month group of twelve students from Our Lady of the Rosary High School in Greenville, S.C., visited the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum after attending the March for Life in Washington on January 20.
They wore blue beanie hats reading Rosary Pro-Life. Two guards and a  uniformed supervisor told the kids that the museum was a neutral zone and they needed to remove their hats or leave.
The kids,  aware of the Bill of Rights did not back down and left.

Immediately the Smithsonian put the  employees through a retraining .

Is there a political  test for hiring at the Smithsonian?
Evidently there was one for visitors.

I can just imagine the ensuing furor had those students been sporting caps with different messages.

Fucking snowflakes.

LOOK AT ME I AM LOUD AND PROUD!

Take off your hats or leave.

WAAAAHHHHHHH!

WE GOONA BE LIKE NICK SANDMANN!

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: February 09, 2023, 12:12:53 PM »

So last month group of twelve students from Our Lady of the Rosary High School in Greenville, S.C., visited the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum after attending the March for Life in Washington on January 20.
They wore blue beanie hats reading Rosary Pro-Life. Two guards and a  uniformed supervisor told the kids that the museum was a neutral zone and they needed to remove their hats or leave.
Liar. If the kids were "aware of the Bill of Rights" they would surely know it does not apply to a private organization like the Smithsonian you idiot PROVEN LIAR.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: February 09, 2023, 12:37:35 PM »

Liar. If the kids were "aware of the Bill of Rights" they would surely know it does not apply to a private organization like the Smithsonian you idiot PROVEN LIAR.
Wrong.
The Smithsonian was created by Act of Congress.
The Institution, established in 1846, is governed by a board of regents which, by law, is composed of the vice president of the United States, the chief justice of the United States, three members of the Senate, three members of the House of Representatives and nine citizen members. The chief justice of the United States has traditionally served as chancellor of the Smithsonian.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: February 09, 2023, 01:32:14 PM »

Wrong.
The Institution, established in 1846, is governed by a board of regents which, by law, is composed of the vice president of the United States, the chief justice of the United States, three members of the Senate, three members of the House of Representatives and nine citizen members. The chief justice of the United States has traditionally served as chancellor of the Smithsonian.

Chief Justice?
Now there is a fine upstanding official.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: February 09, 2023, 01:34:06 PM »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: February 09, 2023, 01:58:30 PM »

Now that I know where Chapman film school is, I need to go back there and put my own flyers on the bulletin boards, I need to make a flyer for what I need, telling them that I need help to make a movie and that I have a great script, and also put on the flyer that I have a poetry book that I need to publish, and also tell them that I need a tutor to put Final Draft on my Apple Laptop and to teach me how to use it, etc. I can make a flyer and go put it on their message boards at the film school. It could not hurt.

The film students love great movie scripts, and a great script is rare, it is rare to find good writers in Hollywood. One Cinematographer who read my script, Paul Maibaum ( He worked on a lot of television shows, including "Sons Of Anarchy." ) said that he would love to shoot my movie and that it is one of the most original projects that he has seen in years. The students are searching for good scripts the same way that a Gold miner seeks Gold. My script is Gold.

So, I know where the film school is now, and I need to make a flyer and go put it on their bulletin boards. I also need to go to Staples and make some copies of my movie script, and of my poetry book, people need real copies on paper.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: February 09, 2023, 03:10:59 PM »

Immediately the Smithsonian put the  employees through a retraining .

Is there a political  test for hiring at the Smithsonian?
Evidently there was one for visitors.

I can just imagine the ensuing furor had those students been sporting caps with different messages.

This is what happens when schools/teachers drag students into politics, "politics in public" if you like.
Using students as pawns in political/ideological agendas is very wrong.
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: February 09, 2023, 05:52:09 PM »

Wrong.

It's a public/private partnership, cofounded with a large donation from a British scientist and still partly supported by private money.  I used to be a member.
As a trust instrumentality, it's not actually a part of any of the three branches of government.

So their facilities do not constitute a venue for public demonstration by political groups.  Personally, I would have given the hats a pass if the kids were well behaved, and skipped gassing up the media outrage machine.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: February 09, 2023, 07:40:42 PM »

There is a movie "Sullivan's Travels" where a rich movie producer goes out to experience what it is like to be homeless, and I had a rich friend like that, she was born rich, and she helped the homeless, and she wanted to go see what it would be like to be homeless and to sleep at a homeless shelter. A movie could be made to show the world what it is like to be homeless. And the movie can have lovable characters like Ratso Rizzo. With hot babes like Veronica Lake, all movies need to have beautiful women.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: February 09, 2023, 08:19:10 PM »

I was in an acting class in community college and we were instructed to do a scene of something private. I brought in an old fashioned shaving stand like from the Cowboy days and I shaved. But, there was a Laker Girl in our class, and she changed clothes to the song "You Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC, she undressed down to a G-string, and then she dressed up sexy like she was ready to go party at a club in Hollywood, it was very sexy, for the rest of my life when I hear that song I will remember that Laker Girl in acting class. 

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: February 09, 2023, 08:28:51 PM »

Sometimes I feel we should charge by the hour

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: February 09, 2023, 08:52:05 PM »

Doctors Without Borders/Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)

2 hours

Syria has the highest number of internally displaced people in the world, 2.4 million of whom receive humanitarian aid through the Bab Al-Hawa crossing point each month. As the only open humanitarian entry point into northwest Syria, Bab Al-Hawa must remain open in order to keep the flow of aid going and meet the growing needs in the region. For millions of people, this crossing point is crucial, as there is no viable alternative to accessing food, water, or health care.

-----

Nevada is safe and cheap.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: February 09, 2023, 09:14:01 PM »

Wrong.

It's a public/private partnership, cofounded with a large donation from a British scientist and still partly supported by private money.  I used to be a member.
As a trust instrumentality, it's not actually a part of any of the three branches of government.

So their facilities do not constitute a venue for public demonstration by political groups.  Personally, I would have given the hats a pass if the kids were well behaved, and skipped gassing up the media outrage machine.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: February 10, 2023, 12:14:33 AM »

Wrong.

Your membership would have provided perks like a magazine, dining privileges at various locations, etc.
The Smithsonian is a federal government entity and a 501c(3) charitable organization. Donations such as memberships can be tax deductible.

So their facilities do not constitute a venue for public demonstration by political groups.
Wrong Smithsonian facilities belong to all American Citizens  who collectively pay over a $Billion dollars a year in taxes to finance over 2/3rds of its budget.
The debate in previous posts concerned free speech within the museums confines, a protection of the US Constitution, and certainly a given in a taxpayer funded building housing a government entity.
Personally, I would have given the hats a pass if the kids were well behaved, and skipped gassing up the media outrage machine

Fortunately the Founding Fathers relieved you of that responsibility 230 odd years ago.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 566