Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119451 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #4800 on: July 30, 2023, 05:54:00 AM »

Bambu I am surprised to see you agreeing with Tony that things are run better when we kick all the white boys out of government. You are slow as fuck but it is good to see you come around to the side of reason.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: July 30, 2023, 06:01:06 AM »

The best decade of my life was the 1980s, back when we had Ronald Reagan as President. Since the 1990s everything has gone downhill in America. Some people do not understand until they become one of the homeless people out there on the street, once you are out on the street for a couple of years, then you understand the situation better. I was homeless in Hollywood and it was against the law to feed the homeless, that was what my home turned into, I was homeless in my own home state where I was born and it was against the law to feed me.

Wealthy Christians came from the Philippines to America and the wonderful people from the Philippines saved me and nurtured me back to health. We have immigrants who care more about the homeless than the local Americans do. Seriously, in Hollywood it was against the law to feed the homeless. We had people on the streets of Hollywood who looked like walking skeletons.

Finally Mayor Bass declared a State of Emergency and she is helping the homeless. We should have been helping the homeless this whole time.

And we need Hostels where people can take a shower and where they can sleep in a bed for $15 per night.

Salute,

Tony V.

Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: July 30, 2023, 10:50:08 AM »

When I first read of Phoenix record breaking streak of 16 days over 90 degrees, I misread it and was thinking, how is THAT a record?  Then it hit me what they meant.  Not the daily highs.  Never dropped below 90 for sixteen days even in the wee hours of the morning.

And even CACTI can't handle it.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/27/us/phoenix-arizona-heat-saguaro-cactuses/index.html
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: July 30, 2023, 11:12:31 AM »

Please no one give Tony an update on the state of the economy in Greece. It would break his heart.
I think tony's conception of Greece is Homeric. Temporally.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: July 30, 2023, 11:24:51 AM »

Poll
 U.S. Is a Land of Prayer, Belief in Heaven,
Angels, and the Supremacy of a Higher Power

Compared with the devil, angels carry more credence in America.

Angels even get more credence than, well, hell. More than astrology, reincarnation, and the belief that physical things can have spiritual energies.

In fact, about 7 in 10 U.S. adults say they believe in angels, according to a new poll by The Associated Press NORC Center for Public Affairs Research.
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/nation/nearly-7-in-10-u-s-adults-believe-in-angels-ap-norc-poll-finds

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: July 30, 2023, 11:29:19 AM »

Angels are being hunted to extinction by the republican party because they make cracked out old fuckers feel bad about their daily acts of anti-woke terrorism.

Jesus wept.

Then republicans called him gay and hit him with a truck.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: July 30, 2023, 11:37:52 AM »

I believe in Hedy Lamarr who helped invent frequency hopping, which was later modified for use in Bluetooth.  Somewhat angel-like. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 11:44:47 AM by Oilcan »
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: July 30, 2023, 03:33:16 PM »

When I first read of Phoenix record breaking streak of 16 days over 90 degrees, I misread it and was thinking, how is THAT a record?  Then it hit me what they meant.  Not the daily highs.  Never dropped below 90 for sixteen days even in the wee hours of the morning.

And even CACTI can't handle it.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/27/us/phoenix-arizona-heat-saguaro-cactuses/index.html

The climate is always changing.
Ice Ages come and go.
The globe heats and cools in 100,000 year cycles naturally.
The glaciers started melting 11,000 years ago.

Is man-made climate change real?
Is the Arizona heatwave caused by man-made climate change?
There are many questions.
Even learned scientists don't agree on the answers.

Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: July 30, 2023, 04:24:32 PM »

The findings show that consensus has increased across the board. The findings also reaffirm that consensus increases with the level of expertise -  the more you know about climate science, the more likely you are to understand that humans are responsible for climate change. Near 100 percent of scientists in our most expert group who identify as climatologists and actively publish in the peer-reviewed literature are in complete agreement that climate change is real and caused by humans, says Peter Doran.   

https://phys.org/news/2021-10-scientific-agreement-anthropogenic-nature-climate.html

(no paywall)

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: July 30, 2023, 07:44:50 PM »

The findings show that consensus has increased across the board. The findings also reaffirm that consensus increases with the level of expertise -  the more you know about climate science, the more likely you are to understand that humans are responsible for climate change. Near 100 percent of scientists in our most expert group who identify as climatologists and actively publish in the peer-reviewed literature are in complete agreement that climate change is real and caused by humans, says Peter Doran.   

https://phys.org/news/2021-10-scientific-agreement-anthropogenic-nature-climate.html

(no paywall)
Meanwhile back in the real world which includes real people not pointy headed experts

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-k-parliamentary-election-climate-policy-sadiq-khan-boris-johnson-5c5c0c9e

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/not-climate-change-causing-heat-waves-this-summer-explain

https://www.wsj.com/articles/we-will-never-run-out-of-resources-earth-ocean-tech-knowledge-engineering-e65f88c7

Oh, and by the way, Cacti in the Arizona desert can survive 96 minimum temps, just not grow as fast.
This ain t their first dance with the heat.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: July 30, 2023, 08:20:30 PM »

Poll
 U.S. Is a Land of Prayer, Belief in Heaven,
Angels, and the Supremacy of a Higher Power

Compared with the devil, angels carry more credence in America.

Angels even get more credence than, well, hell. More than astrology, reincarnation, and the belief that physical things can have spiritual energies.

In fact, about 7 in 10 U.S. adults say they believe in angels, according to a new poll by The Associated Press NORC Center for Public Affairs Research.
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/nation/nearly-7-in-10-u-s-adults-believe-in-angels-ap-norc-poll-finds

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: July 30, 2023, 08:54:38 PM »

(no paywall)
Meanwhile back in the real world which includes real people not pointy headed experts

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-k-parliamentary-election-climate-policy-sadiq-khan-boris-johnson-5c5c0c9e

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/not-climate-change-causing-heat-waves-this-summer-explain

https://www.wsj.com/articles/we-will-never-run-out-of-resources-earth-ocean-tech-knowledge-engineering-e65f88c7

Oh, and by the way, Cacti in the Arizona desert can survive 96 minimum temps, just not grow as fast.
This ain t their first dance with the heat.

I love that those who replace you have already stolen most of your carbon.

Thank you for taking time out of your ignominious demise to show us where the shittiest idiots stand on the issues of today.

I would ask you to get out of the way, but since you are a feckless twat and you are there already there is not really any point to it.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: July 30, 2023, 09:38:16 PM »

A security guard was beaten to death at a really cool little night club in Hollywood, the Dragonfly, it is a cool little club with a great smoking section, Willie Nelson would love the smoking section at the Dragonfly. The clubs all need more security and more cameras, etc.

In Israel they spend the money from recycling to spend on security guards, so at least they have some security. The money from the bottles and cans, etc, all goes to pay for security, and that is better than nothing, it is good to at least have some security.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: July 30, 2023, 09:52:30 PM »

WIP

It is still blank to me.

If you post elsewhere and use the Img tag I bet I would be able to see that though you may be avoiding that for an IP reason.

As for now I will just wonder what you are working on

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 567