Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119405 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #4260 on: June 09, 2023, 12:48:28 PM »

Trump sold the US attack plans for Iran to the Saudis and took payment in the form of business at his golf courses.

This proves trump is the very soul of the republican party.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: June 09, 2023, 02:47:56 PM »

May Pat Robertson rest in peace, he was a great man. He produced the 700 Club himself, and he was a good servant of the Lord.

A long time ago I thought about producing my own Christian show, I wanted to study the Bible more and produce a show for Christians, but the schools which train the preachers are very expensive, there is an Evangelical College in Oregon, but it is very expensive.

Here is a video that I made a long time ago interviewing my friend Jon, back then I was thinking about doing a show for Christians. I could have rock stars and movie stars, etc, on my show and we can talk about Christ and about being a Christian in today's world.

https://youtu.be/47YL7vd0pKQ

Pat Robertson died, and Dr Charles Stanley died, and Reverend Schuller died, all of the great Christians from television are dying, and we need for new people to broadcast new shows on television for Christians.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: June 09, 2023, 02:55:54 PM »

What made Pat Robertson a "great man"?   His hypocrisy?  His gay-bashing?  His anti-Semitism?   
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 02:58:57 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: June 09, 2023, 03:03:44 PM »

War crimes. It is funding bloody repressions with money from folks like Tony.

Windfall is a magical song.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: June 09, 2023, 04:53:35 PM »

The movie "The Jesus Revolution" is ready to open in India, that is awesome, the people of India are getting ready to watch a movie about hippie Christians in California. And I hope that we can have a real life Jesus Revolution and I hope that we can bring everyone to Christ.

And as a teen in High School we had all of the most beautiful women in Youth For Christ, we had cheer-leaders with us when we went to Mexico to help the orphans in Mexico and people living in a garbage dump in Mexico, we went down with money and gifts for the poor in Mexico, and it was all about sharing the love of Christ. I hope that the teens of today are still able to ride buses to Mexico with Youth For Christ and with other good groups.

And Jeb Bush met his wife while helping to build an orphanage in Mexico. You meet great people when you are doing charity work and when you are serving the Lord.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: June 09, 2023, 06:06:02 PM »

BB is a fucking idiot.

Could be you think that way because he's blaming the Left for much of society's ills today.

That is the song taken up by most fucking idiots today.

You're Left, and you're supporting biological males competing in sports against girls and women.

Most on the Left could not give a flying fuck.

There are approximately 1.2 million trans folks in a nation of 330,000,000 million people.
There are maybe 100 examples of trans athletes in competition.

Just shut the fuck up.

Seems to be.
They don't care much about the welfare of their daughters?

Payton McCabe, a high school volleyball player , was struck in the face by a volleyball. That volleyball was spiked by a transgender player on the opposing team.
McNabb told lawmakers in a state hearing that she suffered both a concussion and a neck injury.
She said that "allowing biological males to compete against biological females is dangerous."

The North Carolina Senate passed the Fairness in Women's Sports Act, which allows competition only between girls who were born girls.

Right now over 20 states have banned transgender youth from competing in school sports.
And who knows, that number might increase in the future.
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: June 09, 2023, 07:13:03 PM »

Payton McCabe, a high school volleyball player , was struck in the face by a volleyball. That volleyball was spiked by a transgender player on the opposing team.
McNabb told lawmakers in a state hearing that she suffered both a concussion and a neck injury.
She said that "allowing biological males to compete against biological females is dangerous."

Several problems with this news quote, aside from the player's surname changing mid-story.  Did anyone determine if there was an actual concussion?  Was there medical evidence?  legal action?  a comparison of spiking velocities?Also begs the question, would a male player not also have received a concussion from a ball propelled with that much force?  We have no way to rule out the possibility that anyone receiving a spiked ball in the head may get concussed and whiplashed.  It's a freak occurence that really doesn't answer any questions about the tiny percent of trans players in women's sports. 

ONCE AGAIN, WITH FEELING:

Anecdote is not evidence.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: June 09, 2023, 07:54:52 PM »

Several problems with this news quote, aside from the player's surname changing mid-story.  Did anyone determine if there was an actual concussion?  Was there medical evidence?  legal action?  a comparison of spiking velocities?Also begs the question, would a male player not also have received a concussion from a ball propelled with that much force?  We have no way to rule out the possibility that anyone receiving a spiked ball in the head may get concussed and whiplashed.  It's a freak occurence that really doesn't answer any questions about the tiny percent of trans players in women's sports. 

Besides all that, it simply is not fair.....not fair to be making biological females compete against biological males.

Then, in a video from a media interview/story, were shown early teen girls at one school having to have a biological male in their change rooms when they're in various stages of undress.
Also at the same or another school same age girls having to have a gay male student in their bathrooms.
Parents are outraged, as they should be. One mother said "we teach our girls to respect their bodies, they have the right to feel comfortable in the girls' change rooms."
The mom is 100% correct.

