Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119331 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #4980 on: August 08, 2023, 05:46:59 PM »

Christians need to renounce guns, the republican death cult and their entire ethno-nationalist project along with mining for fossil fuels. Otherwise there is no needle eye big enough to admit them.

Christians, persecuted everywhere in the world today, need to buy more guns, arm themselves to the max so when they're attacked they can at least fight back.
I only got *respect*and stopped the physical persecution of me in high school by making a nail rod at home, carrying it in my school case ( no back packs then)...and using it.

The only thing the violent understand is violence.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: August 08, 2023, 05:55:44 PM »

How much can you donate to charity for a tax deduction? Generally, itemizers can deduct 20% to 60% of their adjusted gross income for charitable donations. The exact percentage depends on the type of qualified contribution as well as the charity or organization. Jul 11, 2023

-----------

We need to help the poor and the needy like it says in Matthew 25: 31-46.

We are going to win people over for Christ by doing good Christian acts of kindness, and by helping the homeless, and the orphans, etc, etc, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: August 08, 2023, 06:31:17 PM »

Atop the Sydney Harbour Bridge fly two giant flags...one on each side of the arch.

The Aboriginal flag...representing Black people, on one side, ....and....the National flag containing the British Union Jack, 7 point Federation Star, and stars of the Southern Cross...representing 'White/Everyone else' people on the other side.
Please tell me how that is not 'segregation' and 'division'.
Please tell me how that is "We are ONE".
I wonder which of the two flags you approve of.

A word in the national anthem was changed recently...
Hopefully, from "jumbuck" to "sheep". Speak English, fools.
Oh, and around Sydney now they're putting up, in bright letters 2'6" and 3' high, at the entrance to suburbs...

LITTLE VIETNAM

LITTLE INDIA, LITTLE ITALY etc.

Gotta love assimilation.  lol

Coming to America soon?
Yeah, like maybe in 1850. Forget it bambu its Chinatown, Korea Town,, Little Italy, Slavic Village, Little Warsaw and the like and they have been around the US for decades. And their people get assimilated just fine in a generation. No reason to think that will change.

Jumbuck, tucker bag etc are in song Waltzing Matilda.
Maybe the swagman had killed the sheep and just had some of the meat in his tucker bag.
Who knows.
Poetic licence is a wonderful thing.  lol

Advance Australia Fair is the National anthem.

Liar. If it is not Waltzing Matilda, it is Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport, which also bothers me because it talks, or rather sings, of a "platypus duck." A platypus is not a duck. Or any bird. That is just a foul mistake.
In it you might not like the word 'girt'...lol

"We've golden soil and wealth for toil
Our home is girt by sea".
I take it "girt" is slang for "penal colony".

lol
 girt = framed
"Our land is framed by sea"

America was a British penal colony long before Australia was. lol
Only when Britain was kicked out of America did it start a penal colony in Australia instead, in 1788.

xxxxxx

It ...is...Waltzing Matilda...the swagman, billabong, jumbuck, tucker bag, Squatter (rancher).

Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport...totally weird song...never liked it or the singer.

xxxxxxx

Two flags?
Imagine the US flag, and another flag, one representing say Black people, or some other race, always flying together everywhere, with equality.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 06:43:06 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: August 08, 2023, 08:45:06 PM »

Christians need to renounce guns, the republican death cult and their entire ethno-nationalist project along with mining for fossil fuels. Otherwise there is no needle eye big enough to admit them.

Christians, persecuted everywhere in the world today, need to buy more guns, arm themselves to the max so when they're attacked they can at least fight back.
I only got *respect*and stopped the physical persecution of me in high school by making a nail rod at home, carrying it in my school case ( no back packs then)...and using it.

Jesus wept.

No needle eye for you, Bambu
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: August 08, 2023, 08:46:03 PM »

Christ has enough problems, Tony. Just look at Bambu
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: August 08, 2023, 08:51:04 PM »

Inglewood, California, is doing great because of the stadiums there, there is the Forum, and So Fi Stadium, and the money is flowing into Inglewood. Right now they are rolling in cash because of Taylor Swift.

Food, drinks, hotel rooms, souvenirs, etc, etc, etc. Inglewood is rising in the world. Inglewood used to be a poor ghetto, but now the money is flowing into Inglewood.

And Inglewood has new restaurants, and a new Cinenopolis movie theatre, etc, etc, etc. Inglewood is creating a lot of great stuff for the tourists and for the locals.

Inglewood, and Compton, used to be ghettos, but now they are developing and growing and building, and they are creating good stuff for the tourists, etc. The locals may have problems with gentrification but they have new movie theatres to enjoy and new restaurants, etc, and they can make money by selling stuff to the tourists.

It is good to see some bright positive things happening in California.

