Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119332 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #3195 on: March 18, 2023, 08:02:09 PM »

Bambu, we have some F-104 Starfighters in storage in the desert that we can sell to Australia, and we make the Sidewinder Missiles here at China Lake, and so I asked the leaders at Edwards Air Force Base to help to make sure that the people of Australia are protected against rogue enemy missiles. But, the F-104 Starfighters need to be modified, you need to vector the thrust on the F-104 Starfighters in order to improve the steering and to help the F-104 to pull out of spins. And then, you also need to update all of the technology on the F-104 Starfighters.

We have a bunch of F-104 Starfighters in storage, but they need to be modified and updated.

And we can make more, Lockheed can manufacture new planes in Mojave, California, etc.

We need to be able to shoot down the Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles, etc.

And the F-104 Starfighter is a good chase plane for NASA.

Salute,

Tony V.

Anything is better than what we have now, which is not much....and certainly nowhere near enough.
"Rocket Man" says he now has a rocket than can reach Australia. There needs to be a way to shoot it down before it blows me up. [being totally selfish]
And of course blows up my neighbours and friends.
My little dog also wouldn't like missiles falling all around.

It would be good if bambuworld had the capacity to fire a missile right back at him, blow up his house, with him in it.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: March 18, 2023, 08:16:45 PM »

Bambu, we have some F-104 Starfighters in storage in the desert that we can sell to Australia, and we make the Sidewinder Missiles here at China Lake, and so I asked the leaders at Edwards Air Force Base to help to make sure that the people of Australia are protected against rogue enemy missiles. But, the F-104 Starfighters need to be modified, you need to vector the thrust on the F-104 Starfighters in order to improve the steering and to help the F-104 to pull out of spins. And then, you also need to update all of the technology on the F-104 Starfighters.

We have a bunch of F-104 Starfighters in storage, but they need to be modified and updated.

And we can make more, Lockheed can manufacture new planes in Mojave, California, etc.

We need to be able to shoot down the Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles, etc.

And the F-104 Starfighter is a good chase plane for NASA.

Salute,

Tony V.

RAF just caught a bunch of F-35s to replace the F-18s

Indeed, I'd forgotten about them and their capability.

For instance, an F-35 could fire air-to-ground bombs or missiles to explode the ICBM, or even use lasers and electronic warfare to incinerate, jam or disable the flight trajectory of an attacking ICBM.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: March 18, 2023, 09:20:55 PM »

Not only I who should be concerned;

msn: North Korean missile could hit U.S. in 33 mins, says study; find gaps in U.S. missile defence (WION)

#####

Gaps?
That's not good.

Trump said that if NK fired missile at the US, NK would cease to exist.
What does Biden say?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 09:28:53 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: March 19, 2023, 12:19:36 AM »

We cannot allow a mineshaft gap!

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: March 19, 2023, 02:38:56 PM »

I worked at China Lake when they were working on the Star Wars program for Missile Defense...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Defense_Initiative

One advancement that resulted from the research at China Lake was Laser Eye Surgery.

The most obvious advancements in Missile Defense is the Iron Dome in Israel which the USA and Israel worked together to develop.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: March 19, 2023, 02:52:07 PM »

A new thing that the scientists are working on is to be able to better see the nuclear weapons, and when combining that research with research on lasers, a scientist told me that they hope to be able to remove Cancer. They want to be able to see and isolate the Cancer and then remove the Cancer with the laser that only removes the Cancer and which leaves all other tissue in tact.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: March 19, 2023, 03:48:53 PM »

The F-35 and the F-104 Starfighter are totally different airplanes, and each has their strengths. What makes the F-104 Starfighter better at intercepting Missiles is that the F-104 Starfighter is WAY faster than the F-35 and the F-104 can go to high altitude quickly and can shoot down the ICBM. The F-35 is good to put on an aircraft carrier and to use as a fighter plane, the F-35 handles well and is agile.

If you want a fast plane to go up and shoot down the ICBM, then you want the F-104 Starfighter, but the F-104 needs to be modified, you need to vector the thrust to improve the steering and to help it to pull out of spins, and you need to update all of the technology on it, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: March 19, 2023, 04:22:17 PM »

Of note, we need for more women to study to be scientists, at China Lake it was all men. The scientists are cool people, and they study everyday so they are all brilliant. I had the opportunity to have a permanent job at China Lake, but it was all men, there was not any women there. We need for more women to become scientists. I love women, and I did not want to live out in the middle of nowhere where there was not any women.

More women are also becoming pilots, etc, which is good.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: March 19, 2023, 09:46:41 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/mar/19/international-churches-of-christ-lawsuits-alleged-sexual-abuse

No wonder they do not want books on schools.

They do not want people reading about their skeevy deeds in the future.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: March 20, 2023, 10:03:42 AM »

A new thing that the scientists are working on is to be able to better see the nuclear weapons, and when combining that research with research on lasers, a scientist told me that they hope to be able to remove Cancer. They want to be able to see and isolate the Cancer and then remove the Cancer with the laser that only removes the Cancer and which leaves all other tissue in tact.

Salute...

Who was the scientist?  I have seen some of the research, where they induce tumor cells to absorb a dye which will then make the tumor absorb more laser light of a certain frequency , heat up as a result, then die.  Was not aware this was connected in any way to weapons research, hence my curiosity as to who this scientist was. 

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: March 20, 2023, 10:16:11 AM »

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/20/1162711459/cut-emissions-quickly-to-save-lives-scientists-warn-in-a-new-u-n-report

The cloud capped towers, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: March 20, 2023, 10:48:54 AM »

Salute...

Who was the scientist?  I have seen some of the research, where they induce tumor cells to absorb a dye which will then make the tumor absorb more laser light of a certain frequency , heat up as a result, then die.  Was not aware this was connected in any way to weapons research, hence my curiosity as to who this scientist was.
Sounds like Dr. Merkwuerdigliebe.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: March 20, 2023, 10:49:49 AM »

Two references on the same page, i see.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: March 20, 2023, 11:04:43 AM »

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/20/1162711459/cut-emissions-quickly-to-save-lives-scientists-warn-in-a-new-u-n-report

The cloud capped towers, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind.
I sense a real tempest behind your posts to date.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: March 20, 2023, 12:14:21 PM »

Re: Cut emissions quickly to save lives, scientists warn in a new U.N. report

Hubris squared.

Once CO2 is introduced to the atmosphere it can stick around from 300 to 1,000 years.

As the Hippy Dippy Weatherman once advised after his radar showed  ICBM missies  trailing a low front:

Do not sweat the Thunderstorms!
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 566