Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119454 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #3585 on: April 13, 2023, 12:29:18 AM »

I keep expecting to see more people from Ukraine, and from Russia, here in Orange County, but so far it is still mostly Mexicans here and people from Latin America, with some people from the Philippines, and from Vietnam, and we have some Arabs and people from Afghanistan, etc.

I had a friend from Ukraine, Ted, he was Cheech Marin's Uncle, he married Cheech's Aunt Maria. Ted was a great guy who spent his whole life helping the homeless, plus he was a Vietnam Vet.

It is hard right now in California and we have a lot of homeless people, but times are getting better, and California has great schools. I am sure that we have students from Ukraine and from Russia in the schools here in California.

As I give the Calvary Chapel Open Door another chance then I can see if we have people from Ukraine and from Russia at the Church on Sundays.

People from Ukraine and from Russia were coming up into California from Mexico, but I have not been seeing them at the markets or anywhere.

I suggested Battle Mountain, Nevada, and Napa, California, and Merced, California, to the refugees from Ukraine.

It will be interesting to see where the refugees choose to come.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: April 13, 2023, 01:08:14 AM »

I had a Communication professor, Dr Debra Tolar, who was teaching us about how different cultures behave differently, for instance she was talking about how in France they have a smaller social bubble than Americans, in America we stand further apart than the French, the French get right up close to you while you talk with them. And She taught me that Australia is the easiest place for a man from America to go meet a woman, She said the women in Australia are very forward, and if a woman in Australia likes you then she will come right out and tell you. You do not have to guess if a woman from Australia likes you, if she likes you then she will let you know.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: April 13, 2023, 01:52:27 AM »

I sent a message to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce telling them that we need to start planning now in advance for the Oscar Night Parties for the next year.

Parties can happen at the Roosevelt Hotel, and at other locations, including at the Park Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles, etc, and there can be an outdoor party with an outdoor bar at MacArthur Park, etc. And the stars can party all night and then they can sleep in the rooms at the Park Plaza Hotel, etc. And the hot new chefs can cook for the stars, etc. And the Red Hot Chili Peppers can play in the Ballroom at the Park Plaza Hotel, etc, and other bands from Venice Beach can play, etc.

The Night of 100 Stars that Norby Walters used to throw is over now, and Elton John is getting old and he is retiring, we need for good new younger people to throw new parties in Hollywood on Oscar Night. And we need to start planning early.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: April 13, 2023, 09:42:53 AM »

Malibu has lots of rats and mice, so everyone in Malibu has cats, we had 5 cats at our place in Malibu. The same thing in Beverly Hills, they have lots of mice and rats so they all own lots of cats.

Facebook would be the ideal venue for your many topical meanderings.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: April 13, 2023, 10:10:01 AM »

You can keep asking, Oilcan.  Maybe you'll have more success than I have.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: April 13, 2023, 02:43:27 PM »

Malibu has lots of rats and mice, so everyone in Malibu has cats, we had 5 cats at our place in Malibu. The same thing in Beverly Hills, they have lots of mice and rats so they all own lots of cats.

Facebook would be the ideal venue for your many topical meanderings.

That post about the cats was for Bambu, pertaining to the situation with the mice problem in Australia, which Bambu posted about.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: April 13, 2023, 02:59:34 PM »

And in Rome, Italy, they have cats all over Rome and people put out food and water for the stray cats, and the cats eat the mice and rats, Rome does not have mice and rats because of the cats.

https://mamalovesrome.com/street-cats-of-rome/

Salute,

Tony V.

Cats in Rome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WPJ0sxBdlo

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: April 13, 2023, 03:28:30 PM »

Tony, it's not that you don't occasionally connect with Bambu on some topic, it's that a lot of posts seem to offer unrealistic advice from the perspective of someone who hasn't really succeeded in that area.  For example, you keep offering advice on making films....

Some people think that school is a waste of time, but if you learn how to write, produce, and direct movies, then you can make movies anywhere you want, you can make movies here in Southern California where all of the great schools are, and once you learn how to make movies then you can make movies at Cinecitta in Rome, Italy, or anywhere you want to work. You can write your own ticket to success if you can learn how to make movies. An education is very worthwhile if you can learn how to be a successful filmmaker, and then you also can have your own voice and you can tell the stories that you want to tell.

I do not regret going to school to try to learn to become an actor and filmmaker, I only wish that I would have gotten more training so that I can complete my goal of making movies. And I can create local opportunities for the young film students as they graduate from film school.

I just need to keep moving forward, my movie script is good, and I have some good ideas. And eventually I want to find a wife to help me, I can find a wife who wants to write and produce movies, etc.   