And may God bless Taylor Swift, the money is pouring into Inglewood right now.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: August 08, 2023, 10:15:00 PM »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/08/hillary-clinton-essay-loneliness-epidemic/674921/

A clear-eyed look at how to restore our communities and our interpersonal connections.  Smart lady.

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: August 08, 2023, 10:56:15 PM »

We need to raise kind, compassionate, Christian leaders, Bambu, not ignorant cannon fodder who just rush headfirst into cannon fire. And blessed are the peacemakers.

Here is what we need to do...

We need to raise kind and compassionate and empathetic Christian children, who rise to become great leaders and who go on to help other people. Pepperdine is a Christian college, and they are training leaders to help the poor, and to help to make the world a better place.

So, we need to raise good peaceful children, like in Catholic schools, there will be no violence. The boys can have Martial Arts, and Boxing, and Wrestling, but no fighting on the playground. There will be peace, and discipline, they will study hard, but they can have fun teachers and it could be fun. Here in California a lot of teachers are actors, and I had a teacher who used to come to class as different characters, one day he would be Edgar Allen Poe, and the next day he would be Mark Twain, he was great, the world needs good teachers like him. And I had a teacher for Euclidean Geometry who was a Magician at the Magic Castle in Hollywood, he was great. We can have good fun teachers.

And the children can study acting, and film, and other forms of art.

I loved Social Studies as a Kid, and I loved to learn about other cultures and about people. We need to teach the children Social Studies.

And Science, etc. And they can make Paper Airplanes, and they can launch model rockets, etc. And they can build robots, etc. Also, they can learn all about computers, etc. They all need to know how to use an Apple computer, etc.

And the youth can have groups like Youth For Christ and they can go help orphans in Mexico, etc.

There is also the YMCA, etc, etc, etc.

Then the youth need to all go to college. We can start small by sending everyone to community college for free, and then we can see who the leaders are, etc, and people can rise in areas where they have aptitude.

After community college the youth can go to Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Pepperdine, etc.

The actors can go to Julliard, and to the American Academy of Dramatic Arts (Where I went).

There is USC film school, and Chapman film school, and NYU film school, for the people who want to be filmmakers.

Then the people need to be on a mission to do good with their lives like my dearly departed Christian friend from the Philippines, she spent her whole life helping the homeless. And I want to help orphans, and I want to help people. We need to teach the young people how to have purpose and how to enjoy doing service, etc.

There is also politics, etc.

And sports, etc.

We need to raise kind gentle geniuses who spend their lives working to make our world a better place.

Blessed are the peacemakers.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 11:00:00 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: August 08, 2023, 11:35:43 PM »

Jesus wept.

I am not a rich man.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: August 09, 2023, 12:16:42 AM »

We need to raise kind, compassionate, Christian leaders, Bambu, not ignorant cannon fodder who just rush headfirst into cannon fire. And blessed are the peacemakers.

Here is what we need to do...

We need to raise kind and compassionate and empathetic Christian children, who rise to become great leaders and who go on to help other people. Pepperdine is a Christian college, and they are training leaders to help the poor, and to help to make the world a better place.

So, we need to raise good peaceful children, like in Catholic schools, there will be no violence. The boys can have Martial Arts, and Boxing, and Wrestling, but no fighting on the playground. There will be peace, and discipline, they will study hard, but they can have fun teachers and it could be fun. Here in California a lot of teachers are actors, and I had a teacher who used to come to class as different characters, one day he would be Edgar Allen Poe, and the next day he would be Mark Twain, he was great, the world needs good teachers like him. And I had a teacher for Euclidean Geometry who was a Magician at the Magic Castle in Hollywood, he was great. We can have good fun teachers.

And the children can study acting, and film, and other forms of art.

I loved Social Studies as a Kid, and I loved to learn about other cultures and about people. We need to teach the children Social Studies.

And Science, etc. And they can make Paper Airplanes, and they can launch model rockets, etc. And they can build robots, etc. Also, they can learn all about computers, etc. They all need to know how to use an Apple computer, etc.

And the youth can have groups like Youth For Christ and they can go help orphans in Mexico, etc.

There is also the YMCA, etc, etc, etc.

Then the youth need to all go to college. We can start small by sending everyone to community college for free, and then we can see who the leaders are, etc, and people can rise in areas where they have aptitude.

After community college the youth can go to Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Pepperdine, etc.

The actors can go to Julliard, and to the American Academy of Dramatic Arts (Where I went).

There is USC film school, and Chapman film school, and NYU film school, for the people who want to be filmmakers.

Then the people need to be on a mission to do good with their lives like my dearly departed Christian friend from the Philippines, she spent her whole life helping the homeless. And I want to help orphans, and I want to help people. We need to teach the young people how to have purpose and how to enjoy doing service, etc.

There is also politics, etc.

And sports, etc.

We need to raise kind gentle geniuses who spend their lives working to make our world a better place.

Blessed are the peacemakers.

Salute,

Tony V.

