Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119469 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5115 on: August 17, 2023, 09:01:33 AM »

Wind turbines fail, and...who wants a wind turbine in their 'yard' ?

. Wind turbine blades kill thousands of migratory birds.
. Most wind turbines need a sustained wind speed of 9mph or higher to operate. A still morning with 'an afternoon sea breeze' doesn't cut it.
. Wind turbines are noisy, have health hazards for humans.
. Wind turbines compromise wildlife habits.

Wind turbines are bad news.

"Residents oppose offshore wind project".
"Paddle-out protest over wind farm".
"Community meeting on proposed wind farm".
"Hundreds of residents lined the shore today in protest of the Offshore wind project".
"Wind farm will no longer be situated there".
But residents love it when a huge coal burning plant gets built in their neighborhood, right? You are a horrible consumer of news.

Note there is a potential typo lurking near "news" that makes that last sentence horrific.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: August 17, 2023, 12:40:03 PM »

You know, Tony, I think it was Barack Obama who noted that when people begin a sentence with "I am not racist against the Black people, but..." it never ends well. And yours did not.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: August 17, 2023, 05:30:52 PM »

In Nevada they teach you that "The House Always Wins" and it needs to be the same way with the United States, the house must always win.

We had Alexander Hamilton, and James Madison, and the others, and they set the USA up for success, they set it up for the house to always win.

Alexander Hamilton set up the Bank of New York so that we could borrow money from ourselves instead of getting in debt to foreign nations, and then they created income for the USA by putting tariffs on imports, and tariffs on imports were the main source of income for the government until World War 1.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: August 17, 2023, 05:44:17 PM »

It is hard with race in the USA. It would be easier if we were all the same race like Israel with the Jews, Israel is the most united nation in the world in my opinion. We need to have the same equality that Israel has, only we need to do it with all of the world's people, and all people need to be equal.

In Israel it is easy to take care of the poor and to help the young people to get started in Business, etc, they just naturally take care of their own people, and plus they are all Jews and God told them to take care of each other and to help the poor. But, in the USA we are all different, and people may not feel connected to a homeless person, they do not feel any obligation to help that homeless person, even if the homeless person is a Veteran who put his life in danger for the USA then the people still do not feel any obligation to help that homeless person.

Christians are supposed to give 10% to the Church, and the Church is supposed to help the homeless and the widows and the orphans, etc, but many people are not Christians.

So we need to have all people as equals, and we have Social Security, and Health Care, for all people, and finally now with Mayor Bass we are helping the homeless people in Los Angeles. The USA is learning and growing and we are helping the homeless people now, we are making progress.

We need for the USA to have the same unity that Israel has, and to help our poor and our people with the same purpose that Israel does. We need for all men to be equal, just like the Jews are equal. And we need for the USA to be united with the same connection to each other that the Jews have.

The USA is a one of a kind nation, this is the only place that is for all people of the world, and where all people are equal. It is hard, but we are making progress.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: August 17, 2023, 06:01:09 PM »

It is hard with race in the USA. It would be easier if we were all the same race like Israel with the Jews, Israel is the most united nation in the world in my opinion. We need to have the same equality that Israel has, only we need to do it with all of the world's people, and all people need to be equal.

In Israel it is easy to take care of the poor and to help the young people to get started in Business, etc, they just naturally take care of their own people, and plus they are all Jews...

Good grief.

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: August 17, 2023, 06:11:57 PM »

Seriously, is there any way to get Josh back to resume his duties as a moderator?  No, never mind, I can see why he would not want to take up that Sisyphean task again.  I did admire that thing he did for a short while where he could red highlight posters factually incorrect statements and so label them. 

What minimal bit of research would it have required to find out that 26% of Israels population is not Jewish?  Or that it would be considerably more if 700,000 native Palestinian Arabs had not been forced out in 1948? 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: August 17, 2023, 06:24:15 PM »

Megan Kelly slammed the USA Women's Soccer team over their performance during their national anthem..."except the blonde on the end".

