Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119461 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #4935 on: August 07, 2023, 04:38:31 PM »

Tax the rich and fund comprehensive and effective services for all homeless including hosing, counseling, debt relief and job placement. Much simpler and better that way. Tori should not have to suffer. Nor should antbody else.

Tax the rich and fund the IRS to be sure they pay their fair share.

What is your formula to decide "rich".

10 or more times the average salary in annual income while holding 20 times the average annual salary in wealth.

In the US, our average salary is just about to hit 60,000 usd. If you are clearing 600,000 or more a year and hold 1.2 mil or more in assets you are rich. Anything you make beyond that should be taxed at a proportionally higher marginal rate and your additional wealth should be taxed too if you have any.

In OZ the average is closer to 70,000 Aussie bucks, so the salary target is 700,000 and wealth 1.4 mil.

they pay 50% of that $700, 000 over about $120,000 in federal taxation now.
$1.4mil?   the price of many many homes in Sydney...many close to Sydney city $2m+++.
Tax the family home?  not if you want to stay in govt.
The Left is now taxing investment properties to the hilt, so what are investors doing (many are 'mom and dad' investors)...selling the properties, bought by people to live in..less places for rent as a result.
Less supply, the rents increase.
So the homeless population is increasing..up 13% in Qld and 4% in NSW or something.
News said "more money will be needed for the homeless"...yet Albo and Co will be bringing in 700,000 new migrants in the next 12 months...it's madness.
You pay $10 for a pair of jeans, we have to pay $80.
Cash in the bank...not taxed, only income is taxed...we have to pay tax on the interest.
We, everyone, pays a GST 10% on just about everything we buy or any service. (Goods and Services Tax)
Have your car serviced...$400. plus $40 GST to the federal govt.
Restaurant bill $120...+ $12 GST.
Plumber's bill $150 + $15 GST.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: August 07, 2023, 04:48:44 PM »

Reaganomics was "Trickle Down" economics, Reagan lowered the taxes for the people at the top, so they could make more money, and in turn they could afford to pay their employees more money.

And for instance, Roy Rogers paid 90% in taxes after the first set amount, and Reagan lowered that amount so that Roy did not have to pay such high taxes. Sadly, the Rogers family ended up poor like Tori Spelling after Roy died. Roy Rogers' Grandchildren were poor and on Welfare. It would have been great if Roy could have at least passed down a few Roy Rogers Restaurants to his family, so they could have had money coming in from the work that Roy did all of his life. Roy worked hard.

It is sad to watch the great American families fall into poverty after the main breadwinners die.

The guy who wrote the movie "Amistad" used the money that he earned to buy 5 McDonald's restaurants in South Africa and he hired his family members to work at his restaurants, so they will always have an income and jobs. He was smart.

Dave Mustaine is investing in vineyards and a winery to pass down to his family after he dies, that is wise.

And I support low taxes, with good strong Labor Unions and Labor Laws, and good treatment and good money for workers, I support low taxes and lots of money for the bosses and I support Labor Unions and good pay for the workers. We need Unions to make sure the workers are paid fair.

Anyhow, it is sad when families spend hundreds of years working here in America just to end up homeless and poor, each generation is supposed to live better than the previous generation, and it is sad that all of the rich families are falling into poverty here in the USA.

And if I moved to Italy right now, I would be just as poor as if my family never came to America at all. We might as well have stayed in Europe. Although, I guess my family came to America at the time of the French Revolution in order to save their heads from the guillotine, so America was a blessing for the French at that time.

I support the American Dream, and I support the California Dream, and I support letting the workers earn good money, and I support letting business leaders get rich, and I want for their families to stay rich. I want for the great families to send their children to the best schools, and I want for the rich families to stay rich.

Tori Spelling should not be homeless. And I hope that the good people of Hollywood step up to help to save Tori Spelling.

Our families should not work for hundreds of years just to be homeless here. Something is wrong. We need for Americans to be able to acquire and retain wealth, and once a family is rich then they need to be able to stay rich, and their Grandchildren need to benefit from their wealth.

Salute,

Tony V.

Trickle down economics.

Pissing on your head and saying it is raining.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: August 07, 2023, 05:00:23 PM »

Reaganomics was "Trickle Down" economics, Reagan lowered the taxes for the people at the top, so they could make more money, and in turn they could afford to pay their employees more money.

And for instance, Roy Rogers paid 90% in taxes after the first set amount, and Reagan lowered that amount so that Roy did not have to pay such high taxes. Sadly, the Rogers family ended up poor like Tori Spelling after Roy died. Roy Rogers' Grandchildren were poor and on Welfare. It would have been great if Roy could have at least passed down a few Roy Rogers Restaurants to his family, so they could have had money coming in from the work that Roy did all of his life. Roy worked hard.

It is sad to watch the great American families fall into poverty after the main breadwinners die.

The guy who wrote the movie "Amistad" used the money that he earned to buy 5 McDonald's restaurants in South Africa and he hired his family members to work at his restaurants, so they will always have an income and jobs. He was smart.