I was a kind, compassionate and gentle Christian child...where did that get me at school and in the workforce?
Nowhere....nothing but used and abused,
belted with a cane by the school principal for looking at my watch in assembly, as I was nearly fainting in the outdoors heat.
Not until I used the nail rod on the physically assaulting bully at school [and became good friends with a boy from my home 'town' [suburb], a Lebanese boy who said "hey bambu, here...look at my new switch blade knife"]....did I find peace at school.
Ah yes, the two ........boys, armed with rod and knife, lived a peaceful life at school.
I also bought a whip.
Saw knife boy interviewed on my tv news about a decade ago, when churches in the middle east were being attacked and it was thought the attacks could come to bambuworld...he's now a respected elder of a well-known church...gotta love knife boy.

I'm thinking of becoming the Rev Dr bambu, by doing some online study/courses/exams.
Apparently one can buy degrees online for not much money. Not from Harvard, but lesser known tertiary education institutions, maybe they only exist online.

At about age 16, in the bathroom, I told my father "No" to something, just chores or similar, he got angry and punched me, knocked me into the bath.
Ouch!
So I went out and bought a 'Rambo' type knife at the army disposal store...told mommy dearest to keep my father away from me.

I fared much better than my cousins, their father regularly flogged them with a leather belt. One day mommy dearest took us for a visit in the daytime. Uncle got angry about something and gave the boys a hiding. You could hear the belt on flesh as he thrashed them, he worked out at the gym, muscleman.
I never went there again.
He died 'early', good riddance to bad rubbish.

Not until I repaid the violent office supervisor .....who thought I was so "beaten down" that he could hit me with a rather heavy computer binder because he was angry that a customer was at the counter after closing time.....with 3 steps after him and kicked him in the butt wearing leather riding boots.
He complained to mrs bambu at the office Christmas party, she gave him no sympathy, told him he should not have assaulted me. Mrs bambu is the kind you want in the 'trenches' with you.

Yes, the violent only understand violence...it's plain to see.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 12:25:58 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: August 09, 2023, 01:13:21 AM »

The only thing that prevents us from doing great things is the road blocks in our mind.

I lived with the rich people all of my life, and my Brother married Roy Rogers and Dale Evans' Granddaughter, etc.

We need to teach our children how to think, and about Philosophy, and about Rhetoric, Logic, Poetry, etc.

Bambu, I recommend Pepperdine for the young men from Australia who want to study and surf. Latigo Beach is full of stars and Pepperdine Professors, and the Pepperdine students go there to surf. Latigo Beach is where I learned how to surf. On a pink surfboard owned by a 15 year old girl.

I lived in Malibu like a star for 1 year. And I had a roommate who was the daughter of a Chinese General. God sent me to make the Peace.

We need to start returning goods to the Chinese, such as California wine, and California cheese from Joseph Farms, etc, and we can send Sunkist orange juice and Coca Cola and McDonald's Restaurants.

And the Pope is trying to expand the Catholic Church into China, We are going to win China over for the Catholic Church.

Peace.

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 01:22:26 AM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: August 09, 2023, 01:31:46 AM »

Bambu, in Rome everyone is a Christian, and we all love each other and there are churches everywhere. I lived across the street from the Church of Saint Lawrence. I went there to pray.

Saint Lawrence was in charge of the money from the Church, so an evil ruler demanded the wealth of the Church, so Saint Lawrence brought the poor and the orphans and the widows, etc, and Saint Lawrence told the Mother Fucker that the wealth of the Church was the poor who the Church helped.

The evil ruler burned Saint Lawrence alive. After Saint Lawrence performed miracles in prison.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: August 09, 2023, 04:30:55 AM »

Jesus wept.

I am not a rich man.

You are a piece of shit, the kind Christ consigns to Hell in the last judgement.

No harp for you, Bambu.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: August 09, 2023, 04:32:33 AM »

Bambu, in Rome everyone is a Christian, and we all love each other and there are churches everywhere. I lived across the street from the Church of Saint Lawrence. I went there to pray.

Saint Lawrence was in charge of the money from the Church, so an evil ruler demanded the wealth of the Church, so Saint Lawrence brought the poor and the orphans and the widows, etc, and Saint Lawrence told the Mother Fucker that the wealth of the Church was the poor who the Church helped.

The evil ruler burned Saint Lawrence alive. After Saint Lawrence performed miracles in prison.

Salute,

Tony V.

They say travel broadens your mind till you cant get your head out of doors.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: August 09, 2023, 06:32:31 AM »

Travel?
I was terrified when mrs bambu announced that part of her travel as well as to Japan was to Hong Kong (Disneyland).
As luck would have it, that was before things in Hong Kong turned very bad.
...and she returned safely.

Overseas travel is not for me.
"Banged up abroad" I would be destroyed in my soul.
Not worth the risk.

Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 566