Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119415 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #3045 on: March 08, 2023, 02:54:52 PM »

Times have changed, and America has changed, if we were the way we are today back then then we never would have put a man on the moon, and as a nation we were desperate to put a man on the moon before the Russians, not only did we want to put a man on the moon, but we wanted to do it before the Russians. Now, no one would even care. And Elon Musk is not a real American, he is South African. People are not going to rally behind Elon Musk the same way that people rallied behind John F. Kennedy.

Our Space Program was great at one time. I look at pictures of our old astronauts from our space program and it makes me proud, those were good wholesome heroes who the kids could have as role models.

I had a step dad who was a supervisor on the Space Shuttle Program, he was an abusive asshole, but it was great to be around all of the people from the Shuttle Program, and to get to go spend time in Cape Canaveral in Florida, it was great. Our Shuttle program was fun, and it made me proud as an American.

But there is no pride anymore, and no one gives a shit about Elon Musk.

I guess we are entering a world where we can do space projects as an international team of scientists, etc, and it does not need to be a source of National Pride like when we sent men to the moon. We can work together as a team with the Chinese and others to put men on Mars, etc. And I do not like Elon Musk, and he is not an American, but it does not matter anymore, times have changed, and the space program is no longer about being a source of National Pride.

Salute,

Tony V.

"Team Chinese", interesting idea.

Yes, no one seems to care anymore, they shout that the American flag is racist....and that the flags of other nations are better to fly....the nations they came from.
Have a look what happens on Cinco de Mayo...and wear an American flag shirt to school in blue state California and see what happens to you in your own country.

Patriotism in America today is frowned upon, called 'white nationalism', 'white supremacy', 'racism'?

« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 03:10:11 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: March 08, 2023, 03:04:57 PM »

Times have changed, and America has changed, if we were the way we are today back then then we never would have put a man on the moon, and as a nation we were desperate to put a man on the moon before the Russians, not only did we want to put a man on the moon, but we wanted to do it before the Russians. Now, no one would even care. And Elon Musk is not a real American, he is South African. People are not going to rally behind Elon Musk the same way that people rallied behind John F. Kennedy.

Our Space Program was great at one time. I look at pictures of our old astronauts from our space program and it makes me proud, those were good wholesome heroes who the kids could have as role models.

I had a step dad who was a supervisor on the Space Shuttle Program, he was an abusive asshole, but it was great to be around all of the people from the Shuttle Program, and to get to go spend time in Cape Canaveral in Florida, it was great. Our Shuttle program was fun, and it made me proud as an American.

But there is no pride anymore, and no one gives a shit about Elon Musk.

I guess we are entering a world where we can do space projects as an international team of scientists, etc, and it does not need to be a source of National Pride like when we sent men to the moon. We can work together as a team with the Chinese and others to put men on Mars, etc. And I do not like Elon Musk, and he is not an American, but it does not matter anymore, times have changed, and the space program is no longer about being a source of National Pride.

Salute,

Tony V.

"Team Chinese", interesting idea.

I like the Chinese, we need to have peace, and we need to work together on projects of mutual interest such as space exploration, and medical research including searching for a cure for Cancer, etc.

We need global teamwork at this point, and peace, and the days of American Exceptionalism are over. Every nation has the potential to do great things, and we can all work together peacefully for the advancement of all of humanity.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: March 08, 2023, 03:12:16 PM »

From what I can tell:

Bambu: Dislikes: East Asians, but especially the Chinese, Muslims and runs hot and cold on African-Americans.
Luee: Dislikes: Muslims and all immigrants.
FlyingVProd: Dislikes: non-Christians, except Jewish folks.  Likes: the Chinese and the ladies, especially the ladies.

Somebody needs to produce a scorecard around here.  It's hard to keep up.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 04:02:24 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: March 08, 2023, 03:23:39 PM »

My Prime Minister, Leftist 'Albo', is to visit USA next week, naval base in San Diego, to buy some submarines, Virginia class or buy British ones instead, or some of each.
My Opposition leader Peter Dutton, Conservative, Minister for Defence in ScoMo govt, intelligent, wise, experienced...wants Australia to buy the American subs, tried and true technology...not the British ones yet to be developed.
British PM will also be there.
Joe will be meeting with them...'AUKUS' defence pact.

Peter Dutton wants subs as soon as possible, he sees China very clearly.
Albo and co seem to have blurred vision.
Go woke, go broke.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: March 08, 2023, 03:25:12 PM »

Congress approval has jumped up 3 points since the GOP took over the House from Pelosi.
Highest approval in 15 years
Biden is now moving to the center.  Sure sign he will be running again.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: March 08, 2023, 03:36:20 PM »

Pope Francis said that there are depressed people in Sicily, Italy, who feel like they are missing out on fulfilling their dreams, and I reminded him with a post that Frank Capra was from Sicily, and Frank Capra was one of the greatest filmmakers of all time. And Italy has the largest movie studio in Europe, Cinecitta, where the people from Sicily can go to make movies.

For the people in Sicily who dream about making movies, there is Cinecitta in Rome, and they can live their dreams right there in Rome. They need to know the story of Frank Capra, and they have Cinecitta where they can make films in Rome.

