Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119457 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5055 on: August 12, 2023, 01:22:44 AM »

Tony, you are down a judge in Anaheim.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/aug/11/california-judge-jeffrey-ferguson-shot-wife-texts

The fat old white republican shot his wife. They seized his whole arsenal. It is the typical small penis syndrome situation typical of many white men. It is a good thing they caught the guy. He will see a lot of familiar faces in prison.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 01:25:57 AM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: August 12, 2023, 03:33:32 PM »

Tony, you are down a judge in Anaheim.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/aug/11/california-judge-jeffrey-ferguson-shot-wife-texts

The fat old white republican shot his wife. They seized his whole arsenal. It is the typical small penis syndrome situation typical of many white men. It is a good thing they caught the guy. He will see a lot of familiar faces in prison.

Sad situation. And sad that they had a guy like that as a judge here.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: August 12, 2023, 04:53:41 PM »

https://gradycartoons.com/recent-works/

Two new cartoons.

Thanks, enjoyed catching up there with the last half dozen or so.  Assuming you are a craftsman who looks for any feedback that hones your skills, I will note one caricature that needs work - your Zuck.  I'm shit as a sketcher, but will guess that you can bring out his features with slightly more angle on the face and maybe more oilyness?  DK, but keep em coming.  Art, for me, was the Road Not Taken (wood sculpture)(I still find cutting and chiseling and planing wood very relaxing). 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: August 12, 2023, 05:00:44 PM »

Katie Hobbs of Arizona looks like a good Governor, she was a social worker who helped abused women, and she is a Roman Catholic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Hobbs

We can have nice little farming villages in Arizona where they can grow Winter Vegetables for New York, Chicago, Detroit, Cincinnati, etc. The United Farm Workers can work together with Katie Hobbs and with the farmers to grow wonderful Winter Vegetables for our cities. Everyone can win.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: August 12, 2023, 09:56:41 PM »

My favorite city is Rome, Italy, it is my favorite place. So, that is what we need to copy here in Anaheim, we need fountains, and libraries, and book stores, etc. And Anaheim needs to build some film and television studios. And every neighborhood needs a coffee shop, etc.

Peace.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: August 13, 2023, 11:56:01 AM »

Charlottesville 8/12/2017

Never forget

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: August 13, 2023, 03:46:28 PM »

So Maui installed 80 alarm sirens on the island and none of them were activated.  There will be some investigating into this later, I expect.  I wonder if the high winds had already knocked out part of the grid, which prevented the alarm network from operating.  If so, they will hopefully look into autonomous power setups for each siren.

Reminded me of the Cloquet fire in northern Minnesota, which was also terribly fast due to high winds and also had many surviving by running into a body of water.  I expect running into a Minnesota lake in October presented rigors that the Pacific doesn't. 

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: August 13, 2023, 03:48:19 PM »

My favorite city is Rome, Italy, it is my favorite place

Really?  Thanks.  I just joined Elba five minutes ago, so that's really useful new information!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: August 13, 2023, 06:51:28 PM »

Charlottesville 8/12/2017

Never forget

Damn straight.

The tiki boys are always looking for a way back into the light as they plan their next evils.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: August 13, 2023, 06:57:47 PM »

So Maui installed 80 alarm sirens on the island and none of them were activated.  There will be some investigating into this later, I expect.  I wonder if the high winds had already knocked out part of the grid, which prevented the alarm network from operating.  If so, they will hopefully look into autonomous power setups for each siren.

Reminded me of the Cloquet fire in northern Minnesota, which was also terribly fast due to high winds and also had many surviving by running into a body of water.  I expect running into a Minnesota lake in October presented rigors that the Pacific doesn't.

That is one of the rippiest coasts in the world and some damn powerful currents. Do not undersell the Big Blue for majesty or destructive potential. Not that a lake swim in Minnesota autumn sounds like a good time.

The Joshua trees are cooking off in the high desert. They tend to be spread out, so I read it as more of a tragedy than a danger to population centers at the moment.   

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: August 13, 2023, 07:20:54 PM »

The cost of generating electricity from the sun and wind is falling fast and in many areas is now cheaper than gas, oil or coal. Private investment is flooding into companies that are jockeying for advantage in emerging green industries.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/08/12/climate/clean-energy-us-fossil-fuels.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: August 13, 2023, 07:24:55 PM »

That is one of the rippiest coasts in the world and some damn powerful currents. Do not undersell the Big Blue for majesty or destructive potential. Not that a lake swim in Minnesota autumn sounds like a good time.

The Joshua trees are cooking off in the high desert. They tend to be spread out, so I read it as more of a tragedy than a danger to population centers at the moment.   

Even the Saguaros are dying in the heat

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: August 13, 2023, 07:38:00 PM »

The cost of generating electricity from the sun and wind is falling fast and in many areas is now cheaper than gas, oil or coal. Private investment is flooding into companies that are jockeying for advantage in emerging green industries.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/08/12/climate/clean-energy-us-fossil-fuels.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

Oh magic oracle, free this plain text for the massive unwashed such as I.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 567