Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119320 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #4695 on: July 20, 2023, 08:50:40 PM »

No one.gave a shit when you posted the exact same thing yesterday. What makes you think anyone gives a shit today?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: July 20, 2023, 08:54:13 PM »

Like it or not...in today's world a man is judged by the car he owns/drives.
, among other things.
Other things, like job/career, income, looks, height, attire etc.
Gonna own a truck for work/play, might as well go big and beautiful.
The day I saw that new Tundra '1794' on Youtube I fell in love with it.
So roomy, so country, so me.
Wouldn't fit in my garage, would cost too much to buy and run, and wouldn't fit within the car spaces at the mall, though...so I'll just have to make do with a Corolla sedan or hatch if ever I need a new car.
But if I were a tradie, on tradie income, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: July 20, 2023, 10:02:14 PM »

Jason Aldean song is attacked by Progressives.
Song soars to number One, mainly because attacks are lies.

Funny how that works.

Yknow I would almost give you the thumbs up on that, because I have heard enough country music to understand where he is coming from.  I dont think the small town ethos of looking out for each other really needs to be taken as promotion of trigger happy vigilantes.  I can see how it makes an unpleasant thud on urban ears, and I understand why some might project the xenophobia and/or racism on the lyrics, but really I dont feel every small town song needs to combed over for nasty nits.

That said I am more a Mellencamp fan when it comes to small town songs. Mellencamp drills down to some truths, while this guy seems more about fantasizing.  Also some good small town tracks from the likes of Robert Johnson, Steve Earle, and Spruce Bringsteen.

And maybe next time research the history of the town square you are shooting the damned video in, director!

Oh yeah life goes on...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 10:08:42 PM by Oilcan »
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: July 21, 2023, 06:13:59 AM »

Jason Aldean deserves to learn what the fuck he is talking about. That means having his tired ass dragged behind a truck till most of his skin falls off and his heart stops, like they do in small towns.

If you do not know what I am talking about, look it up. A recent example happened in Texas.

You can be proud of anything if you are dumb enough. There are millions of Russians proud of how their war is going in Ukraine.

There are millions of republicans proud of abusing their children.

Sense does not come gently and sense cannot wait.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: July 21, 2023, 07:31:11 AM »

In bambuworld, Ford Mustang cars with petrol/gasoline engines are being recalled, some problem with them.
As that's happening an EV Mustang was being advertised on my tv.

I'm wary of vehicles built as left hand drive that are then changed to right hand drive, I can see how things might go wrong that.
Not sure if Mustangs sold here are built as left hand drive, and then converted, or built as right hand drive to start with.
One advantage of left hand drive is that if you're right handed you can easily shoot carjackers trying to open your driver's door.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 11:02:32 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: July 21, 2023, 07:51:42 AM »

Or to kill somebody when he cuts you off on the highway.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 01:17:14 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: July 21, 2023, 01:08:27 PM »

Jason Aldean deserves to learn what the fuck he is talking about. That means having his tired ass dragged behind a truck till most of his skin falls off and his heart stops, like they do in small towns.

The most common way small towns kill is by boredom. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: July 21, 2023, 01:15:37 PM »

Boredom is better by far than certain kinds of excitement.

Bambu cannot get a gun. He has to make do with a boomerang instead in his automotive defense arsenal.

Aileen Cannon timed the stolen secrets trial perfectly to deal a death blow to the GOP. It starts too late for any other republican to gain traction and early enough for donald to be processed, deloused and assigned his number before the convention.

Cannon has looked at the lay of the land and decided President Biden should run unopposed for his second term.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: July 21, 2023, 01:39:04 PM »

I suspect she will use pre trial motion practice to push it back. We will see.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: July 21, 2023, 03:36:04 PM »

RIP Tony Bennett, American icon and true gentleman and master of his craft.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: July 21, 2023, 04:52:43 PM »

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: July 21, 2023, 05:27:04 PM »

RIP Tony Bennett, American icon and true gentleman and master of his craft.

Second that.  Nice work if you can get it.

https://youtu.be/ABXEsMvCOXo

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: July 21, 2023, 05:45:17 PM »

Funny how that works.

Yknow I would almost give you the thumbs up on that, because I have heard enough country music to understand where he is coming from.  I dont think the small town ethos of looking out for each other really needs to be taken as promotion of trigger happy vigilantes.  I can see how it makes an unpleasant thud on urban ears, and I understand why some might project the xenophobia and/or racism on the lyrics, but really I dont feel every small town song needs to combed over for nasty nits.

That said I am more a Mellencamp fan when it comes to small town songs. Mellencamp drills down to some truths, while this guy seems more about fantasizing.  Also some good small town tracks from the likes of Robert Johnson, Steve Earle, and Spruce Bringsteen.

And maybe next time research the history of the town square you are shooting the damned video in, director!

The director and the Production Company must have.

The Courthouse was featured in a Runaway June music video for their 2019 song We Were Richthe 2022 Paramount holiday film Nashville Country Christmas with Tanya Tucker, and Miley Cyrus , the 2009 film "
Hannah Montana: The Movie.
Not mention a host of other backdrops over the years by local Nashville and Tennessee productions.

Maybe it is you that needs to do your homework.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: July 21, 2023, 05:50:37 PM »

Funny how that works.

The director and the Production Company must have.

The Courthouse was featured in a Runaway June music video for their 2019 song We Were Richthe 2022 Paramount holiday film Nashville Country Christmas with Tanya Tucker, and Miley Cyrus , the 2009 film "
Hannah Montana: The Movie.
Not mention a host of other backdrops over the years by local Nashville and Tennessee productions.

Maybe it is you that needs to do your homework.
Help me out here. Which of those movies had a heavily implied threat of vigilante justice as a main theme? My guess is Hannah Montana, the Movie.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: July 21, 2023, 06:25:13 PM »

There is very little that does not get Red to reach for his lynching shoes.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 566