Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119469 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5175 on: August 22, 2023, 08:48:31 PM »

I hate when beautiful actresses try to hang on to their beauty and become sad when they find the beauty of youth fleeting and short lasting. There is no need for them to become unhappy, they can embrace the fact that they are older and wiser, which makes us better leaders, etc. The Native American Indians and the Japanese value their elders, they make the wise old men their leaders, and the Chinese, the wise cultures make their wise people their leaders.

So, with Sofia Vergara, and Jennifer Lopez, and with Pamela Anderson, as they grow older they can be leaders, and they are wiser, and they can help the next generation of young stars, and they can write, and produce, and direct, etc. And they can own the companies like with Lucy who went on to produce "Star Trek" etc, etc, etc. And the same with Natalie Portman, etc, she can be a Boss and a Leader now that she is an Elder. The same with Michelle Pfeiffer, etc, she can be a Boss now.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: August 22, 2023, 09:13:58 PM »

I think Salute Tony V is running out of things to pontificate on.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: August 22, 2023, 10:20:38 PM »

It is hard for actresses because Hollywood has a youth focused culture, and the same with Paris, and Milan, etc. Some women feel like they are washed up when they are no longer young and beautiful, because of the Western culture, instead of glowing in their wisdom as Elders. We need for the women to Glow in their Wisdom as they age in Hollywood, and we need for them to write, direct, and produce, like Lucy, and they can own their own companies, etc. The women need to have Lucy as a Role Model, instead of worrying about lost youth, they can grow into world leaders in the Entertainment Industry, etc. When Hollywood emerges after the strike it will be different and there will be new people working. We need for our wise and talented people to grow into Leadership Positions and to lead in the New Hollywood that will emerge after the strikes.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: August 22, 2023, 10:55:37 PM »

TikTok has over 1.677 billion users globally out of which 1.1 billion are its monthly active users as of 2023. Aug 9, 2023

---

The stars of the future will be the hot young stars from Tik Tok and from Face Book, etc. Then their Bosses will be the Elders from Hollywood who have been here making movies for the last 20 years, etc. The studios are also growing with new studios in Florida that will be used for film and television, plus there will be new studios in Las Vegas, etc, plus there is Apple, and Amazon, etc, who are all making movies and television shows now. Hollywood will rise from the strikes with hot new stars from Social Media, with the Elders as the Bosses.

Plus we have the film schools, and the acting schools, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: August 22, 2023, 11:00:46 PM »

Helen Mirin (British actress) is quoted as saying:
"Hollywood caters to the 25 yr old p...s."
If true, Hollywood could also cater to older female actresses by having them play the mothers of the younger women.

Hollywood should stop *killing* dogs and other pets in movies.
Instead of having the Apaches spear a rancher's lovely dog, they could have the spear just miss the dog and the dog escape...to appear again when the Apaches have been driven away.

Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: August 22, 2023, 11:20:48 PM »

Hollywood does not kill dogs, nor are any animals injured in Hollywood movies.

And I support having our experienced Elders here in Hollywood running the show. Like Lucy. And I support giving more Women the opportunity to be the Boss like Lucy.

I worked for Suzanne Pleshette, she was a great Boss. And I wonder who is living in Empire West now? When I worked for Suzanne Pleshette then the whole building was full of stars. We had a few Playboy Playmates living there, and Jerry Vale, and Norby Walters, and Hal Needham, and lots of rich and famous people. I worked security, I watched the front door and parked the cars ( The cars were Rolls Royces, Bentleys, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Porsches, and I got to drive Hal Needham's Maserati, I was able to drive some nice cars ).

More women need to rise to Leadership Positions in the New Hollywood. Women like Lucy, and like Suzanne Pleshette, make great Bosses.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: August 22, 2023, 11:58:31 PM »

Here is a new show, Marli Buccola can play Jeannie and the "I Dream of Jeannie" show could be brought back, they can film the show at Universal in Orlando, Florida.

Emilio Estevez could direct the show.

And Aurelia Scheppers, and Mahlagha Jaberi could be on the show.

That is what the new future in Hollywood can look like as we expand into more filming in Florida, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: August 23, 2023, 12:55:20 AM »

New Beach Blanket Bingo movies can be made in California using the new hot young talent from Tik Tok and Face Book and from You Tube, plus with the film students, and with the acting students.

