Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119356 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #3645 on: April 17, 2023, 09:58:43 PM »

I guess Biden did a poor job presenting the argument of Berkely.
I guess you can read, but not comprehend.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: April 17, 2023, 09:59:31 PM »

Yawn
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: April 18, 2023, 02:22:26 AM »

Machiavelli taught that it is better to be loved than feared, we want leaders like John F. Kennedy, and not like Putin, and as we are free to elect our leaders then it would be great if we could elect leaders whom we all love and who fully represent us.

Salute,

Tony V.
When is the last time you read The Prince?

I've given up on trying to clean the Augean stables of horseshit.  Best of luck to you.

No reason to talk to a brink wall.  And IIRC Machiavelli wrote the opposite of what
 Never NeverLand child posted.

No news there.
"It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both." Granted it may not be a statement to be taken at fave value. But it is what it is.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: April 18, 2023, 10:12:40 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/04/16/ron-desantis-florida-proposals/

Way past time to fly DeSantis to Martha's Vineyard, give him a leafblower so he can be useful.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: April 18, 2023, 03:27:10 PM »

In Touch Ministries

Dear In Touch Family, this morning at the age of 90, God called our beloved pastor, Dr. Charles Frazier Stanley, home to heaven. Dr. Stanley lived a faithful life of obedience, dedicated to teaching others how to have an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ. Now he is receiving the joy of his soul-seeing his Savior face-to-face.

Please join us in praying for the entire Stanley family. Updates regarding memorial arrangements will be posted here, at intouch.org, and at charlesstanley.com.

---------

Dr Charles Stanley was great, may he rest in peace. He had been preaching on KTLA channel 5 in Los Angeles every Sunday morning, and I have no idea who they can get to replace him.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: April 18, 2023, 03:49:01 PM »

neon-Dion DeSantis

Given his positions on women's rights, I expect Minnie will be gunning for him, too.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: April 18, 2023, 03:58:03 PM »

neon-Dion DeSantis

Given his positions on women's rights,
What is that position?

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: April 18, 2023, 04:26:14 PM »

It has been a while since I read the Prince, but the impression that I was left with is that leaders who rise because of LOVE are the best leaders, and an army that serves because of LOVE is the best army, and the ideal leader wants both love and fear.

A leader only chooses to rule with fear when he is not worthy of love, and such a leader is not worth serving.

We are blessed in the United States to be able to elect leaders who we love, and we need for worthy leaders to rise to the top who are worthy of our love.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: April 18, 2023, 04:48:42 PM »

neon-Dion DeSantis

Given his positions on women's rights, I expect Minnie will be gunning for him, too.

Minnie will not be assuming the preacher position with that dick!

This rodent on rodent violence is getting very swampy and starting to stink. It must be the result of some republican somewhere trying out another bad idea.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: April 18, 2023, 06:15:08 PM »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: April 18, 2023, 06:59:57 PM »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: April 18, 2023, 07:13:32 PM »

Man, I want that contingent fee.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: April 18, 2023, 07:31:42 PM »

I would not use it to buy anything on time.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: April 18, 2023, 07:45:15 PM »

I would not use it to buy anything on time
Why would I buy anything late?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: April 18, 2023, 08:13:21 PM »

Brits who took in Ukrainian refugees demand tougher background checks after falling victim to fraud and theft- Guardian

#####

Charming.

Exactly why I would never have strangers staying in my home.
And...not even family, except two of them.
Yes, they come for 'two weeks'[hasn't happened to me], and two years later they're still there, living the good life, free. [people are not big on paying their way, seems to me].
Radio station [FM] discussed it all a few years ago.
"How do I tell my relatives it's time for them to leave"?

« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 08:20:11 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 566