Interesting that the 20+ states that care enough about their daughters to have passed laws that only girls born girls can compete in girls' sports...shown in the video map are not...WA, OR, NV, CA going down the west coast.....all the east coast states down to the top of the Carolinas NC and SC have enacted such laws...as has WV.
GA hasn't, most of the South has, and the ones thru the middle up to the Dakotas, WI etc.
Seems fathers in the traditionally "Red States", "flyover country" [some changed to Blue at the last election] are mostly the ones who care most about the "bodies and minds" welfare of their daughters.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 08:02:04 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: June 09, 2023, 08:10:22 PM »

May Pat Robertson rest in peace, he was a great man. He produced the 700 Club himself, and he was a good servant of the Lord.

A long time ago I thought about producing my own Christian show, I wanted to study the Bible more and produce a show for Christians, but the schools which train the preachers are very expensive, there is an Evangelical College in Oregon, but it is very expensive.

Here is a video that I made a long time ago interviewing my friend Jon, back then I was thinking about doing a show for Christians. I could have rock stars and movie stars, etc, on my show and we can talk about Christ and about being a Christian in today's world.

https://youtu.be/47YL7vd0pKQ

Pat Robertson died, and Dr Charles Stanley died, and Reverend Schuller died, all of the great Christians from television are dying, and we need for new people to broadcast new shows on television for Christians.

Salute,

Tony V.

Satan

Welcome Pat! Lemme call Rush and let him know you are here!

« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 09:52:55 PM by LarryB! »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: June 09, 2023, 08:24:39 PM »

It's a wonder Manhattan hasn't sunk into the harbour/river/sea by now...with all that weight on it.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: June 09, 2023, 08:39:20 PM »

Besides all that, it simply is not fair.....not fair to be making biological females compete against biological males.
Again, "Whatever the minor and trivial problems that arise from the very small number of transsexuals who want to compete in sports the solution to it should not be the further isolation, ostracizing, and humiliation of isolated, ostracized and humiliated youths. And for most of the people who are proposing that as a solution, the isolation, ostracizing and humiliation is the point."

Then, in a video from a media interview/story, were shown early teen girls at one school having to have a biological male in their change rooms when they're in various stages of undress.
Also at the same or another school same age girls having to have a gay male student in their bathrooms.
Parents are outraged, as they should be. One mother said "we teach our girls to respect their bodies, they have the right to feel comfortable in the girls' change rooms."
The mom is 100% correct.
The idea of transsexuals being "gay male students" or presenting a real threat to girls in changing rooms speaks volumes that clearly do not reach your ears perched atop Mount Stupid.

Interesting that the 20+ states that care enough about their daughters to have passed laws that only girls born girls can compete in girls' sports...shown in the video map are not...WA, OR, NV, CA going down the west coast.....all the east coast states down to the top of the Carolinas NC and SC have enacted such laws...as has WV.
GA hasn't, most of the South has, and the ones thru the middle up to the Dakotas, WI etc.
Seems fathers in the traditionally "Red States", "flyover country" [some changed to Blue at the last election] are mostly the ones who care most about the "bodies and minds" welfare of their daughters.
Haters of transsexuals who want to exclude them from society, humiliate and isolate them are not more concerned with the welfare of their daughters but they are unconcerned with the damage they are causing to other people's chdren.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: June 09, 2023, 08:46:38 PM »

The parents don't hate transgender students, they just don't want biological males in the same change rooms as their daughters and don't want them competing in the same sports/races.
They believe in equality for women, the sports for women to be fair and equal. All schoolgirls born girls to be competing against each other, with biological males not included.
It's only fair.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: June 09, 2023, 10:07:21 PM »

The parents don't hate transgender students, they just don't want biological males in the same change rooms as their daughters and don't want them competing in the same sports/races.
They believe in equality for women, the sports for women to be fair and equal. All schoolgirls born girls to be competing against each other, with biological males not included.
It's only fair.

Bullshit.

It is not anything but the Rights way of setting up a campaign.

Focus a message sent on all rightwing frequencies how these deviants are destroying society, seducing our toddlers and eating our infants. God said you must hate these abominations yada yada yada.

Then those who fall for that MAGA bullshit elect the bastards who make their lives miserable.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: June 09, 2023, 10:29:02 PM »

It's only fair.

Bullshit.

Focus a message sent on all rightwing frequencies how these deviants are destroying society, seducing our toddlers and eating our infants. God said you must hate these abominations yada yada yada.

Then those who fall for that MAGA bullshit elect the bastards who make their lives miserable.

Do you think biological males competing against biological females in sports is fair to the biological females?
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: June 09, 2023, 10:51:25 PM »

It's only fair.

Bullshit.

Do you think biological males competing against biological females in sports is fair to the biological females?
Red herring.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 566