Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119438 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5145 on: August 19, 2023, 08:44:29 PM »

I am sure that the current and future Farms in Arizona are and will be nice Farming Villages where they can have nice communities, and they have the United Farm Workers of America, they will be treated fair. Also, many farms are Co-Operatives, and the workers and farmers all share in the profits, like with Sunkist here in Southern California and also in Arizona.

The Farming Villages can have schools, and libraries, and coffee shops, and swimming pools, and tennis courts, and movie theatres, etc.

And the Farming Villages will send fresh Winter Vegetables to the ghettos of the USA, which is awesome, we can send them food, books, coffee shops, and a fresh coat of paint, and Kiwanis International can organize everything to beautify our ghettos and to improve the lives of American citizens.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: August 19, 2023, 09:00:38 PM »

My Grandmother worked at the original McDonald's in San Bernardino, and Sonny Barger from the Hell's Angels hung out there, and Sonny used to call my Grandmother "Miss New York" because he said she had class, she was from a small town outside of Denver, Colorado, but she allowed Sonny to call her "Miss New York."

I had Big Macs with Bruce Willis in Saint Louis, Missouri, at a McDonald's at the Greyhound station by the Arch. It was in the middle of the night, just hanging out with Bruce Willis like normal guys having burgers, then his new Mercedes was delivered on a truck and he had to leave, he was all normal except for the new Mercedes that he had delivered.

Then, I met Eddie Van Halen at the McDonald's in Hollywood on Hollywood Blvd, by Ozzy Osbourne's Star on the Walk of Fame, all of the stars go to the McDonald's and Eddie loved McDonald's.

Everyone loves a good Big Mac every now and then. And Greyhound goes to all of the McDonald's restaurants as you travel across the country, it is great. I highly recommend that you get out when you can and see the USA on a Greyhound Bus, it is a great way to see America.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: August 19, 2023, 09:59:17 PM »

Stay safe and dry, Tony.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: August 19, 2023, 10:39:41 PM »

Stay safe and dry, Tony.

Thanks, you too.

I see it all as a blessing, God knew we needed water, so we are getting lots of water. And it is all going to be used to grow food, and to create jobs for Farm Workers, etc, and to feed fresh vegetables to people in ghettos, the rain is wonderful, we are so blessed.

I hope everyone enjoys a good safe and peaceful experience from the storm. I plan to drink coffee and watch the rain fall. Maybe I will do some reading, I like to read when it is raining out.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: August 19, 2023, 11:01:05 PM »

Seems to always have been hard in America, an extremely hard "dog eat dog" existence for average Joe / below average Joe.
Maybe why the crime rate is so high.
Memphis being the most dangerous city in America.

My assessment from afar is that it was not as hard in the 50's, 60s and 70s.
Well,.you ARE white.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: August 20, 2023, 12:30:40 AM »

We need to send trucks full of products to open Northgate Mexican Markets in the poor parts of Kentucky, as the coal miners go back to school then they can have cheap Mexican Markets to shop at.

https://www.northgatemarket.com/

I get fresh baked bread, fresh made tortillas, pork in a million ways, chicken in a million ways, beef in a million ways, seafood in a million ways, etc. Plus they carry Italian wine. And everything to make Margaritas, and Pina Coladas, etc. Plus good deals on little things like frozen pizza, etc. And we have lots of local fruits and vegetables, and chili peppers, etc.

Bambu, tell Caroline Kennedy that you want Northgate Gonzalez Mexican Markets in Australia, and we have traveling Gypsies here in California too. I had neighbors who were Persian Gypsies, about 12 girls lived in a 1 bedroom apartment, they had a van and they all drove around together in a van. They used to wear homemade dresses and go barefoot. They used to wash their van in the parking lot of my apartment complex while wearing swimsuits in the heat of the summer. Anyhow, the Persian Gypsies here love the Northgate Gonzalez Mexican Markets. And the stars shop at the Northgate Mexican Market too, I saw Hugh Laurie there and other stars. The Australians would love to have a dozen Northgate Gonzalez Mexican Markets, just tell Caroline Kennedy what you want.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 12:33:11 AM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: August 20, 2023, 12:58:04 AM »

Seems to always have been hard in America, an extremely hard "dog eat dog" existence for average Joe / below average Joe.
Maybe why the crime rate is so high.
Memphis being the most dangerous city in America.

My assessment from afar is that it was not as hard in the 50's, 60s and 70s.
Well,.you ARE white.

True enough.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: August 20, 2023, 01:37:45 AM »

Hawaiians adopted Spam as one of their staple foods, and it is commonly used in a fried rice dish. The company says it ships 7 million cans of Spam to the state each year, and its products are "practically the national food" of Hawaii. 3 days ago

----------

The people of Hawaii love fried Spam on whole wheat toast with grilled pineapple. They have the bakeries and the pineapple farms, all that they need is for everyone to send them Spam.

------

Spam that is sold in North America, South America, and Australia is produced in Austin, Minnesota (also known as "Spam Town USA") and in Dubuque, Iowa. Austin, Minnesota also had a restaurant with a menu devoted exclusively to Spam called "Johnny's SPAMarama Menu."

======

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 01:47:07 AM by FlyingVProd »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: August 20, 2023, 08:21:55 AM »

I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: August 20, 2023, 09:30:52 AM »

I did not have to click that youtube link to know what it is.

Once again we witness the deep bond between Vikings and Polynesians. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: August 20, 2023, 10:03:38 AM »

I did not have to click that youtube link to know what it is.

Once again we witness the deep bond between Vikings and Polynesians.
Yeah, pretty obvious response to Tony's Spam spam.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: August 20, 2023, 07:50:44 PM »

Tony!

https://youtu.be/NxIAedHLrjk

Brah we should ship a ton of Old Bay seasoning to Italy and open a crab shack!

Steaming crabs by the bushel with corn would change how the Italians eat the crabs!

You know Italy and I am from DC by way of Long Island so I know BLUE CLAW CRABS!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 08:40:44 AM by LarryB! »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: August 21, 2023, 04:09:15 AM »

The floods in California are horrible, and life-threatening, now there's an earthquake...not a big one but a quake nonetheless.
Hope everyone is still alive.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: August 21, 2023, 11:43:01 AM »

California is still here, Bambi. Thanks for your concern.

You will be happy to know that our solar panels all got a good cleaning.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 02:10:58 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: August 21, 2023, 05:20:54 PM »

Hehe!

I predict that by 2040, "my solar panels got a good cleaning" will be slang for nookie.

On a distantly related topic, I learned a new fun fact today.   If you visit a city in England that goes back to the Middle Ages, it is not uncommon to find an old street called Grape Lane, Grove Lane, or Grope Lane.  These were apparently the result of tidying up offensive streetnames, in particular the common name for a street where there was a prostitution district:  Gropecunt Lane.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gropecunt_Lane

Now I'm wondering about the Beatles and Penny Lane...
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 567