I would love to go live in Italy and I would love to help the Italians to make movies at Cinecitta. The Italians are not missing out on anything by staying in Italy, our streets are full of homeless people and they are lucky to have a home in Italy, they can live their dreams right there in Italy.

Meanwhile, we need to make our immigration system easy for the Italians who want to come to America.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: March 08, 2023, 04:31:40 PM »

The worst thing I hate is ADDICTION and what it does to people, and I hate the drug dealers who get our people addicted to drugs. Once they get you addicted to heroin then they own you. Many beautiful young movie stars in Hollywood have gotten addicted to drugs and then they have sex with the drug dealers for drugs, they will do anything for drugs once they get addicted. Drugs, drug dealers, and addiction, are all things that I hate.

I also hate BULLIES, the big strong men are supposed to protect the women and the children and the weaker men, as the Bible says, the big men are not supposed to bully weaker people. And Putin is a bully, I do hate Putin right now.

And I support our Civil Rights, and I support the ACLU. And for the addicts I support A/A and N/A.

Also, as Christians we need to help the orphans, and the homeless and the widows and the needy, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: March 08, 2023, 04:59:22 PM »

That is what my movie is about that I wrote, it is about what addiction does to people, and about what happens when we neglect the Foster Children and let them get trapped by addiction, my movie is a Tragedy, and to a good Christian my movie seems bad but that is because it is supposed to be bad, it is a Tragedy, but in the end the main message is about unconditional love, and what it means to love an addict.

I need to make another trip to Chapman Film School to put a post on their bulletin board to see if I can get helpers to help me make my movie.

Also, maybe I can contact Cuba Gooding Jr, he is an Oscar Winner who is friends with my friend Brandy, Brandy will put in a good word for me, maybe Cuba has connections to help to get my movie made.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: March 08, 2023, 05:12:46 PM »

From what I can tell:

Bambu: Dislikes: East Asians, but especially the Chinese, Muslims and runs hot and cold on African-Americans.
FlyingVProd: Dislikes: non-Christians, except Jewish folks.  Likes: the Chinese and the ladies, especially the ladies.

According to what I've seen on Youtube, 'the ladies' of today, when given a choice between Instagram and a real life boyfriend/man...choose Instagram.
Tony's best chance is to seek a lady about his age, who's not totally interested in Instagram....seems to me.
Some "the ladies" are "treasures", others are "something else"... best of luck to Tony in his search for a "treasure".
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: March 08, 2023, 05:13:45 PM »

Michael Fassbender played Kate Winslet s brother. Or something like that.

Jude Law

But you knew that.

Here's a helpful hint.  If it's Fassbender, people are more likely to be murdered or at least traumatized. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: March 08, 2023, 05:21:50 PM »

From what I can tell:

According to what I've seen on Youtube, 'the ladies' of today, when given a choice between Instagram and a real life boyfriend/man...choose Instagram.
Tony's best chance is to seek a lady about his age, who's not totally interested in Instagram....seems to me.
Some "the ladies" are "treasures", others are "something else"... best of luck to Tony in his search for a "treasure".

Bambu, finding a lady will be easier after I am wealthy, after my movie is a success and after my poetry book is published and is a success, then I will be able to find a good woman. As I have money, and as I gain confidence, and as I travel around and enjoy myself, and as I do charity work, etc, then I will find a good wife. Maybe I will find a wife in Italy. We will see. As a poor man I will probably never find a wife, I will grow old like a Catholic Priest poor and alone. But, if I can make money, then I will go to Italy and find a good wife. I hope to get a young wife who is young enough to have a child, I want to have at least one child.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: March 08, 2023, 05:54:49 PM »

Michael Fassbender played Kate Winslet s brother. Or something like that.

Jude Law

But you knew that.

Here's a helpful hint.  If it's Fassbender, people are more likely to be murdered or at least traumatized.
If there is ever a movie staring Jude Law/Michael Fassbender and Catherine/Kathryn Hahn/Keener I will lose my mind. Particularly if it also involves one of the three Ryans. (Reynolds, Gosling and Cooper. At least one of whom may not actually be named Ryan).
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: March 08, 2023, 05:55:14 PM »

From what I can tell:

LOL

Someone here, not mentioning any name, needs to embrace "not everyone in the world is a lovely person".

Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: March 08, 2023, 06:32:52 PM »

Bambu, I read a book over 30 years ago that took place in Australia, the name of the book is "The Thorn Birds" and they also made a mini-series of it which is a good mini-series, anyhow, in "The Thorn Birds" there was a lady who was deeply in love with a man, but he became a Catholic Priest and he gave his life to God, so the woman could never have him, he was the love of her life, but he was a Priest and she could never have him.

I had a roommate who was a Franciscan Monk, and he was on a mission to help the homeless, he was my roommate in a homeless shelter, and he said that someone donated a beautiful house in Malibu by where Dick Van Dyke lives to the Franciscan Monks, and that is always an option, I can just give up on finding a woman and I can give up on making money, I can take a vow of poverty and a vow of abstaining from sex, and I can go live with the Monks in Malibu and I can spend my time helping the homeless and worshiping God. I could just worship God, and help the homeless, and not have to worry about anything.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: March 08, 2023, 06:59:17 PM »

From what I can tell:

LOL

Someone here, not mentioning any name, needs to embrace "not everyone in the world is a lovely person".
At least I know you are not talking about me.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 566