Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119327 times)

LarryB!

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2910 on: February 27, 2023, 11:02:51 PM »

I like reading the things Tony posts here in this "News In General" thread...about CA, America, and his personal life.

It's not like the forum resembles New York City at rush hour.
I can't see how a forum member's posting what they're eating to keep warm in the freezing cold in America today hurts anything...'caring and sharing'.

I'd be interested to know how all forum members are keeping warm...how they're heating their homes....how they're moving around/commuting on the icy/snow laden roads.

When someone posts 10-20 times a day in one forum, on off topic material, most websites define this as "using the forum for your own personal blog," and invite you to go start a blog somewhere.  It's not that blogs can't be interesting, it's that this forum is a DISCUSSION FORUM, rather than Tony's Lifestyle and Hot Takes Magazine.  I know at least three former members who participated in this politics thread who left (and who contributed to a real discourse on issues of the day) due to this personal blog problem.  They had no interest in a thread dominated by stoner postings that endlessly repeat the same half dozen fact-impaired rants and vineyard pipe dreams and drown out a real conversation.  How long do you think political chat would last if everyone here started matching Tony's verbal output with which models they find hot, their favorite canned food, their favorite ethnic stereotype,  how their religious beliefs will save the world, five hundred word essays on every celebrity actor who farted within their earshot, and inane Chauncey Gardner truisms on how you need water to grow crops and good soil.  FUCKING REALLY??  Water, good soil?  Who knew?  Fucking genius!!  Catch rain IN RESERVOIRS?? Holy fucking shit, call the Nobel committee in Stockholm!!
I think Oilcan has hit the wall of Biden fatigue.
There is no one left in here to defend his  incompetence.
Worse, the left cannot find anyone to replace him.

Replace Biden?
Why?

He is crushing it!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: February 28, 2023, 01:17:21 AM »

Don Lemon, black man...giving advice to black people:

"Black people, if you really want to fix the problem...
Here are just 5 things you should think about doing:

No 5: Pull up your pants.
No 4: Stop using the N word.
No 3: Respect where you live. Start small by not dropping trash/littering in your own community.
No 2: Finish school. Stop telling kids they're 'acting white' because they go to school or speak proper english.
No 1: Just because you can have a baby, it doesn't mean you should.

Don Lemon, black man...giving advice to black people:

"Black people, if you really want to fix the problem...
Here are just 5 things you should think about doing:

No 5: Pull up your pants.
No 4: Stop using the N word.
No 3: Respect where you live. Start small by not dropping trash/littering in your own community.
No 2: Finish school. Stop telling kids they're 'acting white' because they go to school or speak proper english.
No 1: Just because you can have a baby, it doesn't mean you should.
N

Wow! That is a sentiment NO ONE HAS EVER THOUGHT BEFORE!

Groundbreaking.

Black comedians are still using the N word, and according to Don Lemon are doing so because they're saying they're reclaiming it.
No one much is doing the 5 things...so nothing much is changing?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 10:12:19 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: February 28, 2023, 09:50:10 AM »

I like reading the things Tony posts here in this "News In General" thread...about CA, America, and his personal life.

It's not like the forum resembles New York City at rush hour.
I can't see how a forum member's posting what they're eating to keep warm in the freezing cold in America today hurts anything...'caring and sharing'.

I'd be interested to know how all forum members are keeping warm...how they're heating their homes....how they're moving around/commuting on the icy/snow laden roads.

When someone posts 10-20 times a day in one forum, on off topic material, most websites define this as "using the forum for your own personal blog," and invite you to go start a blog somewhere.  It's not that blogs can't be interesting, it's that this forum is a DISCUSSION FORUM, rather than Tony's Lifestyle and Hot Takes Magazine.  I know at least three former members who participated in this politics thread who left (and who contributed to a real discourse on issues of the day) due to this personal blog problem.  They had no interest in a thread dominated by stoner postings that endlessly repeat the same half dozen fact-impaired rants and vineyard pipe dreams and drown out a real conversation.  How long do you think political chat would last if everyone here started matching Tony's verbal output with which models they find hot, their favorite canned food, their favorite ethnic stereotype,  how their religious beliefs will save the world, five hundred word essays on every celebrity actor who farted within their earshot, and inane Chauncey Gardner truisms on how you need water to grow crops and good soil.  FUCKING REALLY??  Water, good soil?  Who knew?  Fucking genius!!  Catch rain IN RESERVOIRS?? Holy fucking shit, call the Nobel committee in Stockholm!!
I think Oilcan has hit the wall of Biden fatigue.
Liar.
There is no one left in here to defend his
Liar.
incompetence.
Liar.
Worse, the left cannot find anyone to replace him.
Liar.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: February 28, 2023, 11:57:21 AM »

Groundbreaking.

LoL.  Tony and Bambi are the world's foremost armchair problem-solvers.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: February 28, 2023, 01:49:16 PM »

When we have problems in the world, then the problems create the opportunity for good people to solve the problems. I love to help to make the world a better place, and the tools that God gave me to help our planet are this computer, and my brain. And posting ideas here with you guys, and discussing things, helps to filter ideas and helps to strengthen the good ideas.

And the highest level on Maslow's Hierarchy of Human Needs is when you can solve problems, when you can use your imagination and your vision to solve problems then you are living on the highest level.

And for the Entertainment Industry everything is about imagination and fantasy.

"...And then he has won, through his fantasy he has achieved that which before he had only in fantasy; wealth, honor, and the love of women." - Sanford Meisner who got it from Freud.