Dave Mustaine is investing in vineyards and a winery to pass down to his family after he dies, that is wise.

And I support low taxes, with good strong Labor Unions and Labor Laws, and good treatment and good money for workers, I support low taxes and lots of money for the bosses and I support Labor Unions and good pay for the workers. We need Unions to make sure the workers are paid fair.

Anyhow, it is sad when families spend hundreds of years working here in America just to end up homeless and poor, each generation is supposed to live better than the previous generation, and it is sad that all of the rich families are falling into poverty here in the USA.

And if I moved to Italy right now, I would be just as poor as if my family never came to America at all. We might as well have stayed in Europe. Although, I guess my family came to America at the time of the French Revolution in order to save their heads from the guillotine, so America was a blessing for the French at that time.

I support the American Dream, and I support the California Dream, and I support letting the workers earn good money, and I support letting business leaders get rich, and I want for their families to stay rich. I want for the great families to send their children to the best schools, and I want for the rich families to stay rich.

Tori Spelling should not be homeless. And I hope that the good people of Hollywood step up to help to save Tori Spelling.

Our families should not work for hundreds of years just to be homeless here. Something is wrong. We need for Americans to be able to acquire and retain wealth, and once a family is rich then they need to be able to stay rich, and their Grandchildren need to benefit from their wealth.

Salute,

Tony V.

Spend more than you earn, you will end up homeless.
Spend inherited wealth, it'll be gone...like you never had it.

It costs money to be well groomed..the working homeless can afford it, and afford to keep a job.The unemployed homeless are the ones really suffering.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: August 07, 2023, 05:50:45 PM »

Education is the answer for your new immigrants Bambu, put them in college and train them to be your doctors and psychiatrists and nurses, etc.

And education and wise investing is wise for the rich people. Roy Rogers was uneducated, and so they took advantage of him. And all of the children from the Rogers family should have went to the best schools that America has to offer, Harvard, Yale, Stanford, etc, even Pepperdine where they could live on the beach while they receive an education. The Rogers family should have all went to college.

And Tori Spelling had training on the set of "Beverly Hills, 90210" and she should be producing like her Dad did. And she can bring in Emilio Estevez and other stars to help her, Emilio spent his whole life around show business. Then Tori can hire poor unknown actresses and actors such as Aurelia Scheppers, Mahlagha Jaberi, and Marli Buccola, and she can create new shows.

My Family started to educate our family before my Grandfather was killed, he sent my Mother's Cousin to school to become a Pharmacist and he owns his own Pharmacy in Fontana, California, now. Then my Father studied Business at Pepperdine, but then my Father was killed back in 1977. I tried to get an education, I attended Antelope Valley Community College, and I attended The American Academy of Dramatic Arts, and I did it all on my own, but it never paid off, though an education makes life fuller even if one does not make money. The main thing was that I tried, and I went to school instead of being a criminal and going to prison like my Uncles, I never sold meth, and I tried to stay honest. I may have been homeless, but I never sold meth.

Anyhow, poverty sucks, and I value an education.

Australia needs to build lots of colleges, and you can train the new immigrants to be your doctors, psychiatrists, nurses, etc.

I would love to sell my movie script right now, and open a night club in Rome, Italy, and find a nice Italian wife.

I have a friend who is a rock star, he was in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and other bands, and he came over and he helped me to write up a Business Plan for my Production Company, and he helped me to draw up a life plan for my life, and for qualities that I want in a wife, etc. He loves California, and he loves the USA, and he thinks that I can be successful right here in the USA and that I can make movies and have a wife and family here, etc. He is a dreamer like me, and I get excited and enthusiastic when I talk with him, he gets me to dream and then to write my dreams on paper and to take my dreams seriously as though they could really be attainable. He lives in Culver City and he has watched people make movies and television shows there his whole life, and he thinks that I could succeed in Hollywood. He is also a Christian and he wants me to start going to church every Sunday again and to have loyal Christian friends here in my community. He is helping me a lot. As we get older it is hard to keep the dreams of our youth alive, and it is nice to have friends who are dreamers who are trying to help me keep my dreams alive.

And if I have a family, then I would like to pass down some money making enterprises to my family, such as a night club, and a vineyard and winery, etc, along with my copyrights, etc. Right now I have 2 copyrights and I plan to have many more.

I think Aaron Spelling owned lots of copyrights, Candy needs to help Tori to produce some of the old copyrights that Aaron Spelling had, they can make "Charlie's Angels" and other television shows, and they can hire the new hot young stars from Social Media, and there is Aurelia Scheppers, Mahlagha Jaberi, and Marli Buccola.

And I support low taxes, and I support Labor Unions and good wages and benefits for workers. Instead of the money going to the government, I would rather see the money go to the people who create the jobs and see the money go to the workers. I would rather see money go to workers, instead of going to people on Welfare. I would rather see America be a nation of workers instead of being a poor ghetto nation on Welfare. And I want for us to build schools, libraries, and parks, in the ghettos, with coffee shops like in Amsterdam, we need to pump some money into making our ghettos nicer. And we need to reduce the misery. We need to fight against the bitter painful poverty in America. And we need to build schools, libraries, parks, and coffee shops, in the poor parts of Kentucky, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: August 07, 2023, 06:04:11 PM »

Candy says she will help her daughter and the kids.
Article seemed to say she was giving Tori money before but stopped doing so.
Who knows what's going on.