Westerns can be made in Nevada at the new studios in Nevada, they can make the Slocum Westerns, etc.

Plus Bible movies can be made in the Desert, including in Lancaster, California.

And Florida can make "I Dream of Jeannie" with Marli Buccola, Aurelia Scheppers, and with Mahlagha Jaberi.

Oliver Stone has a few ideas on projects that he wants to make, Universal needs to give Oliver the money and the freedom to make some great projects. And Rob Zombie has some ideas on movies he wants to make, and he needs to be given the money and the freedom to make movies.

Plus people can bring back some of the Aaron Spelling projects, such as "Fantasy Island" and "Charlie's Angels" etc.

And lots of stars have movies and television shows that they want to make, we can make the movies and television shows in California, and in Florida, and in Nevada, etc. And in Rome, Italy, there is Cinecitta.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 01:53:17 AM by FlyingVProd »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: August 23, 2023, 09:48:48 AM »

Spoke too soon.  😀
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: August 23, 2023, 10:25:02 AM »

In America the Constitution protects the right to practice religious beliefs.
No matter what the woke folks say.

Steve Tennes, owner of Country Mill Farms, sued East Lansing in 2017 after officials chose to exclude him from the city farmers market. Tennes, a devout Catholic, apparently was targeted by city officials after saying on Facebook that he follows the Catholic Church teachings about marriage, including when he participates in weddings at his family farm.

On Monday, a U.S. District Court judge for the Western District of Michigan ruled that Tennes and his family were improperly forced to choose between following their religious beliefs and a government benefit for which they were otherwise qualified.

The court said the city of East Lansing violated the Tennes free exercise rights protected in the U.S. Constitution, Amendment One. The reason is simple,  denying a person an equal share of the rights, benefits, and privileges enjoyed by other citizens because of her faith discourages religious activity. 

Amen.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: August 23, 2023, 10:50:11 AM »

In America the Constitution protects the right to practice religious beliefs.
No matter what the woke folks say.

Steve Tennes, owner of Country Mill Farms, sued East Lansing in 2017 after officials chose to exclude him from the city farmers market. Tennes, a devout Catholic, apparently was targeted by city officials after saying on Facebook that he follows the Catholic Church teachings about marriage, including when he participates in weddings at his family farm.

On Monday, a U.S. District Court judge for the Western District of Michigan ruled that Tennes and his family were improperly forced to choose between following their religious beliefs and a government benefit for which they were otherwise qualified.

The court said the city of East Lansing violated the Tennes free exercise rights protected in the U.S. Constitution, Amendment One. The reason is simple,  denying a person an equal share of the rights, benefits, and privileges enjoyed by other citizens because of her faith discourages religious activity. 

Amen.

I agree!

Everyone has a Constitutional right to be an asshole.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: August 23, 2023, 11:31:54 AM »

I am sure Red backs the rights of Border Angels to operate in Texas, Arizona and New Mexico with the same verve and vigor he is applying in this case.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: August 23, 2023, 11:36:02 AM »

Yeach, there is a Constitutional right to mistake your hate for religious doctrine. As always, I wonder whether they let their wedding venue be used for other non-canonical weddings. If they refuse to allow their farm to be used for celebrations of what the church considers adultery they would go out of business.

It looks like EL was trying to apply its anti-discrmimnation rule for vendors to slots in the Farmer's Market. The other aspect of their business being unrelated to the Farmer's Market, there was no legitimate interest in the regulating that other business. Had their hatred disguised as a religious belief directly impacted the Farmer's Market, say not selling to Jews or not hiring women, that would have been different.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: August 23, 2023, 11:37:03 AM »

Spoke too soon.  😀
Yeah, I blame Yankguy for making Tony to essentially say, wait, hold my beer.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: August 23, 2023, 12:29:23 PM »

Which, in turn, forced me to keep scrolling up to look at the pinup of Marli Buccola.  Perfidious.

Amused this a.m. by Trumps latest attempt to shoot new holes in his feet.

New CBS poll, just out, has me leading the field by legendary numbers.  I WILL THEREFORE NOT BE DOING THE DEBATES

People used to give Trump at least some credit for cunning, if nothing else.  But only the most devoted cultists could not be put off by someone displaying smug complacency, and apparent cowardice, five months before the first primary.    How hard would it be for him to answer any questions arising at the debate touching on his indictments with on the advice of counsel...  Oh, wait....
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 567