Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119353 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #3840 on: April 30, 2023, 09:47:46 PM »

FACT:  You keep advocating more and more guns for Americans, cocked and ready to fire for their are bad guys lurking in the shadows.

FACT: It's not the bad guys lurking in the shadows getting shot.

That's because the good guys are not carrying guns, ready to fire if guns are pointed at them.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: May 01, 2023, 01:28:31 AM »

The amendment does not have to be gotten past. It just has to be read correctly, as it was for our first two hundred years, even by the NRA.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: May 01, 2023, 02:41:36 AM »

So, in San Francisco...be sure to wear some flowers in your hair...
...Reparations are being considered:
. Payment of $5m to every eligible Black adult, the elimination of personal debt and tax burdens, guaranteed annual incomes of at least $97,000 for 250 years, and homes in San Francisco for just $1 per family.
An estimate from Stanford University's Hoover Institution, has said it would cost each non-Black family in the city at least $600,000.
Allegedly would cost $140 billion...when city's budget is $14 billion.
Wazzat, leftist accounting?
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: May 01, 2023, 03:08:00 AM »

Posts like that are why you will never break the cycle of poverty contained in your skull.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: May 01, 2023, 03:21:33 AM »

What about all the poverty-riddled, homesslessness-riddled, starving, White communities in America?
They never had a chance either.
They weren't/aren't even on the bottom rung of the ladder, they're still on the ground.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: May 01, 2023, 03:34:43 AM »

Start your education here , Bambi

http://youtu.be/GrYRPLy6g2g

When you have watched it twice let me know if you still have questions.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: May 01, 2023, 04:06:12 AM »

A quick defamation suit against Fox, and Lordy there are tapes, will net San Fran all it needs for reparations and clean energy and deescalation services and free health care for several generations. It will even send the next several hundred thousand asylum seekers through local colleges and universities.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: May 01, 2023, 05:52:59 AM »

Start your education here , Bambi

http://youtu.be/GrYRPLy6g2g

When you have watched it twice let me know if you still have questions.

Interesting.
Guns beat spears and the rich and powerful enslaved the poor and powerless.
It has ever been so.

Thomas Jefferson enslaved more than 600 people.
George Washington was an enslaver for 56 years.
American heroes...work that out.

Fast forward to today...Reparations.
"Why should non-Black people in San Francisco today who didn't enslave anyone be paying money to Black people in San Francisco today who were never enslaved"?...is a question being asked.

Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: May 01, 2023, 08:35:30 AM »

FACT:  You keep advocating more and more guns for Americans, cocked and ready to fire for their are bad guys lurking in the shadows.

FACT: It's not the bad guys lurking in the shadows getting shot.

That's because the good guys are not carrying guns, ready to fire if guns are pointed at them.

One doesn't need to have a Harvard degree to shake their heads at this kind of "thought" process.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: May 01, 2023, 10:37:58 AM »

A 12-year-old student was allegedly sent home from school after he refused to change his T-shirt that said, There are only two genders.

Liam Morrison, a seventh-grader at Nichols Middle School in Middleborough, Massachusetts, said he was taken out of gym class on March 21 and met with school staff who told him people were complaining about the statement on his shirt and that it made them feel unsafe, They told me that I wasn't in trouble, but it sure felt like I was. I was told that I would need to remove my shirt before I could return to class. When I nicely told them that I didn't want to do that, they called my father,

He offered his explanation during a Middleborough School Committee meeting on April 13.

I was told I was targeting a protected class and was a disruption to learning.
Who is this protected class?
Are their feelings more important than my rights?
I do not  complain when I see Pride flags and diversity posters hung throughout the school. Do you know why? Because others have a right to their beliefs, just as I do.
I was told that the shirt was a disruption to learning. No one got up and stormed out of class.
No one burst into tears.
I am sure I would have noticed if they had.
I experience disruptions to my learning every day. Kids acting out in class are a disruption, yet nothing is done. Why do the rules apply to one yet not another?
I have learned a lot from this experience. I learned that a lot of other students share my view.
I learned that adults do not always do the right thing or make the right decisions.
I know that I have a right to wear a shirt with those five words.Even at 12 years old.
I have my own political opinions and I have a right to express those opinions. Even at school. This right is called the First Amendment to the Constitution.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: May 01, 2023, 11:37:41 AM »

A 12-year-old student was allegedly sent home from school after he refused to change his T-shirt that said, There are only two genders.

Liam Morrison, a seventh-grader at Nichols Middle School in Middleborough, Massachusetts, said he was taken out of gym class on March 21 and met with school staff who told him people were complaining about the statement on his shirt and that it made them feel unsafe, They told me that I wasn't in trouble, but it sure felt like I was. I was told that I would need to remove my shirt before I could return to class. When I nicely told them that I didn't want to do that, they called my father,

He offered his explanation during a Middleborough School Committee meeting on April 13.

I do not  complain when I see Pride flags and diversity posters hung throughout the school. Do you know why? Because others have a right to their beliefs, just as I do.
I was told that the shirt was a disruption to learning. No one got up and stormed out of class.
No one burst into tears.
I experience disruptions to my learning every day. Kids acting out in class are a disruption, yet nothing is done. Why do the rules apply to one yet not another?
I have learned a lot from this experience. I learned that a lot of other students share my view.
I learned that adults do not always do the right thing or make the right decisions.
I know that I have a right to wear a shirt with those five words.Even at 12 years old.
I have my own political opinions and I have a right to express those opinions. Even at school. This right is called the First Amendment to the Constitution.
12 is a little too young to be such a smug, self righteous, solipsistic little prick. But just the right age to have a RedDick level of nuanced understanding of Constitutional law. Which is to say, none whatsoever.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: May 01, 2023, 11:49:16 AM »

No one burst into tears.
12 is a little too young to be such a smug, self righteous, solipsistic little prick. But just the right age to have a RedDick level of nuanced understanding of Constitutional law. Which is to say, none whatsoever.
LOL!
How dare the kid have a point, let alone be scientifically correct.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: May 01, 2023, 12:25:52 PM »

No one burst into tears.
LOL!
How dare the school have a point, let alone be Constitutionally correct.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: May 01, 2023, 12:33:19 PM »

No one burst into tears.
LOL!
You seem a little confused.  In this case the school ignores both the Constitution and Science.
But the  student honors both.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: May 01, 2023, 12:48:11 PM »

No one burst into tears.
LOL!
You seem a little confused.  In this case the school ignores both the Constitution and Science.
But the  student honors both.
You are wrong on all three sentences. But no more fish for you today.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 566