Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119415 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #3931 on: May 04, 2023, 04:27:52 PM »

I hate Daily Kos articles. I keeep getting directed to a web site dedicated to ending the hunting of wolves.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: May 04, 2023, 04:56:14 PM »

Usually an add they run under their banner.

It helps to use reader view.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: May 04, 2023, 06:02:58 PM »

"Maybe"?  You're the "absolute security" freak and yet you continually ignore the one constant in all the mass murders.  Because people have to protect their yards from stray soccer balls.

I'm all for people continuing to have the right to defend themselves.  And yet for every one of those stories that you can post about somebody shooting a bad guy to protect their kids or themselves, I can post 5 stories about those weapons being used in ways that have nothing to do with "killing bad people lurking in the shadows."

The right to defend themselves...means guns.
Florida...well over 1.3 million people with a valid concealed weapons permit.
One out of every five firearms sold is an AR-Style rifle.
Americans now own an estimated 15 million AR-15s...gun groups say.
Gun owners vote...I can't see US politicians banning handguns and/or assault rifles anytime soon.

So that leaves good security measures needed to foil mass shooters.

Could stick your ass any higher in the air for the fascists?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: May 04, 2023, 06:39:47 PM »

From the Kap article,

CBS News recently reported that Kaepernick launched an initiative in 2022 to help families with free, secondary autopsies through his Know Your Rights Camp organization. The initiative collaborates with a panel of board-certified forensic pathologists who perform autopsies, disclose preliminary findings and issue final reports to requesting families.

At the time of its launching Kaepernick said We know that the prison industrial complex, which includes police and policing, strives to protect and serve its interests at all costs. The Autopsy Initiative is one important step toward ensuring that family members have access to accurate and forensically verifiable information about the cause of death of their loved one in their time of need.

Dr. Cyril Wecht, pathology coordinator, said: I am extremely enthusiastic about this truly unique program. The opportunity to have unbiased second autopsies performed by independent, experienced forensic pathologists in police-related deaths will provide victims families with knowledge that the true facts of any such case have been thoroughly analyzed and prepared for appropriate utilization whenever deemed necessary.

Coincidentally, the Autopsy Initiatives announcement of a secondary autopsy for Thompson came just days after the death of Harry Belafante, the racial justice activist and brilliant entertainer, who had often professed his support for Kaepernick.

Commenting on Kaepernicks actions Belafonte stated Historically, those who benefit from the oppression of others have always tried to silence dissent. When a black person raises their voice in protest against oppression, those who are complicit in that oppression are often the first to criticize. Kaepernick

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: May 04, 2023, 07:45:07 PM »

I want for California to be nice like Florida. I do not want a culture of cops and criminals and prisons. I want a culture of Christians and Church buses, And we can hire the homeless people to wash the sidewalks and we can hire the former criminals to work doing security to keep our immigrants safe.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: May 04, 2023, 08:18:04 PM »

Maybe Emelio Estevez can be BIG like John F. Kennedy, and Emelio marched with Cesar Chavez and he showed his loyalty for the down-trodden. Emelio can improve relations with Mexico, and with Colombia, and with El Salvador, etc.

Maybe Emelio Estevez can run for President of the United States in 2024. But, he better get busy studying, with Dr Debra Tolar, and with others. He needs to study if he wants to go into Politics.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: May 04, 2023, 09:00:14 PM »

"Maybe"?  You're the "absolute security" freak and yet you continually ignore the one constant in all the mass murders.  Because people have to protect their yards from stray soccer balls.

I'm all for people continuing to have the right to defend themselves.  And yet for every one of those stories that you can post about somebody shooting a bad guy to protect their kids or themselves, I can post 5 stories about those weapons being used in ways that have nothing to do with "killing bad people lurking in the shadows."

Gun owners vote...I can't see US politicians banning handguns and/or assault rifles anytime soon.

What are your achievable now solutions to end the mass shootings?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 09:03:29 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: May 04, 2023, 10:31:41 PM »

Make it harder to procure a weapon
Require liability insurance
Ban all semiautomatic assault weapons for civilian use. No grandfather clause for AR style weapons.

It is a start.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: May 04, 2023, 11:32:48 PM »

Treat right wing groups like every other form of international terrorist. Break their power, scatter their networks and seize their resources.

Easy peasy.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: May 05, 2023, 07:51:26 AM »

Make it harder to procure a weapon
Require liability insurance
Ban all semiautomatic assault weapons for civilian use. No grandfather clause for AR style weapons.

It is a start.
I'm not sure why somebody who has to defend himself against bad guys lurking in the shadows needs to be burdened by such niceities.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 09:09:08 AM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: May 05, 2023, 08:59:55 AM »

I want for California to be nice like Florida. I do not want a culture of cops and criminals and prisons. I want a culture of Christians and Church buses, And we can hire the homeless people to wash the sidewalks and we can hire the former criminals to work doing security to keep our immigrants safe.

Salute,

Tony V.
Jesus have you ever BEEN to Florida? 80% of the state, geographically, is a combination of meth heads, alligators and the banjo guy from Deliverance, post retirement, coupled with the highest STD rate in America.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 09:05:24 AM by Hairy Lime »
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: May 05, 2023, 09:22:33 AM »

Now, some would argue that Mississippi has the highest level of STD in the country, but, first, Tony has no firm grasp of facts when it comes to Florida, so why should I and second, I am not referring to the whole state, but rather that swampy dark hearted interior, where for instance the CDP The Villages has the second highest STD rate in the country, right behind Battle Mountain.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: May 05, 2023, 02:47:01 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.
Jesus have you ever BEEN to Florida? 80% of the state, geographically, is a combination of meth heads, alligators and the banjo guy from Deliverance, post retirement, coupled with the highest STD rate in America.

Sad, Florida was great when I went there with the Space Shuttle Program in 1978 as a kid, and then I went back in 1991 to Orlando and to Cocoa Beach, and it was great. The women in Florida always seemed more open and friendly than the women in California, the women in California are more concerned with money and power, etc. If I lived in Florida I would probably have a wife.

Now in California, crime is rising big time, and everyone wants to be a gangster. We are rich, there is no reason for crime. If people need help then all that they have to do is to ask for help and then we will help them. They do not need to join gangs and they do not need to sell drugs and they do not need to commit crimes, we need to teach the people young that we are rich and that if they need help then all that they have to do is to ask for help. And we need to have a Wellness Center in every community where people can get help.

My Cousin in Oregon said Oregon is bad now with homelessness and illegal drugs, and a friend in Washington said Seattle is bad now with drugs and homelessness, it is bad all over I guess. The best we can do at this point is to open Wellness Centers in every community, and we need to get our people into housing and we need to get them medical help and mental help, etc.

And I want for the Churches to all welcome the homeless people like in the movie "Jesus Revolution" and also Youth For Christ can help the orphans in Mexico, etc. The Christians need to help people, part of being a Christian is doing service to help other people.

My home town was ruined by meth and drugs and crime and all of the bad people from Los Angeles moved to Lancaster because of cheap housing, so now they call my home town a ghetto. But, my home town was nice as a kid, and we built the Space Shuttles and other cool stuff, we never considered my home town to be a ghetto when I grew up there. And it was only a short drive to Malibu to the beach, etc. And the Antelope Valley has a great Community College. And now they have the Lancaster Performing Arts Center which is nice, my home town is improving. And good things are happening in Mojave, etc.

The main way to start helping our people here in Los Angeles, as well as in Portland, and in Seattle, etc, is to build Wellness Centers and to help people.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 03:06:09 PM by FlyingVProd »
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 566