And also with the Entertainment Industry is that we can change how people think and feel, and thus we can change how people behave.

Of note too, is that if I was rich like Rick Caruso then I would be helping people here in Los Angeles and we would not have 60,000 homeless people, and Rick Caruso can still help the homeless if he wants to, even though he did not win as Mayor of Los Angeles. If I was rich then I would be helping the poor and the needy and I would be helping to make the world a kinder and more gentle place. ( And that too is why it is important for the companies here to be locally owned and altruistic, we need for Apple to buy Sony Studios, and we can send Sony to Canada. We need a company that will help the homeless here in Los Angeles and that will help the community and which will create jobs for local workers and which will send a good message out to the world, and which will help us to get our own personal vision out into the world. Apple needs to buy the Sony Studio in Culver City. )

And I send ideas to Mayor Bass. I am trying to help.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 02:24:35 PM by FlyingVProd »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: February 28, 2023, 02:25:17 PM »

When we have problems in the world, then the problems create the opportunity for good people to solve the problems. I love to help to make the world a better place, and the tools that God gave me to help our planet are this computer, and my brain. And posting ideas here with you guys, and discussing things, helps to filter ideas and helps to strengthen the good ideas.

And the highest level on Maslow's Hierarchy of Human Needs is when you can solve problems, when you can use your imagination and your vision to solve problems then you are living on the highest level.

And for the Entertainment Industry everything is about imagination and fantasy.

"...And then he has won, through his fantasy he has achieved that which before he had only in fantasy; wealth, honor, and the love of women." - Sanford Meisner who got it from Freud.

And also with the Entertainment Industry is that we can change how people think and feel, and thus we can change how people behave.

Of note too, is that if I was rich like Rick Caruso then I would be helping people here in Los Angeles and we would not have 60,000 homeless people, and Rick Caruso can still help the homeless if he wants to, even though he did not win as Mayor of Los Angeles. If I was rich then I would be helping the poor and the needy and I would be helping to make the world a kinder and more gentle place.

And I send ideas to Mayor Bass. I am trying to help.

Salute,

Tony V.
I am reminded of an old Peter Cook / Dudley Moore skit, in which Moore was interviewing Cook, who claimed to have stopped WWII.

PC: I was against it, you know.

DM: Yes, I think we all were.

PC: Yes, but I did something about it. I wrote a letter.  "Dear sirs: Stop it."

DM: Thank God you wrote.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: February 28, 2023, 02:38:12 PM »

I had a wonderful History Professor at AVC who was from Haiti, she was a Black woman from Haiti who taught United States History, and she taught me that the most powerful person in America is Me, our Government is there to serve the People, the People have the power in America.

And part of how we run the USA is with the Arena of Ideas, people put their ideas into the Arena of Ideas, and we mull it over, and the good ideas come into fruition. The ideas come from We the People, and we have a Government of our Representatives.

So, when I write to our politicians, then I am writing to our Public Servants who are servants of We the People.

My History Professor was friends with Rosa Parks, and she brought Rosa Parks to AVC to speak.

We the People have the power, so when I write to Biden and to Harris then I am writing to our Public Servants. That was the message my History Professor most wanted me to learn from her Class.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: February 28, 2023, 03:24:53 PM »

So now I am reminded of Hotspur responding to Owen Glendower boasting he could call spirits from the vasty deep: Why, so can I or so can any man. But will they come when you do call for them?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: February 28, 2023, 03:26:08 PM »

My autocorrect does not like Shakespearean language.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: February 28, 2023, 03:51:11 PM »

My History Professor is still alive, she lives and teaches in New York now, she lectures at Columbia University, Dr Marks Ellis.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/annette-marks-ellis-56232b212?original_referer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

She is an expert on the Great Depression, she studied the Causes of the Great Depression, she studied the Great Depression itself, and then she studied what was done to help the USA to come out of the Great Depression, and then she studied steps that were taken to help to make sure that we never have another Great Depression.

My family came to California during the Great Depression, and my History Professor loved to hear my stories that were passed down in my family from people who were here during the Great Depression. FDR was her favorite President, she spent a lot of time studying FDR.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 04:16:55 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: February 28, 2023, 04:22:10 PM »

Groundbreaking.

LoL.  Tony and Bambi are the world's foremost armchair problem-solvers.

Not bambu on Tucker Carlson with his "5 things for change" advice for Black people wanting change/ a better life themselves and their children.
It was learned, wise and handsome Black man Don Lemon.
He was speaking 'perfect'/ 'proper' english...not 'Black' english like "wachoo" etc.

bambu's solution for homelessness in American cities would fix the problem *overnight*...not in 10 years.
The streets of the cities would once again be "clean and pristine".
Permanent and regular patrols would keep them like that.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 07:18:48 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: February 28, 2023, 07:08:41 PM »

UPDATE!

FBI director says COVID pandemic most likely originated from Chinese lab
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-director-says-covid-pandemic-most-likely-originated-chinese-lab

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: February 28, 2023, 07:54:46 PM »

UPDATE!

FBI director says COVID pandemic most likely originated from Chinese lab
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-director-says-covid-pandemic-most-likely-originated-chinese-lab

Yeah, so?

Meanwhile in context:

Trump said that he believed the virus was under control. He also said he had confidence in the Chinese government to be transparent.

We have it under control. It is going to be just fine.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 07:58:58 PM by LarryB! »
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 566