Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119469 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2940 on: March 01, 2023, 03:28:24 PM »

It took the US Government with a bevy of epidemiologists and micro biologists to finally open up the debate. Why do you argue against seeking the truth?

Bullshit.  It wasn't epidemiologists who opened up this faux debate.  (see previous posts here)

As NPR reported today....(quotation marks replaced with word quote)

According to the federal government, low confidence means quote the information used in the analysis is scant, questionable, fragmented, or that solid analytical conclusions cannot be inferred from the information.unquote

But at the end of the day, the origin of the pandemic is also a scientific question. Virologists who study pandemic origins are much less divided than the U.S. intelligence community. They say there is quote very convincing unquote data and quote overwhelming evidence unquote pointing to an animal origin.

In particular, scientists published two extensive, peer-reviewed papers in Science in July 2022, offering the strongest evidence to date that the COVID-19 pandemic originated in animals at a market in Wuhan, China. Specifically, they conclude that the coronavirus most likely jumped from a caged wild animal into people at the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market, where a huge COVID-19 outbreak began in December 2019...
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: March 01, 2023, 03:31:08 PM »

REPOST OF EARLIER COMMENT, FOR CLARIFYING POSITION

There has been an attempt to discredit that theory of origin, which I have  never understood. To me we should want to know where the origin was. And we should also protest to the country, China in this case, that trying to cover this up, because that delayed our ability to respond to the pandemic, she said.

Lie.  No one in science is trying to discredit a theory.  At the moment, what slender data there is more supports the spillover theory.  To hold one theory stronger than another is not the same as trying to debunk a theory with prejudice towards it.  Data is always scarce where an authoritarian dictatorship is in charge of the area under study,  and many scientists (widely quoted) have pointed out we may never definitely prove any theory.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: March 01, 2023, 04:07:25 PM »

Even Joe Biden wants all theories examined.
What are YOU scared of?

« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 04:32:53 PM by Espnthree »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: March 01, 2023, 04:21:44 PM »

Even Joe Biden want all theories examined.
What are YOU scared of?

So long as we can all agree that trump and his groping treasonous acolytes, many still holding republican seats in Congress or perverting the federal bench, killed grandma, a healthy debate about the origin of the virus republicans first neglected and still actively spread is a potentially useful line of inquiry.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: March 01, 2023, 04:46:04 PM »

The world was my oyster?
Being fluent in Shakespeare would've made not one iota of difference to my post-school life.

My high school education was a dismal failure.
They had me for 6 years, one year repeated
They taught me nothing useful.
French...long way to Paris.
Latin...only good for doctors.
They should've taught me cooking and self sufficiency.
I was totally unprepared for life after school.

I would've been better off leaving school at 'primary' level, age 12, and being home schooled in basic english, basic maths, geography, basic history, ...latin, french, maths 1, maths 2, chemistry, physics were useless to me in the real world of employment.

Parallel lines, a square, a rectangle, a triangle, a right angle...all I needed to know.
"There is a solar system, stars, planets and meteors...simple science.
This is called a wheel, and is man's greatest invention."
Only 20% of students went to university, they were usually from the "A" class, some from "B" class.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 08:08:15 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: March 01, 2023, 04:48:37 PM »

What are YOU scared of?
Liar. What oil said is perfectly clear, and that aint it.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: March 01, 2023, 04:59:45 PM »

We need to support Human Rights globally, including in El Salvador.

https://www.hrw.org/americas/el-salvador

When I was homeless here in Los Angeles, I wandered into a neighborhood by Lafayette Park, and I was poor, and hungry. The neighborhood was full of people from El Salvador and I wandered into a restaurant that was owned by a family from El Salvador. I told them that I was hungry but that I did not have any money and I asked if I could wash dishes in exchange for a meal. The family there sat me down at a table, and they started bringing me food, and they brought out photo albums and they showed me photos from El Salvador, and they told me stories about the Civil War in El Salvador, etc. They were very nice, generous people, the food was great, and it was wonderful how they treated me so nice, they fed me and showed me pictures and they told me stories.

