Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119463 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #3690 on: April 19, 2023, 10:00:26 PM »

The only thing we did not get from the settlement is an on air admission and apology. But not agreeing to that by Faux News was surely Smart... matic. There is an even larger claim pending that admitting the validity or the Dominion suit would probably sink them in. Note the agreed statement where Faux News had to "acknowledge the Court's ruling" that claims they broadcast were false. Language designed to not be an admission that could be used against them in Court.

From news reports Lime never reads

On Thursday, the judge made remarks indicating that the two sides should try to resolve their dispute without a trial and said Dominion might face challenges in persuading a jury to award the kind of damages it was seeking, people familiar with the situation said.

Fox News has previously said Dominion On Thursday, the judge made remarks indicating that the two sides should try to resolve their dispute without a trial and said Dominion might face challenges in persuading a jury to award the kind of damages it was seeking, people familiar with the situation said.

Fox News has previously said the Dominion  litigation was a political crusade in search of a financial windfall for its private equity owners, and that the real cost of it was to First Amendment rights
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 10:02:41 PM by Espnthree »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: April 19, 2023, 10:36:10 PM »

The best way to help the refugees from Ukraine is to have group homes full of beds and ran by ex-military guys.

Salute,

Tony V.
We used to call those concentration camps.

When I was homeless here in California I was placed in a group home run by an ex-military guy and it was heaven when compared to being homeless and hungry on the street.

I was a clean and sober homeless man with a college degree here in California, and I studied and trained to work in the Entertainment Industry which is a prevailing industry here in California, I should have been able to earn an honest living and I should have been able to have a family and a home. I am not a criminal, even selling hamburgers to the tourists should have been an option, instead of being a homeless bum. And it was against the law to feed me when I was homeless. I am damaged, and I have a bad attitude. I tried to move to Italy, if I could have gotten a job  in Italy then I would have stayed in Italy, there is no reason for me to be in the United States anymore, this place no longer represents me. If I have to be homeless here, while I work so hard to have a home and a family to no avail, then fuck it. I used to love America, but America does not love me. When I was homeless and hungry on the streets then it was against the law to feed me.

We have come a long way in the last 25 years, and now Hollywood is allowed to feed and house the homeless people, but for me the damage is done. And I was one of the good people, I cared and I worked and studied hard, there was no reason for me to be homeless and hungry on the streets.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: April 19, 2023, 10:51:16 PM »

The Mexicans need to work to make Mexico better than the USA. The USA sucks now.

And I wish I would have used my Stimulus Money to move to Italy.

I am tired of being a bum in my own home while people come here from all over the world to live their dreams.

I am not living my dream, and it is all bullshit.

I would rather be living in Italy.

Meanwhile, I am glad the homeless people in Los Angeles are being fed and are treated like human beings instead of being treated worse than animals. People treat dogs better than how the homeless were treated in Los Angeles.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: April 19, 2023, 11:00:32 PM »

The only thing we did not get from the settlement is an on air admission and apology. But not agreeing to that by Faux News was surely Smart... matic. There is an even larger claim pending that admitting the validity or the Dominion suit would probably sink them in. Note the agreed statement where Faux News had to "acknowledge the Court's ruling" that claims they broadcast were false. Language designed to not be an admission that could be used against them in Court.

On Thursday, the judge made remarks indicating that the two sides should try to resolve their dispute without a trial and said Dominion might face challenges in persuading a jury to award the kind of damages it was seeking, people familiar with the situation said.

Fox News has previously said Dominion On Thursday, the judge made remarks indicating that the two sides should try to resolve their dispute without a trial and said Dominion might face challenges in persuading a jury to award the kind of damages it was seeking, people familiar with the situation said.

Fox News has previously said the Dominion  litigation was a political crusade in search of a financial windfall for its private equity owners, and that the real cost of it was to First Amendment rights

Get better sources and maybe some self worth.

Leave the malice in the toilet where you found it.

Smartmatic then the producer then the shareholders make the Murdochs go away.

Fox was anything but fun while it lasted.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: April 19, 2023, 11:19:10 PM »

My friend Tom, may he rest in peace, was a former Combat Medic for the Marine Corps, and he was a Doctor for the Navy in Pennsylvania for 20 years, and he was the best at running homeless shelters, he even cooked steak and lobster for the homeless people, Tom was a great guy.

Ex-military members are great at running homeless shelters.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: April 20, 2023, 12:24:06 AM »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: April 20, 2023, 02:16:01 AM »

The USA will get better as Mayor Bass and others help the homeless, and as the homeless people are able to VOTE, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: April 20, 2023, 02:52:13 AM »

We need to help our homeless, as it says in the Bible.

My relatives in Oregon said that Portland, Oregon, is full of homeless people now, the streets are full of homeless people.

And Washington state is full of homeless people.

The USA needs to help the homeless, and we need to be like Greece where people can be content with food and shelter and a good library, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: April 20, 2023, 03:33:43 AM »

The Sick Man of Europe

Long live King Charles!
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: April 20, 2023, 05:24:57 AM »

Long enough to get you stupid Ozzies to give up your filthy coal habit at least.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: April 20, 2023, 05:27:27 AM »

Tucker gave a wonderful apology on the Daily Show for his treason, avarice and psychotic disregard for human life and American law and order.

Careful editing can almost make him seem human. Almost.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: April 20, 2023, 08:08:07 AM »

Non sequitur! 15 - love!
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: April 20, 2023, 09:30:00 AM »

Weapons at the ready, all the time!!! Cocked and ready to fire!!  Bad people lurking!!!

https://www.npr.org/2023/04/18/1170593395/kaylin-gillis-new-york-driveway-kevin-monahan

"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: April 20, 2023, 10:04:53 AM »

Stand your ground laws are open season messages

And two days later....

On Saturday, just two days after Yarl was shot, a woman looking for a friend s house in upstate New York was fatally shot after the car in which she riding mistakenly pulled into the wrong driveway. Kaylin Gillis, 20, was traveling through the rural town of Hebron when homeowner, Kevin Monahan, 65, came out onto his porch and fired two shots, the local sheriffs office said. Monahan has been charged with second-degree murder 

NY does not have a SYG law.  Which is good, because this psycho dickhead needs to he locked up before he expresses his trigger-happy paranoia on someone else.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 567