Tori had 5 children with her husband, now divorce or split seems to be on the cards with she left to raise the kids alone.
Maybe the 16 and 15 yr olds could seek part time employment.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: August 07, 2023, 06:15:00 PM »

Failed Nepo Babies are not high on my list of "must deal with" issues.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: August 07, 2023, 06:18:26 PM »

A US nuke submarine has docked in Australia...a tour of it shown on my tv news last night...part of the AUKUS pact.
Captain explained what it does/can do.
Australian crews to commence training.
Aaaah, I feel safer already.

Submariners are a special type of person...it was way too cramped for me.
I like to be able to always see out windows.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: August 07, 2023, 06:19:40 PM »

Shannon Doherty who was on "Beverly Hills, 90210" with Tori supported her poor family with money that she made from acting, she worked since she was a child as an actress to help to support her family.

Tori could get an agent for her children, and her children could act in movies and in television shows like Shannon Doherty did.

One television show that shoots here in Hollywood is the Soap Opera "The Young and the Restless" which films here at CBS, the show pays the actors very well, I had 3 teachers who worked on "The Young and the Restless" and back then the pay started out at $30,000 per week, and then it went up from there. One of my teachers, Karen Hensel, had been on the show for a while and she was making over $100,000 per week on "The Young and the Restless."

I know an agent, Rod Baron of Baron Entertainment, he would help Tori Spelling and her family if she needs an agent for her and her children. But, I am sure Tori knows lots of good agents.

I met Tori on the set of "Beverly Hills, 90210" and she was beautiful, and she was nice. Shannon Doherty was there, and Jason Priestley, and the whole cast of the show was there, I spent the whole day with them, it was great.

I am sure people will help Tori and her children.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 07:35:35 PM by FlyingVProd »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: August 07, 2023, 06:26:09 PM »

I met Tori on the set of "Beverly Hills, 90210" and she was beautiful, and she was nice. Shannon Doherty was there, and Jason Priestley, and the whole cast of the show was there, I spent the whole day with them, it was great...
...except for the resulting TRO.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: August 07, 2023, 06:34:48 PM »

"Are we poor now, mommy"?  is becoming a more common event in Western society today.
Women who once donated expensive dresses etc to charity shops, and food to charities ...are now shopping at said charity shops and eating at free kitchens for the homeless...their husbands having lost their well-paying jobs...the cars, holidays, their cell phones and those of the kids, the nice house etc...all gone.
Maybe you could deal with it be lobbying for better education in schools of the perils of financial mismanagement.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 06:39:51 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: August 07, 2023, 06:50:06 PM »

Education is the best thing that we can do for our people.

Julie Rogers just wrote a book about her Grandparents Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, and it is selling a lot of copies, she is doing well. And she married a man who is an Italian-American from San Francisco and his family has money from Italian Restaurants in San Francisco. So Julie is doing well. And Julie went to college, she is college educated. They have a nice home in Carson City, Nevada, now, where it is cheap to live, and they are doing great.

Julie is making her own money with her education and with her ability to write novels.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: August 07, 2023, 06:56:22 PM »

Many people are living life in vans today, everything from mini vans to delivery vans to mobile homes (RVs)...in America best to have guns for self defence.
They need income of some sort to survive, ...van has to be maintained, there's food, internet, phones,  water etc to be purchased.
Many of them work from the vans, have businesses, ...or "work from home" remotely for an employer.
Some reportedly work for large tech companies and live in their carparks.
YouTube videos show/tell all.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: August 07, 2023, 07:17:24 PM »

Housing is expensive in California, and lots of good, honest, hard working people are living in their cars. The answer is to have Hostels where people can take a nice shower and where they can sleep in a comfortable bed for $15 per night. Sober Living Homes where people can rent a bed for $500 per month are also great.

California is expensive, but it is easy to make money if you are smart and if you have help to open your own business, etc. We have 50,000 tourists per day in Anaheim if one can figure out something to sell to the tourists, such as food, a hotel room, souvenirs, etc. And my Mother has a cousin who is pretty rich from his Pharmacy in Fontana.

But, if you are a writer then you can live someplace cheaper, such as Carson City, Nevada, and you do not have to pay the high prices for housing like in California.

And in Battle Mountain, Nevada, you can buy land for $1,000 per acre. But, Battle Mountain does not have 50,000 tourists per day to sell stuff to. Battle Mountain has under 5,000 people in their total population, and they have the highway so you can sell food to people on the highway, etc, but you cannot make the big bucks selling stuff to tourists like in Anaheim.

Salute,

Tony V. 

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: August 07, 2023, 08:00:07 PM »

Trickle down economics.

Pissing on your head and saying it is raining.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: August 07, 2023, 08:02:32 PM »

Thanks for spelling that out!
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 567