Who wants advice from someone who hasn't had much success at acting or filmmaking?  And obvious platitudes about getting the right training are just tiresome to read over and over.  Of freaking course we know that training, experience and connections are important.  But what members here are interested in becoming directors or scriptwriters?  And if we were, why would we look to you for advice?  You are on the wrong end of things - you need to go to a forum with actual film professionals and humbly seek their advice, instead of spouting drivel here.  People come here to discuss national news and politics, not the prospects for moving to Italy, growing grapes, and making movies. 

And the name-dropping is just mindnumbingly boring.  And pathetic.  You met Suzanne Pleshette, or washed Greg Kinnear's poodle (or whoever the fuck it was), or David Lee Roth answered an email.  Whatever.  Find a FB forum for people obsessed with celebrities and celebrity encounters, and wank off with them. 

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: April 13, 2023, 05:07:38 PM »

Tony, it's not that you don't occasionally connect with Bambu on some topic, it's that a lot of posts seem to offer unrealistic advice from the perspective of someone who hasn't really succeeded in that area.  For example, you keep offering advice on making films....

Some people think that school is a waste of time, but if you learn how to write, produce, and direct movies, then you can make movies anywhere you want, you can make movies here in Southern California where all of the great schools are, and once you learn how to make movies then you can make movies at Cinecitta in Rome, Italy, or anywhere you want to work. You can write your own ticket to success if you can learn how to make movies. An education is very worthwhile if you can learn how to be a successful filmmaker, and then you also can have your own voice and you can tell the stories that you want to tell.

I do not regret going to school to try to learn to become an actor and filmmaker, I only wish that I would have gotten more training so that I can complete my goal of making movies. And I can create local opportunities for the young film students as they graduate from film school.

I just need to keep moving forward, my movie script is good, and I have some good ideas. And eventually I want to find a wife to help me, I can find a wife who wants to write and produce movies, etc.   

Who wants advice from someone who hasn't had much success at acting or filmmaking?  And obvious platitudes about getting the right training are just tiresome to read over and over.  Of freaking course we know that training, experience and connections are important.  But what members here are interested in becoming directors or scriptwriters?  And if we were, why would we look to you for advice?  You are on the wrong end of things - you need to go to a forum with actual film professionals and humbly seek their advice, instead of spouting drivel here.  People come here to discuss national news and politics, not the prospects for moving to Italy, growing grapes, and making movies. 

And the name-dropping is just mindnumbingly boring.  And pathetic.  You met Suzanne Pleshette, or washed Greg Kinnear's poodle (or whoever the fuck it was), or David Lee Roth answered an email.  Whatever.  Find a FB forum for people obsessed with celebrities and celebrity encounters, and wank off with them.

I worked and studied hard, and I am smart, and I worked for Suzanne Pleshette for a whole year, it was not just meeting her, and Suzanne Pleshette loved me, and Hal Needham was a neighbor of Suzanne Pleshette and he directed "Smokey and the Bandit" etc, and Hal was my friend, if Hal was alive still then he would help me. I have a lot to contribute to the world, and to this forum.

So far as the Entertainment Industry, it is a hard industry, especially if you do not have family in the industry. But, I am a good smart guy, and when I worked at Universal Studios my fellow employees wanted for me to buy the studio, they wanted for me to rise to the top and to buy Universal Studios. When I was studying at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, which is the best acting school in the world, my fellow students wanted for me to "Dream Big" and they wanted for me to rise to the top and to Produce and to help to create honest jobs here in Hollywood. The people who I worked and studied with wanted for me to rise to the top and to help to create jobs here in Hollywood.

Hollywood is my home, and the locals here wanted for me to rise to the top and be a leader here.

So far as my movie script, I did seek help from a professional writer and teacher, I wrote my movie script with the help of a college professor from Texas. And Hugh Hefner read and liked my script, it is a great script.

But I am not going to work for the Japanese again, nor will I go to Canada to work. I want to work in Hollywood with an American company, such as working with Apple, and I want to create local jobs for the people here in Hollywood.

Your insults do not hurt me, life is what it is. I cannot deny that so far I am a failure, but at least I am not a criminal, I am not a drug dealer, and my intentions are good. I am a good honest man with good intentions.

And bashing me, and trying to put me down, does not make you look better, what you write is a reflection of you, and not me.

Of note, I refused to go to Canada to work, I was invited to go make films in Canada and I said "No thanks." I am from Hollywood, and I want to create local jobs here in Hollywood. I do not want to create jobs for Canadians, I want to create local jobs here in Hollywood.

Meanwhile, if the Writers Guild of America goes on strike, then I will go march with the writers, I will get there early, I will bring donuts, and I will march with the writers, and that would be a good way to meet the writers and to make connections. That is a good thing about living here, if the writers go on strike then I can go march with them and I can meet the writers that way.

