Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119322 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #3225 on: March 21, 2023, 12:51:25 PM »

As Calibanposted UN report makes clear. 
OILCAN
O brave new world, that has such people in 't!
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: March 21, 2023, 12:54:54 PM »

As Calibanposted UN report makes clear. 
OILCAN
O brave new world, that has such people in 't!
ROFL!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: March 21, 2023, 09:59:27 PM »

Red is the longest saddest example ever of a critter drowning in its own asshole.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: March 22, 2023, 01:07:58 AM »

We have some positive things happening here in Anaheim, Disney is doing great, and a lot of money is being invested here in Anaheim.

Las Vegas is also doing great, and a lot of money is being invested in Vegas.

Vegas and Anaheim both depend on Tourism, and we need to have a high speed train that connects Vegas with Anaheim.

And the local Mayors are all working hard to help the homeless people.

As prosperity happens here in Southern California, then we need to share our prosperity with Vegas, and with Mexico, and it can grow, we can send goods from Mexican ports with Mexican Truck Drivers to Kentucky to put goods onto the shelves of stores in the poor towns in Kentucky. We need to make our immigrants legal, and we need to have a Good Neighbor Policy with Mexico and we need for Mexican Truck Drivers to be able to join the Teamsters Union, etc.

Also, we need to invest in Education here in the USA, and we need to build new Medical Schools, and new Laboratories, in Kentucky, and in Nevada, and all over the USA. Here in Orange County we have the University of California in Irvine Medical School, which is a great Medical School, and UCI is doing a lot of research, etc.

California also needs to give people tax breaks to make movies and television shows here in Southern California. We also need to bring Apple to buy the Sony Studio, and Apple can make movies and television shows here in Culver City, etc. 

And the Small Business Administration can give out loans for people to open new farms which can employ the homeless people and the refugees, etc. We need to promote farming for the homeless people and they can live on communes like the hippies and they can grow food and they can make cheese, and they can do trade with San Francisco, etc.

We can also get NASA to tell altruistic Gold Mining Companies where the gold is in Mexico, etc, and the money from the Gold Mines can be used to help the orphans in Mexico, and to build schools and libraries in Mexico, etc. And the Gold Mining Company can help poor areas in Mexico to have clean safe running water, and electricity, and telephones, and radio, and television, etc, etc, etc. NASA can help the poor people of Mexico by telling altruistic companies where the Gold is in Mexico, etc.

I see some positive things happening, and we can work hard to accentuate and expand the positive.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 01:13:45 AM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: March 22, 2023, 02:17:15 AM »

From my tv news just now:

"In bambuland today the middle class is the new working poor."
"Households struggling to make ends meet".

Sounds about correct.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 02:20:08 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: March 22, 2023, 04:26:48 AM »

What I learnt from Youtube today:

In America "Everybody Is A Gangsta Until They Hear Their Sentences".
"Everybody is Acting Tough Till They Hear Their Sentences".

Then they're dragged from the courts crying and screaming as the reality of decades in prison sinks in.
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: March 22, 2023, 07:09:19 AM »

Turn off the the screens. Go outside.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: March 22, 2023, 02:10:44 PM »

Turn off the the screens. Go outside.

Tried that, but then I was living in "the dark".
It was good in one way, freedom from news, freedom from politics, a peaceful life among the birds, trees, blue sky, flowers, ocean.
But it was not so good in other ways...I almost missed the article informing that when in a vehicle, if the front seat passenger is viewing a screen...phone, tablet etc ...and the screen is visible to the driver, then that is about a $400 fine for the driver....whether or not the driver is watching the screen.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: March 22, 2023, 03:24:50 PM »

From my tv news just now:

"In bambuland today the middle class is the new working poor."
"Households struggling to make ends meet".

Sounds about correct.

There is a quote that really made me think, the quote is about having people in your boat who are drilling holes instead of helping to row the boat. Some people who you think are on your team may actually be doing more harm than good.

Australia needs to keep close ties with California.

And Australia needs to build Libraries, and Schools, and Laboratories.

Also, Australia needs to learn from the Ancient Greeks, and from the Romans.

And every nation in the world needs good Labor Unions and good Labor Laws.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: March 22, 2023, 03:31:30 PM »

What I learnt from Youtube today:

In America "Everybody Is A Gangsta Until They Hear Their Sentences".
"Everybody is Acting Tough Till They Hear Their Sentences".

Then they're dragged from the courts crying and screaming as the reality of decades in prison sinks in.

The USA needs to stop making heroes out of the bad people.

And the Gangster Rap is all bullshit, America needs to wake up.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 03:34:04 PM by FlyingVProd »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: March 22, 2023, 03:55:30 PM »

You mean musicians who tell people to suck on their machine guns? Like Ted Nugent?

"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: March 22, 2023, 04:19:33 PM »

You mean musicians who tell people to suck on their machine guns? Like Ted Nugent?

There is a Christian music school in Rome, The Saint Louis College of Music, which is training the Christian musicians of the future, and if I had a night club in Rome then I would want for the Christian bands to play at my club, and if I was producing music then I would want to produce the good Christian bands.

I grew up listening to Judas Priest and to Black Sabbath, and to other bands that are all about Satan, and finally I could not listen to it anymore, I hate Satan and I do not enjoy listening to music about Satan anymore. If I was a producer I would be producing Christian bands. I am a Christian.

Ted Nugent is a great guitar player, but I do not agree with everything that Ted says and does. But, Ted does love the USA, no matter what you can know that he truly does love the USA and American Rock and Roll. Ted loved Chuck Berry, and Little Richard, and Bo Didley, Ted loves American Rock and Roll.

If it was up to me I would be producing Christian music, and fun surf music here in California like Jan and Dean, etc.

And Rock and Roll used to be about women, and love, and fun, and cars, etc. There is no reason for music to be about Satan, nor for it to be about Gangs and killing each other and selling drugs, etc.

As our society goes further and further into the toilet, then we need to look at the music that the children are listening to, etc, and we need to look at the entertainment that our kids are internalizing.

If I owned Universal Studios then I would be aware of how the entertainment that we produce effects society.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: March 22, 2023, 04:30:52 PM »

Bambu, Australia needs to get closer to California as Australia rises. And we have a lot in common, we have nice beaches, beautiful women, sunshine and nice weather, etc.

England does not want to see the Australians have better lives than the people in England, just as the people in England get jealous and upset about Ireland becoming more wealthy and successful than England. Australia needs to rise anyway, and succeed anyway.

When you become successful then some people become jealous, there are many other states in the USA where the people are jealous of California, I used to get beat up as a kid in Oregon because I was born in California, but we need to rise and succeed anyway. We need to be great, and we need to live our best lives, even if it makes other people jealous. I need to be concerned with living my best life instead of worrying about who I might make jealous. The same thing needs to happen with Australia, Australia needs to rise to become way better than England, and England will be jealous of Australia, but Australia needs to rise regardless.

Australia is nice like California, and Australia and California need to be close allies, and do not worry about who you might make jealous by succeeding.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: March 22, 2023, 04:36:32 PM »

If we can change how people think and feel, then we can change how they behave.

Music, movies, television shows, etc, all have the power to change how people think and feel, and thus the Entertainment Industry has the power to effect how people behave.

If I owned Universal Studios then I would be aware of the fact that the Entertainment that people consume effects how they behave.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: March 23, 2023, 10:10:03 AM »

Surprised this story is not getting more attention.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/21/health/covid-cdc.html
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 566