Megan Kelly was outraged that the American women weren't singing their national anthem (like other teams were singing theirs), or if they didn't know the words at least place hand on heart.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 06:57:38 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: August 17, 2023, 06:47:58 PM »

In Israel it is easy to take care of the poor and to help the young people to get started in Business, etc, they just naturally take care of their own people, and plus they are all Jews and God told them to take care of each other and to help the poor. But, in the USA we are all different, and people may not feel connected to a homeless person, they do not feel any obligation to help that homeless person, even if the homeless person is a Veteran who put his life in danger for the USA then the people still do not feel any obligation to help that homeless person.

Christians are supposed to give 10% to the Church, and the Church is supposed to help the homeless and the widows and the orphans, etc, but many people are not Christians.

So we need to have all people as equals, and we have Social Security, and Health Care, for all people, and finally now with Mayor Bass we are helping the homeless people in Los Angeles. The USA is learning and growing and we are helping the homeless people now, we are making progress.

We need for the USA to have the same unity that Israel has, and to help our poor and our people with the same purpose that Israel does. We need for all men to be equal, just like the Jews are equal. And we need for the USA to be united with the same connection to each other that the Jews have.

The USA is a one of a kind nation, this is the only place that is for all people of the world, and where all people are equal. It is hard, but we are making progress.

Salute,

Tony V.

Easier, Tony?

What, you mean like in Japan, China, etc?
Yes, only one race, one culture.
Sure is easier.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: August 17, 2023, 06:54:02 PM »

In Israel it is easy to take care of the poor and to help the young people to get started in Business, etc, they just naturally take care of their own people, and plus they are all Jews...

Good grief.
Between ignoring the existence of Palestinians and the tacit belief if ethnicpurity, I can't even. Just... no.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: August 17, 2023, 07:05:25 PM »

Good grief.
Between ignoring the existence of Palestinians and the tacit belief if ethnicpurity, I can't even. Just... no.

Why not?  There are people in America cheering against America in sport.
Should they be allowed to do that and go unpunished?

American, or living in America as a permanent resident, and cheering against America, there's a name for that isn't there?

Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: August 17, 2023, 07:16:45 PM »

Good grief.

American, or living in America as a permanent resident, and cheering against America, there's a name for that isn't there?
What in God's Holy Name are you blabbering about? I do not care a fig who someone roots for.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: August 17, 2023, 07:22:21 PM »

Good grief.

What in God's Holy Name are you blabbering about? I do not care a fig who someone roots for.

And that's the problem.
Exactly why patriotism in America is in rapid decline.
One morning you'll likely awaken to find America is no more, a now-foreign flag flying high over the nation.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: August 17, 2023, 07:31:27 PM »

Good grief.

And that's the problem.
One morning you'll likely awaken to find America is no more, a now-foreign flag flying high over the nation.
"With all due respect to [Samuel Johnson], it is in fact the first."

- Ambrose Bierce

Besides, what you are talking about is jingoism.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: August 17, 2023, 07:39:24 PM »

And that's the problem.

Flag fucking is not patriotism. Nuremberg style rallies are not patriotic. Chauvinist hooliganism is the opposite of patriotism. You would know this if you did not spend every waking moment hiding from your country and seeking the noises of fools to reenforce the stupidity of your disordered mind. 

Patriotism is alive and well at the food bank and on the picket line and in the reproductive health networks that mirror the Underground Railroad and efforts to integrate and welcome newcomers of every stripe and in the political organizing that is destroying conservatism and driving it from the political scene.

If you ever had it, you would recognize it, but you never did so you do not.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: August 17, 2023, 07:52:27 PM »

And that's the problem.

Flag fucking is not patriotism. Nuremberg style rallies are not patriotic. Chauvinist hooliganism is the opposite of patriotism. You would know this if you did not spend every waking moment hiding from your country and seeking the noises of fools to reenforce the stupidity of your disordered mind. 

Patriotism is alive and well at the food bank and on the picket line and in the reproductive health networks that mirror the Underground Railroad and efforts to integrate and welcome newcomers of every stripe and in the political organizing that is destroying conservatism and driving it from the political scene.

If you ever had it, you would recognize it, but you never did so you do not.

Patriotism died in Australia long ago, when the country was finally overrun with foreigners waving their own flags, and being encouraged and favoured above others.
The others realised their fate, but instead of jumping to their death in the billabong, they opted out of the unwinnable flag war and went fishing in, and sailing on, the billabong instead.
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 567