Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119360 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2700 on: February 12, 2023, 08:02:11 PM »

In the days of the Roman Empire if you went in and started feeding the hungry people, and if you started educating the poor, then those in power might be afraid that you are trying to steal power away from them and they will view you as a competitor. The people who feed the hungry, and who educate the poor, become very powerful in their community. And leaders who help the poor are always loved by the people.

The best way to help the homeless and to improve our society is by feeding the poor, and by getting them into homes. And even a hostel with a bed and a shower for $15 per night would be far superior to allowing people to sleep on the sidewalk. And we need to make every human being feel like an important part of our community. And you do not go in with cops and arrest everyone, but instead you feed the people and the people will come to you to eat. If you feed them a McDonald's hamburger then they will love you forever. And while the people are eating then you sign them up for all of the programs, and get them into housing, and get them medical care, etc.

And then as people get into housing, then we can train them for the jobs of the future, and can provide books, and an education to the people. I support at least giving free Community College to every American. And I support a good library in every neighborhood.

In the old days in America the men were the masters of industry, while their wives all did charity work, never underestimate the power that the wives had in early America, the wives were helping the poor and they were doing things to help the community, the men made the money and the wives gave the money away to charity. We need for the wives to donate colleges and libraries in the poor parts of Kentucky, etc.

And of course I expect Biden to help the USA and Kentucky on the issue of education and helping the homeless, and so far it looks like Biden supports educating people and getting them into housing. Biden also supports building high speed trains.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: February 12, 2023, 10:38:12 PM »

On the issue of Black actors, my friend Brandy cleaned houses with Cuba Gooding Jr when they were both starving in Hollywood, and when Cuba won his Oscar then my friend Brandy said it could not have happened to a nicer guy. She said Cuba Gooding Jr is a really cool guy. And Cuba lived in Apple Valley for a while where Roy Rogers lived. I also liked the movie where he played the deep sea diver.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: February 13, 2023, 04:04:50 AM »

On my tv 'current affairs' program 'The Bolt Report 'on Sky News now:

SuperBowl goes woke with two anthems

#####

One the "unofficial Black anthem" sung by the lovely Black lady in red.

Native Americans are 'First Peoples', they should get their own anthem and flag, and demand they take pride of place too...well everybody else is doing it!

Idris Elba ...para:  "I stopped calling myself 'a Black actor' when I realised [by doing so] I was putting myself in a box".
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 04:14:54 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: February 13, 2023, 10:54:00 AM »

"Have it cocked and ready to fire at all times."

"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: February 13, 2023, 02:30:59 PM »

You never know who might be lurking in an MRI room. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: February 13, 2023, 03:16:03 PM »

I have a Black friend who worked the sound at Universal Studios for the theme park shows, his name is Keith Evans, and he helped to do the sound on the movie "Jurassic Park" and he worked with Spielberg. When I first started on my project and when it looked like Hugh Hefner was going to put up the money to make my movie, I contacted Keith Evans to see if he would do the Sound on my movie, my movie is a movie with a lot of music and having a great Sound Engineer is very important, and so I contacted Keith Evans. Keith thanked me for remembering him, and he said that he would love to do the Sound on my movie. Unfortunately I could not follow through on getting my movie made, it got stuck trying to get the Director, after Hef was already going to put up the money, then Hef backed out. But, I still have the script.

Anyhow, if you want to support Black people in the movie industry, then hire Keith Evans to do the Sound on your movie, he is a cool guy, and he is a Pro who worked with Spielberg. And he lives local here in Hollywood.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 03:18:58 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: February 13, 2023, 05:26:15 PM »

One in the chambrr and the safety on.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: February 13, 2023, 06:05:28 PM »

One in the chambrr and the safety on.

Missing the point here

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: February 13, 2023, 06:08:18 PM »

Norfolk Southern has a history of lobbying against safety regulations. The publicly traded company, which has a market value of $55 billion, fought the Federal Railroad Administrations push to upgrade the Civil War era brake system that remains widely used in American trains, and against stricter rules on the transport of hazardous materials. (Meanwhile, its employees still lack guaranteed sick leave.)

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/norfolk-southern-giving-25-000-200000640.html

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: February 13, 2023, 09:56:33 PM »

Israel threw away democracy a long time ago

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: February 13, 2023, 11:22:12 PM »

Israel is "the Jews' last stand".
After the murderous horrors, barbaric torture etc of Jews in WW2...they've obviously decided to look after themselves first in this world. because nobody else will.
Which is all fair enough.
Israel decided long ago that it would build "fortress Israel".
Good move.
Go woke, go broke.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: February 13, 2023, 11:29:48 PM »

Something tells me Jesus would Not  spend millions of dollars on Super Bowl ads to make fascism look benign.

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez criticizing  2023 Super Bowl ads from a non profit group called He Gets Us a movement to reintroduce people to the Jesus of the Bible and his  love and forgiveness.
The ads ask

What if we tried to love our enemies the way Jesus loved his? How would it change the tenor of our conflicts and our conversations?

AOC never explains  what the link is to fascism(if any).
But she does show total ignorance of Capitalism.
The ad cost $7 million and reached a Super Bowl audience of 113 million.
Ergo the cost per  thousand people who saw it was about 62$. Well within the range of any Super Bowl ad.
But.
Thanks to AOC running her mouth the ad will live on via YouTube, Twitter,. et al infinitum making the ad even more economical.

LOL!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 11:32:35 PM by Espnthree »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: February 13, 2023, 11:40:00 PM »

Jesus is tearing down the temple of you white Christian nationalists. That is why he so abundantly blesses President Biden in all his efforts along with democracy, equality and liberation movements both in the United States and around the world.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: February 14, 2023, 01:31:32 AM »

Jesus is tearing down the temple of you white Christian nationalists. That is why he so abundantly blesses President Biden in all his efforts along with democracy, equality and liberation movements both in the United States and around the world.

You're welcome to your non White-majority run countries...like in Africa, Middle East, Mexico, Central America, South America, India/Pakistan, Asia etc.
When you rid the world of White people, best of luck with your massively overpopulated etc globe.
Luckily, I won't be around to suffer it.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 01:34:02 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 566