And we still have a lot of great people here, including Arnold, and Sylvester Stallone, and Jeff Bridges, and Sam Elliott, Hollywood has a lot of great old timers who have stayed here instead of moving to Canada. I can find a lot of helpers here as I get out and meet people. And California has great schools which are training the next generation of actors and filmmakers.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 05:14:08 PM by FlyingVProd »

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: April 13, 2023, 06:31:24 PM »

I worked and studied hard, and I am smart, and I worked for Suzanne Pleshette for a whole year, it was not just meeting her, and Suzanne Pleshette loved me, and Hal Needham was a neighbor of Suzanne Pleshette and he directed "Smokey and the Bandit" etc, and Hal was my friend, if Hal was alive still then he would help me. I have a lot to contribute to the world, and to this forum.

So far as the Entertainment Industry, it is a hard industry, especially if you do not have family in the industry. But, I am a good smart guy, and when I worked at Universal Studios my fellow employees wanted for me to buy the studio, they wanted for me to rise to the top and to buy Universal Studios. When I was studying at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, which is the best acting school in the world, my fellow students wanted for me to "Dream Big" and they wanted for me to rise to the top and to Produce and to help to create honest jobs here in Hollywood. The people who I worked and studied with wanted for me to rise to the top and to help to create jobs here in Hollywood.

Hollywood is my home, and the locals here wanted for me to rise to the top and be a leader here.

So far as my movie script, I did seek help from a professional writer and teacher, I wrote my movie script with the help of a college professor from Texas. And Hugh Hefner read and liked my script, it is a great script.

But I am not going to work for the Japanese again, nor will I go to Canada to work. I want to work in Hollywood with an American company, such as working with Apple, and I want to create local jobs for the people here in Hollywood.

Your insults do not hurt me, life is what it is. I cannot deny that so far I am a failure, but at least I am not a criminal, I am not a drug dealer, and my intentions are good. I am a good honest man with good intentions.

And bashing me, and trying to put me down, does not make you look better, what you write is a reflection of you, and not me.

Of note, I refused to go to Canada to work, I was invited to go make films in Canada and I said "No thanks." I am from Hollywood, and I want to create local jobs here in Hollywood. I do not want to create jobs for Canadians, I want to create local jobs here in Hollywood.

Meanwhile, if the Writers Guild of America goes on strike, then I will go march with the writers, I will get there early, I will bring donuts, and I will march with the writers, and that would be a good way to meet the writers and to make connections. That is a good thing about living here, if the writers go on strike then I can go march with them and I can meet the writers that way.

And we still have a lot of great people here, including Arnold, and Sylvester Stallone, and Jeff Bridges, and Sam Elliott, Hollywood has a lot of great old timers who have stayed here instead of moving to Canada. I can find a lot of helpers here as I get out and meet people. And California has great schools which are training the next generation of actors and filmmakers.

Salute,

Tony V.

Tony,

Write another script. You have done a lot of living since you wrote the one Hef liked.

Take these posts about your hopes and turn them into a story. Drop the names of the stars you worked for and tell your stories about those experiences.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: April 13, 2023, 08:00:06 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Tony,

Write another script. You have done a lot of living since you wrote the one Hef liked.

Take these posts about your hopes and turn them into a story. Drop the names of the stars you worked for and tell your stories about those experiences.

Thanks Larry. I will do that. I have an idea for a script about a homeless actor who gets a job as a door man who helps to save the famous movie star whom he works for from a gang that is trying to extort money from her, the name of the movie can be "The Door Man." And I have some other ideas.

If it was the old days when I could type a script on a typewriter and take it to Kinko's to make copies and then send it out for consideration, then I would be doing it, but now you have to be an expert with an Apple computer in order to write movies and to share your scripts with the people in the industry. Everything gets so complicated that I get stuck, and I am not accomplishing anything. When I sent my movie script to Hugh Hefner is was back when everyone used fax machines, and it was easy, I just faxed my script to Hugh Hefner. But, they keep coming up with new technology and new industry standards, and so now I would have to go to college to learn how to use an Apple computer before I can write movies and television shows, or find a team to help me with members on the team who are experts with the Apple computer. Everything is done with the Apple computers now. It is like they keep raising the bar, whenever I accomplish one goal then they move the goalpost and I have to accomplish another goal. If it was as easy as just typing a script on a typewriter and sending it to an agent, then I would have been successful a long time ago. Now I need to find a computer expert. But, Apple is the new big player in the Entertainment Industry, so it is good to learn how to use an Apple computer, and maybe I can make movies and television shows with Apple, etc.

