Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119394 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5070 on: August 13, 2023, 09:46:25 PM »

When their history includes their struggle to make America become the America it claims to be, then that erasure simply discredits the entire American history curriculum.  It makes me want to come up with a nasty Arkansas joke.

Ok, taking a shot.

What is the definition of an Arkansas virgin?

A girl who can outrun her brother and her father!
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: August 14, 2023, 02:53:44 AM »

The Filipinos make up almost one third of the people in Hawaii.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipinos_in_Hawaii

There was a crazy Guy who burned Rome so he could rebuild it, Nero, then he blamed the Christians for the fire.

It is sad that Hawaii burned and that some people died, but now is a chance to rebuild the area that burned in Hawaii. They can rebuild Hawaii while using their wildest imaginations. They can spare no expense, and they can build a tourist's paradise in Hawaii.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: August 14, 2023, 03:52:38 AM »

When their history includes their struggle to make America become the America it claims to be, then that erasure simply discredits the entire American history curriculum.  It makes me want to come up with a nasty Arkansas joke.

Ok, taking a shot.

What is the definition of an Arkansas virgin?

A girl who can outrun her brother and her father!

Arkansas is the place they resettled the convicts too fucked up for the penal colony of Georgia if you can imagine such a thing. It is Australia squared, a god forsaken, depraved waste populated by the cousin-uncle of every motherfucker to malformed and mistreated to make it anywhere else.

The bipeds in Arkansas waltz across to Nebraska or Texas. What is left gives you that fine greeting you only get in Little Rock and similar. If you see light glimmer on their single fucking tooth, it is already too late. Cue the banjos.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: August 14, 2023, 08:16:07 AM »

I worked with a man from Arkansas, he was very nice, as was his wife.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: August 14, 2023, 02:21:14 PM »

Meanwhile, in Leftist land...Australia.
 Daily Telegraph headliine today:
"Anti-Semitism rife at unis amid Israel conflict."
(I left out the racist/religious slur that was quoted in the headline).

"Lefist groups on campuses across the country have been 'ostracising' and harassing Jewish students, with a national survey revealing that two thirds of Jews have faced anti Semitism from their university peers- and staff".

#####

Well there you go.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: August 14, 2023, 03:42:00 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: August 14, 2023, 03:43:37 PM »

Meanwhile, in Leftist land...Australia.
 Daily Telegraph headliine today:
"Anti-Semitism rife at unis amid Israel conflict."
(I left out the racist/religious slur that was quoted in the headline).

"Lefist groups on campuses across the country have been 'ostracising' and harassing Jewish students, with a national survey revealing that two thirds of Jews have faced anti Semitism from their university peers- and staff".

#####

Well there you go.

Bibi should think about what he is doing to those poor students in Oz and elsewhere. Terrible policies usually have predictable knock on effects like these.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: August 14, 2023, 04:15:13 PM »

I worked with a man from Arkansas, he was very nice, as was his wife.

An Arkansas farm wife sent her son out to find a stray mare.  He returned an hour later.  Did you find her? asked Ma.   He said, I came across her in the south pasture.  Ma said, well, wash her off! 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: August 14, 2023, 04:21:33 PM »

The only safe animal to be in Arkansas is a hedgehog.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: August 14, 2023, 04:35:19 PM »

My Grandfather was born in Mena, Arkansas. He was a strong man. He hitch-hiked from Arkansas to California at 11 years old with his brothers during the Great Depression. He had some successful businesses here in California, including a Hard Wood Floor Company in Hollywood. His nephew owns a pharmacy in Fontana, California, after my Grandfather paid for him to go to college.

I still have relatives in Mena, Arkansas, they own a Real Estate business there, etc, my Mother is friends with them, but they ignored me when I sent them an email. Anyhow, my family from Arkansas were Cowboys, they were all pioneers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mena,_Arkansas

Of note, when I was attending The American Academy of Dramatic Arts there was a woman there from Arkansas, and she was the most beautiful woman in the school, and she was a great actress. Arkansas has lots of great people, and beautiful women.

Salute,

Tony V.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: August 14, 2023, 05:28:41 PM »

The Clintons served well there. Could not wait to leave though.

from the web

Arkansas is filled with natural beauty from the Ozark Mountains to the Hot Springs National Park, perfect for outdoor enthusiasts. And with charming small towns and vibrant city centers, there are plenty of reasons to consider calling Arkansas home. If you
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: August 14, 2023, 05:33:00 PM »

Arkansas is a good place for the refugees from Ukraine, send them to Mena. They can build schools, and libraries, and they can build whatever.

One time we were doing scene work at the AADA, and the beautiful young actress from Arkansas changed clothes in front of me backstage, she was so beautiful.

And if their teeth are bad then that would be a great place to build Dental Schools, and they can train Dentists, etc. ( By the way, be sure to have the teeth of the children sealed after they get their permanent teeth, and ACT mouth wash seals their teeth. )

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: August 14, 2023, 05:33:26 PM »

Arkansas is the only place in the US where you can dig for diamonds. Least ways, with any chance for success.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: August 14, 2023, 06:12:41 PM »

Kiwanis International

1 hour

Kiwanis is serious about youth protection.

That is why we have created a toll-free, confidential helpline that can be used 24 hours a day by Kiwanis family members and the youth we serve. To access the U.S. helpline, call 866-607-SAFE (7233).

--------

California, Nevada, and Hawaii are all in the same district in Kiwanis, and for sure Kiwanis will be working hard to help the people of Hawaii.

Kiwanis is also International, and Kiwanis is working hard to help the people of Ukraine, and others who need help.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 566