Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119356 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5265 on: August 28, 2023, 05:20:06 PM »

Yeach, there is a Constitutional right to mistake your hate for religious doctrine.
Hate.?
You may want to read the case history.
If there was any hate it was directed at the Catholic Couple in the form of discrimination in violation of the first amendment.
Pope Says 'Backward' American Conservatives Have Replaced Faith With Ideology
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pope-francis-backward-conservatives-catholic-church_n_64ecd06de4b05b9ed9edb5cf
If there was any hate it was directed at the Catholic Couple in the form of discrimination in violation of the first amendment

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: August 28, 2023, 05:21:49 PM »

Yeach, there is a Constitutional right to mistake your hate for religious doctrine.
Hate.?
If there was any hate it was directed at the Catholic Couple in the form of discrimination in violation of the first amendment.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pope-francis-backward-conservatives-catholic-church_n_64ecd06de4b05b9ed9edb5cf
If there was any hate it was directed at the Catholic Couple in the form of discrimination in violation of the first amendment
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: August 28, 2023, 05:53:52 PM »

Hate.?
The case in question involves discrimination against a couple who run a business. They were denied inclusion in a group activity of similar business people solely because they followed their religious teachings about marriage.  The group was found in violation of the first amendment of the US Constitution.
The Pope and his opinion of American Catholics is a non issue.
We learned through John Kennedy that his presidency (and our laws) transcended  any direction from Rome that is in conflict with the Constitution.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: August 28, 2023, 06:19:46 PM »

Backward American conservatives have replaced faith with ideology and failure.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: August 28, 2023, 07:19:38 PM »

Hate.?
The case in question involves discrimination against a couple who run a business. They were denied inclusion in a group activity of similar business people solely because they followed their religious teachings about marriage.  The group was found in violation of the first amendment of the US Constitution.
We learned through John Kennedy that his presidency (and our laws) transcended  any direction from Rome that is in conflict with the Constitution.
Yes, their hatred is protected by the Constitution. It is still hatred disguised - perhaps even to them - as a regions belief.

And of course I have cited Francis as an expert on Catholicism, on the belief system those haters espouse, not on any relationship between their hatred and the law.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: August 28, 2023, 07:46:29 PM »

Hate.?
Yes, their hatred is protected by the Constitution. It is still hatred disguised
Hatred of what? Or whom?
Is having a belief based on Catholic Teaching reduced by you to hatred because you have a different belief.?
That is a  definition of bigotry.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 07:49:10 PM by Espnthree »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: August 28, 2023, 08:38:35 PM »

The Pope agrees with me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: August 28, 2023, 08:39:33 PM »

Who does bad Catholic teaching demand that you hate?

Start with anyone interested in the works or words of Christ and expand outward from there.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: August 28, 2023, 08:46:15 PM »

Epistemology wise, I'm an agnostic.  Belief wise, I see no problem with a finite human mind seeking connection to a universal mind.  We humans seem, in our basic nature, meant to seek meaning, love and greater understanding.  I think the couple in question are blocking their own path in this seeking, but have not followed the case closely enough to know where they land on the spectrum of prejudice. 

Be interesting to hear a theologian like Robert Barron weigh in on this. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: August 28, 2023, 08:47:48 PM »

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: August 28, 2023, 08:53:49 PM »

Epistemology wise, I'm an agnostic.  Belief wise, I see no problem with a finite human mind seeking connection to a universal mind.  We humans seem, in our basic nature, meant to seek meaning, love and greater understanding.  I think the couple in question are blocking their own path in this seeking, but have not followed the case closely enough to know where they land on the spectrum of prejudice. 

Be interesting to hear a theologian like Robert Barron weigh in on this.
Interesting but totally beside the point in the court case.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: August 28, 2023, 08:56:28 PM »

The Pope agrees with me.
Irrelevant, immaterial, and incorrect, especially since the Pope does not profess hatred toward anyone.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 08:58:14 PM by Espnthree »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: August 28, 2023, 09:07:58 PM »

The Pope agrees with me.
Irrelevant, immaterial, and incorrect, especially since the Pope does not profess hatred toward anyone.
You should try a new dictionary.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: August 28, 2023, 09:43:48 PM »

I am not sure Bambu believes he is human, Tony. I do not think he cares.

I think Bambu cares, and some of his ideas are great, and we often agree on issues, but he needs to understand how hard we have had to work in America to have equality, and we do not want to go back to the bad old days, we need to continue to move ahead in good ways.

Salute,

Tony V.

One can have equality, ....and also voluntary segregation...separation from White, Nazi-loving, racist, Black people-hating, mentally ill mass killers who obtain guns legally.
Young Black man was a victim, they haven't told his little daughter who loved him dearly yet that he was killed.
Black people there are distraught, beside themselves with depression that they're hated so much, and can't even go to the convenience store without being murdered.
Time for them to build physical barriers and arm themselves.
My "BPA, Black Peoples Army, weaponised to the max, securing the Black community there from harm...is a great idea. Basically the only idea that will work.
What's in place there now didn't work, time for change.
"Peace, love, and harmony" doesn't work...unless backed up with absolute security.
First, what the actual FUCK?

Second, it is a pretty common trope for people, let's say uncomfortable with the presence of minorities to argue separation is for the benefit of minorities.

Third, you are a frightening little fascist in the literal sense of the word.

And lastly, clearly your problem with AI is the I part.

And your suggestion/solution to keep the Black community there safe so the White, Nazi-loving, armed killers don't get them again, and the Black ladies can shop at the convenience store etc in safety...is what exactly?
Practical solution, not airy-fairy 'intellectual' BS...."get the guns" etc.
Combating and ending racism in all its manifestations. Which is why people like RedDick and luee pretending that racism does not exist and that pointing out racism is the real problem are themselves the real problem.

And the solution is never, ever a fascist police state, as much as you orgasm over the possibility. And especially not one that fawns over vigilantism.

In other words you have no solution.
Just more of the same.
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: August 28, 2023, 09:50:24 PM »

Yes!!!! The solution is clear.  Arm everybody.  Guns cocked and ready to fire.

And absolute security.  That'll do the trick!!!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 566