On the issue of my poetry book, if poetry is good then it will always be as good as the day you wrote it, as Robert Frost said it is like an ice cube on a hot skillet that rides on its own melting, and that which comes as surprise to the writer will continue to surprise the readers whenever it is read, a good poem will retain its freshness just as metal retains its scent. "If" by Rudyard Kipling is as great now as it was the day he wrote it, and that is the same with my poetry book, it is just as good now as it was when I wrote it.

And although I wrote my movie script a long time ago, it is still a great script, the movie is still worth making.

Thanks again Larry, I will keep writing, and I plan to find other writers to work with and to learn from.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 08:42:52 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: April 13, 2023, 08:55:23 PM »

With technology, I never had anyone to teach me, and so I am like the old guy who comes out of prison who does not know how to use any of the modern technology. And my neighbors all speak Spanish, and I do not have anyone here to teach me. I need to see if there is a class at the community college to learn how to use the Apple computers. The ultimate thing would be to find a beautiful woman who wants to write and produce with me who knows all about the Apple computers and Industry Standards, etc, to teach me and to work with me.

Maybe if the Writers Guild of America goes on strike then I can go march with them and try to find helpers. And there is also the film school, where I can try to meet helpers, etc. And we have a community college in Fullerton.

Once you succeed, then you can live in the areas where all of your neighbors work in the Entertainment Industry and you can help each other, Empire West is full of people from the Entertainment Industry and you can make movies with your neighbors. And Malibu is full of people from the Entertainment Industry.

( Of note, I am not alone in not knowing how to use modern technology, Oliver Stone had to have assistants set up a You Tube page for him, he could not do it on his own, he is one of the most brilliant filmmakers in the world and he does not know how to use the modern technology. And also Dr Charles Stanley has to have helpers when it comes to computers and modern technology, he is brilliant but he still needs help when it comes to the new technology. )

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 09:26:48 PM by FlyingVProd »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: April 13, 2023, 09:20:49 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Not bashing you, just pointing out your apparently narcissistic compulsion to talk yourself up while you, in fact, do very little to actually push yourself towards realistic goals.  You live in a California culture where people drench each other in praise and vague positivity but apparently have trouble giving constructive criticism. 

This is a political forum, not the Tony V Show where it's all about your rather adolescent fantasies and relentless focus on the past.  You keep saying all these famous people wanted you to rise to the top, but what I'm hearing is that no one said the necessary thing, which is Forget the damned top.  Here's how to get up the next stairstep...

And no one doubts your good intentions.  But those alone are not enough, nor does telling us or others how smart you are.  I just hate to see someone spinning their wheels, and get all butthurt when someone points out how ineffectual that is. 

And look up Dunning Kruger Effect, before you tell us again how smart you are.  If you are really smart, you will realize why truly smart people don't talk about their intelligence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: April 13, 2023, 10:09:52 PM »

Meanwhile, we have had 5 stabbings on the Metrolink Trains here in Los Angeles in the last 3 days. We need to have local altruistic companies which help our local people instead of sending the money to other places, and we need to clean this place up and take pride in it. We rely on Tourism and it is no good if the tourists are afraid to come here. Our economy is going to continue to slide as long as we have homeless people all over our streets, and high crime, and stabbings on the trains.

And just having police with guns is not going to solve our problems. We need Church buses on Sundays to drive around and pick up the homeless and take them to Church, and to show the homeless people some LOVE, they can feed the homeless people, etc, they can give the people new shoes, etc, and they can teach the homeless people the Golden Rule and the 10 Commandments, etc, and instead of being a cold, hard, fucked up world, then we need to show the homeless people some Christian LOVE. That is how we are going to reduce crime in Los Angeles. We need a Jesus Revolution.

On the issue of California, we have great schools, and the people study and train hard, they know that it is expensive to live in California so they work hard so they can be able to afford to live here. And with the Entertainment Industry here in Hollywood, many people come here with very little, and end up homeless, before getting lucky and finding success, it is a hard town. If you succeed in Hollywood then you should be very grateful, and always give back and help other people, and you can do great things with fame as the people begin to listen to you, Arnold was just in the news for fixing a pothole on his street here in Brentwood, Arnold has a lot of power here.

And the guy who wrote "Amistad" came all the way from South Africa to Hollywood and Spielberg made his movie, and his script was worth 5 McDonald's restaurants in South Africa, that was what he did with his money that he made, he bought 5 McDonald's restaurants and he hired his family members to work at his restaurants. You cannot buy an island with a movie script, but it could be worth 5 McDonald's restaurants. For me, I would just open a night club in Rome, Italy, and write and produce and direct movies and television shows at Cinecitta. If I became wildly successful, maybe I would buy Universal Studios here in Hollywood and I would be altruistic and help the homeless and help the people here in Hollywood. The guy who wrote "Amistad" took his money back to South Africa and he helped his family in South Africa.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: April 13, 2023, 10:11:40 PM »

Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that.

Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 567