Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119346 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #3870 on: May 01, 2023, 07:47:17 PM »

Since I give him a hard time for everything he writes, I think it's only fair to note that I agree with Bambu (albeit in a far less harsh and judgmental fashion) with his advocacy of school uniforms.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: May 01, 2023, 08:17:18 PM »

Fox News poll reports 61% of Americans favor ban on AR-style assault weapons.  I had expected our members who suckle at the Fox teat to post this last Thursday, but perhaps they were hiding under their desks or beds.

https://www.foxnews.com/official-polls/fox-news-poll-voters-favor-gun-limits-arming-citizens-reduce-gun-violence

School uniforms seem like one of those solutions that would have particular usefulness where you have kids from multiple socioeconomic backgrounds attending a school.   Sort of a social equalizer that might reduce distraction and deepening class divides.TBH, an issue where I'd need to know more.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: May 01, 2023, 08:40:07 PM »

Bambu, where I am at one third of our people are foreign born, and the majority of citizens here are Latino. The best way to help the people to climb the ladder here is to make them legal citizens so that they can own property here, etc. The number one industry here in Anaheim is Tourism, and we receive 50,000 tourists per day, so if the people can become legal, and if they can figure out some way to make money from the Tourism such as from a restaurant or from a hotel, etc, then the people can start climbing the ladder. Restaurants are a popular way for new immigrants to start climbing the ladder.

When my dearly departed friend Lisa first came to America from the Philippines, she opened a night club in Los Angeles named "Manila Gardens" and her club was a huge success. She was very wealthy and she spent her whole life helping the homeless. She was born wealthy, from the Banana Industry. She helped a lot of people, including me. And she was friends with Suzanne Pleshette, which was cool.

Salute,

Tony V.

Restaurants?
*All* I see are restaurants closing in the West.
What I see flourishing are Maccas [McDonalds], KFC, Hungry Jacks, etc drive thrus [full from daylight til late darkness], some 24 hours.
Also home deliveries, everything from fancy food to pizza.
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: May 01, 2023, 08:59:02 PM »

Guys, don't forget:  Tony knew Suzanne Pleshette.

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: May 01, 2023, 09:43:35 PM »

Guys, don't forget:  Tony knew Suzanne Pleshette.
Who would not want to know Suzanne Pleshette?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: May 01, 2023, 10:02:58 PM »

Sky News;

"Texas shooting suspect had been deported 4 times".

Just waltzed back in.
Oh wouldn't it be just fabulous if the borders were sealed.
Walls, fences, military patrols, solar lights, razor wire, cameras, deep and wide moats...etc.
Honestly, cheap labor is just not worth it.
Open borders are a major menace.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: May 01, 2023, 10:17:42 PM »

Do it to your house. Tell us how it goes.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: May 01, 2023, 10:30:12 PM »

Instead of arriving on my shores by boats, they're now flying in on student/holiday/work visas etc and claiming asylum.
85% have been rejected, but only a very small number have actually been deported...reportedly.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: May 01, 2023, 10:32:16 PM »

Donald has just arrived in Scotland [wonder if he's staying permanently?]

Upon arrival he's quoted as saying "It is great to be home".
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: May 01, 2023, 10:37:18 PM »

What about all the poverty-riddled, homesslessness-riddled, starving, White communities in America?
They never had a chance either.
They weren't/aren't even on the bottom rung of the ladder, they're still on the ground.

Those assholes voted GOP.

They deserve their fate.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: May 01, 2023, 10:39:41 PM »

Fox News poll reports 61% of Americans favor ban on AR-style assault weapons.  I had expected our members who suckle at the Fox teat to post this last Thursday, but perhaps they were hiding under their desks or beds.

https://www.foxnews.com/official-polls/fox-news-poll-voters-favor-gun-limits-arming-citizens-reduce-gun-violence

School uniforms seem like one of those solutions that would have particular usefulness where you have kids from multiple socioeconomic backgrounds attending a school.   Sort of a social equalizer that might reduce distraction and deepening class divides.TBH, an issue where I'd need to know more.

In DC uniforms were regulation for elementary and middle schools.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: May 01, 2023, 10:41:40 PM »

Sky News;

Just waltzed back in.
Walls, fences, military patrols, solar lights, razor wire, cameras, deep and wide moats...etc.

Woulda been nice if he could not get his hands on multiple firearms.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: May 01, 2023, 10:42:47 PM »

The Texas massacre shooter killed that family, kids.
Fours times he'd reportedly been deported.
Really makes a mockery of the immigration system.
The 'boys and girls' at the US/Canadian border crossings and airports do a great job policing the US immigration rules.
So polite, so efficient, so protective.

At the other end of the country though, the officers try hard too, but are seriously let down by the "open borders" mentality.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: May 01, 2023, 10:43:45 PM »

The Texas massacre shooter killed that family, kids.
Fours times he'd reportedly been deported.
Really makes a mockery of the immigration system.
The 'boys and girls' at the US/Canadian border crossings and airports do a great job policing the US immigration rules.
So polite, so efficient, so protective.

At the other end of the country though, the officers try hard too, but are seriously let down by the "open borders" mentality.

It is the guns

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: May 01, 2023, 10:46:49 PM »

Sky News;

Just waltzed back in.

Woulda been nice if he could not get his hands on multiple firearms.

Indeed...any firearms.
Texas needs to seriously review its gun laws...but the bad people will always have guns.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 10:52:42 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 566