Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119320 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #3302 on: March 27, 2023, 08:42:20 PM »

I sent the idea for a Summer of Love in the Middle East, including in Afghanistan, to all of the old Hippies, including to Goldie Hawn, and Kurt Russell liked my idea.

The police and soldiers can protect the people while they have a Summer of Love, with music, and the people can smoke pot, and they can have a Summer of Love.

If Kurt and Goldie like the idea, then maybe they can tell Cher, and some other old Hippies, and maybe they can start a Revolution of Love in the Middle East. The Middle East needs Love, they have been fighting too long. Look at the mess, and look at all of the people in refugee camps, it is all bullshit. It is time for a Summer of Love in the Middle East.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 08:44:31 PM by FlyingVProd »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: March 27, 2023, 08:56:24 PM »

?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: March 27, 2023, 11:49:03 PM »

I find myself just basking in it sometimes, overcome with wonder.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: March 28, 2023, 10:56:56 AM »

I sent the idea for a Summer of Love in the Middle East, including in Afghanistan, to all of the old Hippies, including to Goldie Hawn, and Kurt Russell liked my idea.

The police and soldiers can protect the people while they have a Summer of Love, with music, and the people can smoke pot...

The world's entire crop of pot, at the very least.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: March 28, 2023, 02:58:22 PM »

We can do things to promote peace and love in the world.

And I view Woodstock as having been one of the greatest events of all time, 500,000 people all gathered for peace and love and music.

Here is a cool example of showing love that I experienced once while living in a cheap motel with the poor people in Pasadena. There was a family there, a husband and his wife, and their 3 children. One of the children was a baby who needed diapers, and the wife bought cigarettes when they needed diapers, and so the husband was screaming at the wife because she spent money on cigarettes when they needed diapers. There was a good Christian staying at the motel, and when he found out what was going on, he went to the store and he bought diapers for the family there and he told them "Jesus Loves You" as he gave them the diapers. That is how we can help people by showing love.

And a lot of our problems are from a lack of communication, so when people party they can communicate. Ben Franklin partied with the French to get money to help America, that was how they did diplomacy back then.

Also, many wars happen because of a perceived scarcity, we need to teach people that we live in a world of abundance. Our most valuable thing is time, our time on earth is short, but if we live right then we can go to Heaven and spend eternity in Heaven. And also people want to behave and obey the laws so that they do not waste valuable time locked up in prison for crimes. Plus, if you love your neighbors then you will not be breaking laws. We can feed the hungry, and we can house the homeless, we live in a world of abundance, and we need to have more peace and love in the world.

I also support building schools for the children in Colombia, and donating schools and libraries for poor children globally.

And along with Kurt, and Goldie, and Cher, there is also Carlos Santana who can help to spread peace and love, and there are other old Hippies who can help.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: March 28, 2023, 04:58:25 PM »

http://www.vice.com/en/article/n7ew8x/want-to-curb-city-crime-evict-fewer-tenants-study-says

Tenants rights keep landlords from killing cities.

Housing is a human right.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: March 28, 2023, 06:30:43 PM »

http://www.vice.com/en/article/n7ew8x/want-to-curb-city-crime-evict-fewer-tenants-study-says

Tenants rights keep landlords from killing cities.

Housing is a human right.

Landlords are entitled to a fair return on their investment.
Fair return.
Anything less will see landlords sell their rental properties and invest their money elsewhere.
I was once a landlord, 2 bedroom apartment.
I only did it as "forced saving" of the money invested, plus the capital gain, which the fed govt taxes...baaah.
Otherwise it certainly wasn't worth the trouble.
Increase the rent, 'everyone' goes all angry and outraged.
Water rates increase, landlord insurance increases, carpets need replacing, apartment needs painting, taps etc break...plumbers are expensive...and you have to pay the agent 7 1/2% +.
Worth being a landlord?
Depends.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: March 28, 2023, 08:03:01 PM »

Seems to be...that in this forum, there are some "just-in-case" atheists.
Christen their children, have a pastor marry them, and on death have a pastor bury them...just in case "Jesus and Heaven" are true.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 11:08:24 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: March 29, 2023, 03:13:24 AM »

It is no less plausible than your schemes for total security.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: March 29, 2023, 03:31:13 AM »

The cabin doors are now locked on planes.
El Al airlines had absolute security when others didn't.

You seem happy for anyone and everyone to just be able to waltz into schools anywhere, anytime...whenever they feel like it..."open society"..."we must not live in fear".
Include churches etc.
"Open society" is like "open borders"...a very bad idea.
My ideas would saves lives at schools etc.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: March 29, 2023, 04:00:15 AM »

As long as the missus keeps you under lock and key, I feel reasonably safe everywhere. Thanks for the concern.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: March 29, 2023, 06:41:50 AM »

Obama, leftist, seemed not happy with Fox News, Rupert, Sky News ...  in his speech in Sydney last night.
lol
No real surprise.

Also:
Daily Telegraph today:

Asked about his greatest regret, Obama raised the lack of action on gun control in the US despite continued mass shootings.

#####

Good Americans know what will happen to them if they give up their guns...they'll be sitting ducks for the bad people and any invading armies.
So there's no way they'll disarm.
Mass shootings can be prevented by absolute security, but nobody much seems willing to make the effort to do it.

Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: March 29, 2023, 06:49:22 AM »

Would not one step toward absolute security be keeping weapons out of the hands of lunatics?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 566