Eleanor Roosevelt wanted a Universal Bill of Human Rights for ALL people in the Human Family, and we need to support good human rights for the people of El Salvador.

On the issue of the gangs, Los Angeles is full of gangs, just ask the folks at Homeboy Industries, and the reason why the people from El Salvador formed gangs here was to defend themselves from the Bloods and from the Crips and from other gangs in Los Angeles. The Black gangs in Los Angeles are some of the most violent gangs on Earth, so the people from El Salvador formed gangs in Los Angeles to defend themselves from the other gangs.

We need to support the ACLU locally, and the United Nations and the World Bank and others need to work to preserve Human Dignity and to support good Human Rights for the people in El Salvador.

And we need to support Father Boyle and Homeboy Industries in Los Angeles. Father Boyle can teach the people of El Salvador how to restore Human Rights and Dignity to the people of El Salvador. Freedom of Religion is a Human Right, and Father Boyle can teach the people how to save El Salvador.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 05:13:04 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: March 01, 2023, 05:04:12 PM »

The most important thing Bambu is that you actually CARE, and you are genuine, we do not have to guess what you are trying to say. A lot of people in the world do not even care about the suffering of others or the state of affairs. At Kiwanis International we would accept you because you care, and you are real, and those are the kind of people Kiwanis needs.

And you never know, you might have secret fans here on Elba. A lot of people read but never post.

Salute,

Tony V.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: March 01, 2023, 05:21:51 PM »

What are YOU scared of?
I will not blame you for his ignorance.
Your judgement is another matter.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: March 01, 2023, 05:25:39 PM »

I have here now in my hand a book titled:

"The Complete Works of William Shakespeare".

'Copyright 1974
.......Holloway Rd, London
Great Britain.
Printed in Romania."

Don't know where it came from, think I inherited it.
Looks impressive in the little book case.  lol
No good to me, might be able to sell it online..."you send the money, then I'll send the book".
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: March 01, 2023, 05:28:43 PM »

What are YOU scared of?

If it came from a lab you will have eaten just as much horse paste and your brain will still have deteriorated just as unrecoverably, your judgement and competence remain as questionable and negligible as ever. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: March 01, 2023, 05:35:50 PM »

Kudos all around to the blacks of Chicago who dumped the worst Mayor in its history.
The DEI movement was also exposed as a fraud.
If the voters send the Chicago Teachers Union a similar message and vote for meritocracy in the runoff the city may survive.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: March 01, 2023, 05:42:17 PM »

Another big waste of time is trying to ascertain how Covid 19 came about...and expecting there to be any benefit in the discovery. China will simply "deny, deny, deny", put an opposing view, and seeing as how  China and its best buddy Russia basically run the UN, the whole thing will end in nothing but misery.
Also trade sanctions by China, as ScoMo and co found out in Australia.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: March 01, 2023, 05:48:00 PM »

I have here now in my hand a book titled:

"The Complete Works of William Shakespeare".

'Copyright 1974
.......Holloway Rd, London
Great Britain.
Printed in Romania."

Don't know where it came from, think I inherited it.
Looks impressive in the little book case.  lol
No good to me, might be able to sell it online..."you send the money, then I'll send the book".

The people in Psychology Class study Shakespeare and they study the characters, and other stuff, there are Mental Illnesses which are named after Greek Plays such as the Oedipus Complex, etc. It was fun to study Psychology with artists. And I used to analyze the characters from the movies in Film Class, etc.

I cannot believe that it has been so long since I attended school, all of a sudden I am getting older and life has passed. But, I am grateful for my education and for having had so many wonderful teachers.

And sometimes I thought it would be fun to move to Santorini, Greece, and live like Aristotle, with a library and a school with people to study with, we could explore the questions of the universe. Just drink wine, eat Mediterranean food, and study and do plays in the amphitheatre, etc. There can be beautiful women there to have sex with, and all of the great books, and great films with a nice theatre. I could marry a local girl from Greece, or from Italy.

But alas, keep the book Bambu, you never know when you might want to read it.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: March 01, 2023, 05:57:52 PM »

What are YOU scared of?
Liar.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 567