Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119365 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #3675 on: April 19, 2023, 09:37:02 AM »

Just a bad break. Remember the bad people are lurking.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: April 19, 2023, 11:43:06 AM »

FOX paid 800 million to settle a lawsuit that it would have won but by settling avoided legal fees that makes the case a financial wash.
Fox just agreed to the largest cash payout to settle a defamation suit, ever. Wonder what they would have paid if the suit had merit! And - a financial wash? $800,000,000 in legal fees and costs for the trial? I clearly got out of the profession at the wrong time. You intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR and partisan cocksucker.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: April 19, 2023, 11:51:33 AM »

The only thing we did not get from the settlement is an on air admission and apology. But not agreeing to that by Faux News was surely Smart... matic. There is an even larger claim pending that admitting the validity or the Dominion suit would probably sink them in. Note the agreed statement where Faux News had to "acknowledge the Court's ruling" that claims they broadcast were false. Language designed to not be an admission that could be used against them in Court.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: April 19, 2023, 12:48:20 PM »

Just a bad break. Remember the bad people are lurking.

But, you can't just go shooting people because they pull into your driveway or knock on your door.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: April 19, 2023, 02:23:40 PM »

Mayor Bass is doing a great job, and Los Angeles has come a long ways since I was homeless there for 2 years in 1998-99, back when I was homeless in Los Angeles it was even against the law to feed the homeless, there were times when I went up to 3 days without eating when I was homeless in Los Angeles. Thank God that people care about the homeless now, and thank God that Mayor Bass is helping the homeless. We need to show love for our homeless people, and it could happen to anyone, and also many of our homeless people are foster youth, and abused women. Thank God that views have changed over the last 25 years in regard to helping the homeless. And now we need to go a step further and we need to have a Jesus Revolution and the Churches all need to welcome and help the homeless.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: April 19, 2023, 02:52:20 PM »

Mayor Bass is doing a great job, and Los Angeles has come a long ways since I was homeless there for 2 years in 1998-99, back when I was homeless in Los Angeles it was even against the law to feed the homeless, there were times when I went up to 3 days without eating when I was homeless in Los Angeles. Thank God that people care about the homeless now, and thank God that Mayor Bass is helping the homeless. We need to show love for our homeless people, and it could happen to anyone, and also many of our homeless people are foster youth, and abused women. Thank God that views have changed over the last 25 years in regard to helping the homeless. And now we need to go a step further and we need to have a Jesus Revolution and the Churches all need to welcome and help the homeless.

Salute,

Tony V.

Are you not happy Bass defeated Caruso?

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: April 19, 2023, 03:20:58 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Are you not happy Bass defeated Caruso?

Mayor Bass has my support, and whoever runs her Facebook page invited me to continue to share my ideas on their page and they said that they value my ideas. Mayor Bass is cool, I like her.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: April 19, 2023, 03:32:04 PM »

Bambu, I agree with you about having strangers in my home, I do not allow any strangers in my home. Once I let a stranger use my restroom and he stole a bottle of Drakkar Noir worth $80 and so now I will not even allow a stranger to use my restroom.

When I lived in Malibu in a family home on the beach with the ex-wife of a Doctor and their two daughters, and also the daughter of a Chinese general lived there, and a research scientist who worked on artificial joints such as hips and knees, etc, I had a great Character Reference in order to get into the beach house, I had Roy Rogers and Dale Evans as my Character Reference, and the Lady who owned the house was a huge fan of Roy and Dale. Plus, I had a college degree, and I attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, so she could tell that I am a good guy.

But, I agree with you when it comes to inviting people into my home, I do not allow strangers in my home.

The best way to help the refugees from Ukraine is to have group homes full of beds and ran by ex-military guys.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: April 19, 2023, 04:41:18 PM »

Mayor Bass is bringing in Mental Health Professionals to help the homeless people instead of sending in cops with guns, and it cannot happen soon enough, a homeless man was just killed for sleeping at the mall, a female cop shot him when he began to fight her, it should not have been a lone female with a gun handling that situation, it should have been a trained team of Mental Health Professionals. There was no reason for the mentally ill homeless man to die. Mayor Bass already knows this, and she is bringing in Mental Health Professionals to help the homeless instead of sending in cops with guns.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: April 19, 2023, 05:08:21 PM »

Bambu, I agree with you about having strangers in my home, I do not allow any strangers in my home. Once I let a stranger use my restroom and he stole a bottle of Drakkar Noir worth $80 and so now I will not even allow a stranger to use my restroom.

When I lived in Malibu in a family home on the beach with the ex-wife of a Doctor and their two daughters, and also the daughter of a Chinese general lived there, and a research scientist who worked on artificial joints such as hips and knees, etc, I had a great Character Reference in order to get into the beach house, I had Roy Rogers and Dale Evans as my Character Reference, and the Lady who owned the house was a huge fan of Roy and Dale. Plus, I had a college degree, and I attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, so she could tell that I am a good guy.

But, I agree with you when it comes to inviting people into my home, I do not allow strangers in my home.

The best way to help the refugees from Ukraine is to have group homes full of beds and ran by ex-military guys.

Salute,

Tony V.

Amen.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: April 19, 2023, 06:40:56 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.
We used to call those concentration camps.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: April 19, 2023, 07:01:40 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

That was misguided...nothing like concentration camps, as is understood by the meaning.
More like 'dorms'.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: April 19, 2023, 07:55:03 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

That was misguided...nothing like concentration camps, as is understood by the meaning.
More like 'dorms'.
You choose your euphemism for mass forced segregated housing based on ethnicity, with armed guards, and I will choose mine. But I have lived in dorms and what Tony describes aint that.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: April 19, 2023, 08:17:25 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

More like 'dorms'.
You choose your euphemism for mass forced segregated housing based on ethnicity, with armed guards, and I will choose mine. But I have lived in dorms and what Tony describes aint that.

Well, we could call them internment camps which is a nicer way of saying concentration camp.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: April 19, 2023, 09:47:25 PM »

Second time this week Tony has proposed helping a group in need with concentration camps.  Can't hardly wait for the third!  Who will be in his crosshairs next?  Fat people?  Heavy gamblers?  Agnostics? 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 566