Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119400 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5235 on: August 27, 2023, 12:54:10 PM »

In a statement released by Edward Waters University, the school said that an unidentified male was on campus on Saturday, and that the person had refused to identify himself to an on-campus security officer and was asked to leave.

The individual returned to their car and left campus without incident, the statement reads, adding that the encounter was reported to the Jacksonville Sheriff

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/27/us/jacksonville-shooting-dollar-general.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

Just catching up with the story.  Did they match that guy to the DG shooter?  A lot more people could have died if he had remained on the campus.  And yet another shooting where the perp is emboldened by wearing body armor - makes me wonder if that would be something bannable.  The Second Amendment doesn't say anything about body armor.
Let us ban anything and everything we use for protection if it is misused by anyone.
Jesus.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: August 27, 2023, 01:06:06 PM »

It seems a little weird that you want to ban Jesus, but if you think it will help I am willing to give it a go.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: August 27, 2023, 01:51:15 PM »

In a statement released by Edward Waters University, the school said that an unidentified male was on campus on Saturday, and that the person had refused to identify himself to an on-campus security officer and was asked to leave.

The individual returned to their car and left campus without incident, the statement reads, adding that the encounter was reported to the Jacksonville Sheriff

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/27/us/jacksonville-shooting-dollar-general.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

Just catching up with the story.  Did they match that guy to the DG shooter?  A lot more people could have died if he had remained on the campus.  And yet another shooting where the perp is emboldened by wearing body armor - makes me wonder if that would be something bannable.  The Second Amendment doesn't say anything about body armor.
Let us ban anything and everything we use for protection if it is misused by anyone.
Jesus.
The number of non-police persons wearing body armor for personal prptection is...? Functinally zero?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: August 27, 2023, 01:57:27 PM »

Jesus.
The number of non-police persons wearing body armor for personal prptection is...? Functinally zero?
Though I am surprised the right has not flogged this as their solution to school shootings. Black dress pants or plaid knee length skirts, white dress shirt, kevlar vest...
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: August 27, 2023, 02:26:01 PM »

Jesus.
https://www.npr.org/2022/06/14/1103935711/body-armor-sales-increase-rise-mass-shootings-bans

NPR, no less.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: August 27, 2023, 04:17:20 PM »

Still ridiculous.  Just ups the ante on this whole preposterous arms race that is life in America.  Sure, put every child in a kevlar vest, then our death industry can sell armor-piercing teflon rounds to all those frustrated school shooters.  American Capitalism loves killing, and lots of it. 

BTW, if you actually READ the NPR article, then you learned that most purchasers of the body armor are gun owners who are accessorizing.  Want to look spiffy for the next white nationalist rally or street battle when the Jews and Blacks come to replace them! 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: August 27, 2023, 04:21:59 PM »

Still ridiculous. 
Yes you are.
Take your own advice and stop scamming the site.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: August 27, 2023, 04:23:30 PM »

Though I am surprised the right has not flogged this as their solution to school shootings. Black dress pants or plaid knee length skirts, white dress shirt, kevlar vest...

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/texas-mother-creates-bulletproof-back-to-school-dress-daughter-protect-babies-guns-violence-school-shooting-190512988.html

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: August 27, 2023, 04:29:28 PM »

Still ridiculous. 
Yes you are.
Take your own advice and stop scamming the site.

Where was the false statement or misrepresenting in my post?  Which points are you calling a scam?  (my advice was against SPAMMING, btw, not scamming.)

Still awaiting an actual discussion on the points raised...

Espnthree

• View Profile

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: August 27, 2023, 04:52:43 PM »

Water is very important, and every administration must examine our water supply and take action where needed, including building dams, and aquaducts, etc. And we CAN grow food in the desert, and we CAN have large populations of people in the desert, we just need to be wise. And we can sell oranges and pickles and other stuff grown in the desert all around the world, along with supplying our cities with fresh Winter Vegetables. Also, as people make money from the oranges and pickles, etc, then they can be altruistic and they can help the poor and the orphans and the homeless, etc. And we have Pepperdine which is teaching students how to help the needy. I posted all good stuff, I do not consider any of it to be spam.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: August 27, 2023, 04:57:45 PM »

When I worked watching the door and parking cars for Suzanne Pleshette, then some of the guys who I worked with wore bullet proof vests, but I was never afraid, I always felt safe in Hollywood. Some people wear bullet proof vests while working as security guards, etc, and as door men, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: August 27, 2023, 05:49:50 PM »

Jesus.

Why would any ordinary Joe need body armor?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: August 27, 2023, 07:11:32 PM »

Jesus.

Why would any ordinary Joe need body armor?

Ordinarly Joe needs body armour to protect himself from the bad people.
He needs to protect his heart, kidneys, liver, neck, head.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: August 27, 2023, 07:19:36 PM »

Black people in Jacksonville need to enact segregation.
Form the BPA...Black Peoples Army.
They need to arm the members of said army with handguns and AR 15s...and train such soldiers to the max.
Special uniforms, weapons and dogs.
Secure fence erected around the Black folks community.
Checkpoints, Black soldiers of the BPA enforcing the new rules.
...so the Black ladies I saw on my tv will be able to go to the convenience store in peace.
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 566