Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119360 times)

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #4335 on: June 13, 2023, 12:19:19 PM »

I did not realize Bolt and James were transgendered.

Most bolts come with nuts.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: June 13, 2023, 02:42:52 PM »

As we work to improve our cities then we need to remember the power of FOOD. When cities riot then we can withhold food until they calm down, and only peaceful law abiding people will be allowed to eat.

And you do not need to go hunt down the homeless people in order to help them and to let them know about the services to help them, instead one can simply feed the homeless and the homeless people will all show up to eat, and the homeless will follow the rules in order to be able to eat.

There is power with FOOD, and we can use food to improve our cities.

Of note, I attended the Saint Justin Martyr Catholic Church here in Anaheim, and the ladies from the church cooked a pot-luck and they fed everyone after church, the food was amazing, the ladies from the church cooked wonderful food. We had a priest from Ireland, he was great. Someone burned our church down, but it has since been rebuilt, though I now live on the other side of town. Feeding the people is a great way to get the people to come to Church on Sunday.

And the Mental Health Association in Santa Ana feeds the homeless people as they sign them up for benefits and services. The people will show up and they will obey the rules in order to be able to eat.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: June 13, 2023, 06:23:59 PM »

Sport is better if Bambu-ilk are not permitted to watch or comment. That is no hardship because sport is too complicated for Bambu-ilk to follow.

Nah.
bambu-ilk understand most sports just fine...except gridiron.
All the different plays....very confusing.
It would not take much to confuse you. Like just someone jingling keys during a game.

More like the no-ideas who arrive after kick-off and wander around like lost sheep looking for their seats, blocking everyone's view.
And the ones who can't go '5 minutes' without a beer or wine and push past everyone as they exit the rows, then return with multiple drinks, often spilling some.
One time it would be good to be rich and be watching the game from a private box.
Trump has his own plane...the best way to travel, in your own plane..no being jammed up in 'cattle class'.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 06:27:20 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: June 13, 2023, 11:50:56 PM »

We can force the heartless giant foreign corporations to be altruistic via the strength of Unions and Labor Laws, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: June 14, 2023, 09:11:49 AM »

https://apnews.com/article/cormac-mccarthy-dies-98a5936a9b89409a9485a3a2bf2208ea

RIP Cormac.  Died in Santa Fe which, based on my visits there, is definitely a country for old men.  And getting unaffordable these days. 

Blood Meridian troubled me, as great literature should. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: June 14, 2023, 12:53:59 PM »

Sport is better if Bambu-ilk are not permitted to watch or comment. That is no hardship because sport is too complicated for Bambu-ilk to follow.

Nah.
It would not take much to confuse you. Like just someone jingling keys during a game.

More like the no-ideas who arrive after kick-off and wander around like lost sheep looking for their seats, blocking everyone's view.
And the ones who can't go '5 minutes' without a beer or wine and push past everyone as they exit the rows, then return with multiple drinks, often spilling some.
One time it would be good to be rich and be watching the game from a private box.
Trump has his own plane...the best way to travel, in your own plane..no being jammed up in 'cattle class'.

The thought of crowds of people spilling their drinks on you cheered me up this morning.

Thanks
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: June 14, 2023, 02:17:08 PM »

Nah.

The thought of crowds of people spilling their drinks on you cheered me up this morning.

Thanks

lol
No surprise.
Before you start your celebration party...of late the bars are putting multiple drinks in cardboard trays....instead of patrons carrying them in their hands.
And, RSA officers have appeared at every bar (Responsible Service of Alcohol officers).
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: June 14, 2023, 03:17:29 PM »

On the issue of alcohol servers and hot dog servers, etc, at Angel Baseball games at Angel Stadium, my dearly departed buddy Tom managed homeless shelters and he put the homeless people to work selling hot dogs and beer at Angel Stadium to raise money for Canning Hunger to feed the hungry people. Tom and his crew of homeless workers and with people he got from Narcotics Anonymous, etc, raised over one million dollars for Canning Hunger.

Tom set a good example that other people can follow, and there can be homeless people selling beer and hot dogs at Baseball games all over the United States to raise money for Charity to feed the hungry people, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: June 14, 2023, 06:46:54 PM »

The end of the electric car is near.
Toyota's new hydrogen combustion engine will revolutionise motoring.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: June 14, 2023, 06:55:39 PM »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: June 14, 2023, 07:10:27 PM »

Liberty on the March

Arizona
Every time she opens her mouth i thank God she lost.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: June 14, 2023, 07:12:21 PM »

The end of the electric car is near.
Toyota's new hydrogen combustion engine will revolutionise motoring.
The fuel is called "Klear" with a K and will turn every car into the Hindenburg.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: June 14, 2023, 10:17:17 PM »

How come Biden had classified documents and escaped prosecution and Trump is on trial?

Trump says he had every right to
have the classified documents.
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: June 14, 2023, 10:26:58 PM »

It is really cute that you still believe a word Trump has to say.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: June 14, 2023, 11:09:17 PM »

Me Too.
...has become a farce.
Genuine cases, but an ever-increasing number of ...well you know.

Men in Australia are running scared...men in Britain are reportedly running super-scared...of being falsely accused.

Men there are on the run, many giving women a miss altogether.
My senate is in turmoil today as sexual allegations by a female senator [under 'parliamentary privilege'] are being repelled as false.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 01:02:21 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 566